+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cute bit of work by Morrison

Cute bit of work by Morrison

Re-watched the second half of our game this morning. Unnoticed on the evening but Morrison was very cute in the lead up to our first penalty. Following our first corner that was tipped over our captain could clearly be seen to be in the ear of the ref regards his marker holding his shirt. Sure enough, from the resulting corner the ref was clearly watching them both and immediately blew for the pen, obviously to the disgust of Bamba, and all of us to be fair! Ralls thankfully netted resulting pen. Good professional work by our captain, and further evidence of just what a professional squad our management team has assembled in their 12 month at the helm.

Re: Cute bit of work by Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Re-watched the second half of our game this morning. Unnoticed on the evening but Morrison was very cute in the lead up to our first penalty. Following our first corner that was tipped over our captain could clearly be seen to be in the ear of the ref regards his marker holding his shirt. Sure enough, from the resulting corner the ref was clearly watching them both and immediately blew for the pen, obviously to the disgust of Bamba, and all of us to be fair! Ralls thankfully netted resulting pen. Good professional work by our captain, and further evidence of just what a professional squad our management team has assembled in their 12 month at the helm.
    Thank god Ralls scored as it was a silly decision not to play the advantage and let Bambas goal stand.
    It was literally a seconds difference between the foul and the goal he could have just pointed to the halfway line.

Neil Warnock mentioned a few weeks ago that he had told Morrison to keep on at the refs about holding in the box ....

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Thank god Ralls scored as it was a silly decision not to play the advantage and let Bambas goal stand.
    It was literally a seconds difference between the foul and the goal he could have just pointed to the halfway line.
    Agreed, but psychologically Mozza had done a number on the ref and he obviously blew as soon as contact had been made instead of giving himself a few seconds thinking space.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Agreed, but psychologically Mozza had done a number on the ref and he obviously blew as soon as contact had been made instead of giving himself a few seconds thinking space.
    If we had known this yesterday, the entire thread on Advantage Law would have been unnecessary ....

Morrisons been great this season, our captain needs a song.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    If we had known this yesterday, the entire thread on Advantage Law would have been unnecessary ....
    Apologies, but I only got a whole hour to myself this morning in which to view!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Morrisons been great this season, our captain needs a song.
    I do agree I've not always been his favourite fan I suffered from the loss of Hudson symptoms

Morrison speaking to the official website after the win on Friday.

“Three points was enough for Neil,” joked Sean. “I asked if that was enough for his birthday and he replied: ‘that’ll do’. I’m sure a few of the boys got him cheeky presents to try and get in his good books though

“In the first half we were miles off the mark and not good enough. The Gaffer had a few words at half-time, made a couple of changes, and we kicked on. I’m very happy to come away with three points and to have four wins in a row is a credit to the whole squad.

“The start we’ve had is fantastic and if we can keep hitting the bar that we’ve set, you never know where it could take us,” he continued.

“It’s mad when you look at the year and how far we’ve come as a team. The belief in the team is incredible now. The changing room is on a different level. There are 25/26 lads that would run through a wall for each other. We’ve got a long way to go but we’re on the right track.

“The Gaffer bought Junior in October last year and I’d known about him for years,” he added. “He is massive for us because he tears defences apart and scores lots of goals; we are very lucky to have him.

“Sol and I have a great connection on and off the pitch. I’ve nothing but amazing things to say about him; he's someone that I learn from as a leader and as a person. His level of performance has been fantastic and he is probably the best centre-half in the Championship.”

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...or-each-other/

An attempt at a Morrison song (the clash - tommy gun)

Morrison, you’ll win nothing till you got one
    Morrison he’s gonna win the ball just for fun
    Maybe he wants to play for ther City
    Maybe he wants to win for the City
    If he wants the ball he’s gonna get it

I wouldn't give up your day job mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    I wouldn't give up your day job mate.
    It’s allright isn’t it. What’s wrong with it?
    Probably too long, I suppose, anything more than one line is too difficult for our lot.
    Just the first line over and over then.

I like Morrison. But 20 games unto the season and the penny dropping is hardly cute.

It's a great idea. But the lyrics need a bit of work. And I doubt that 75% of people in the stadium will know the tune.

Probably too long, I suppose, anything more than one line is too difficult for our lot.
    In general all over the world football songs need to be short. Anything long has to be catchy.