+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fao Sludge re: Homeless

Fao Sludge re: Homeless

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...entre-13978846

Looks like I wasn’t so naive to be sceptical of the so called “homeless” motives after all, and that guy outside my local Aldi isn’t alone in his scamming, and taking advantage of people’s good nature.

Hmmmmmmm.

Re: Fao Sludge re: Homeless

They ran a different story a fortnight ago that featured a survey which revealed of the 14 beggars in the City Centre just one was registered homeless.

International

I saw this and thought of sludge too.
    With all the best will in the world, how is anyone supposed to know which is which?
    So for fear of being ripped off people just ignore them all.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I saw this and thought of sludge too.
    With all the best will in the world, how is anyone supposed to know which is which?
    So for fear of being ripped off people just ignore them all.
    Sad but true. I’ve stopped giving to the fellas outside Aldi because one I know off definitely isn’t homeless, and I heard the other on his mobile phone telling the caller he “wasn’t going you be home for another hour”

Do the beggars who present themselves as homeless but are not for fraud too. That'll concentrate a few minds.

International

The old offence used to be something like "obtaining percunary advantage by deception" in other words being a cheating bastard

This is the other story I mentioned earlier.

This is what a police operation discovered about 'aggressive beggars' on Cardiff's streets - http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...ssive-13921504

Simply solve homelessness and they will have to go home. Win Win.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Simply solve homelessness and they will have to go home. Win Win.
    Keep up at the back, you boy! Most of the beggars are not, repeat not homeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Exactly. If there were no homeless people then you could just assume correctly that people sat in town were just beggars and go about your business without feeling a bit sorry for them and giving them a pound or whatever, I

Since when did walesonline get interested in homelessness anyway, Usually full of articles purporting to be about business but which are just shameless plugs for start ups like Mrs Bucket.

Or Mrs Mop.. Can't remember the name sorry.

Exactly. If there were no homeless people then you could just assume correctly that people sat in town were just beggars and go about your business without feeling a bit sorry for them and giving them a pound or whatever, I
    There will always be homeless people. Those who kip on the streets of Cardiff choose to. There's plenty of hostel places to accommodate them.

There will always be homeless people. Those who kip on the streets of Cardiff choose to. There's plenty of hostel places to accommodate them.
    Fair enough. Funny choice to make though. Maybe the clever fake beggars catch the last train home leaving the daft ones to freeze their nuts off outside. The cold weather provision run by Cardiff Council gets full. Some are banned from hostels as well.. Do you honestly think that everyone kipping on the streets in sub zero temperatures chooses to. I dont reckon.

How many beds are in these hostels to accommodate them ?

Don't forget getting a bed in a hostel is reliant on the hostel claiming housing benefit to pay for it. If your sanctioned then you can kiss that one goodbye.or you might not have any claim started cause you move around. Got no I.d. haven't got a bank account. Got a massive drink/drug problem so you can't keep appointments. It's a pretty shifty choice to choose to sleep out. Made by desperate people. Not exactly a laugh.

The thread is right though. Nor all beggars are homeless. I doubt they ever have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    How many beds are in these hostels to accommodate them ?
    No idea. But understand from an informed source that the Salvation Army joint is never full. There's another hostel too, Huggard something it's known by.

Why is Sludge absent from this discussion? He's definitely not knelt in silent prayer at Mary Magdalene's church following that unsavoury incident the other week involving Gertrude the organist and a knockwurst sausage, and it's way too cold for a spot of dogging.

Why is Sludge absent from this discussion? He's definitely not knelt in silent prayer at Mary Magdalene's church following that unsavoury incident the other week involving Gertrude the organist and a knockwurst sausage, and it's way too cold for a spot of dogging.
    I have just awoken after a night of metal

Homelessness is a very complex issue , there are people begging and taking the piss but they are in a minority

My view is give them the benefit of the doubt and lob em a quid , if they are genuine then great , if they are con artists then no doubt one day they will get lifted

As for homeless provision , there is often so much violence , drinking , drug abuse and exploitation going on around the homeless shelters that some people feel safer on the streets and others are so ill mentally they can't cope with the environment

That's been common knowledge for a while they get dropped off my minders think uts got worse since eastern european have landed .

It always winds me up when politicians refer to the increase In the streets relating it to goverment policy, perhaps they should look deeper at the core of the issue such as easy entry to our country without a prospect of a job and finance to support , buy hey they won't tread near that one ,will they .

Don't forget getting a bed in a hostel is reliant on the hostel claiming housing benefit to pay for it. If your sanctioned then you can kiss that one goodbye.or you might not have any claim started cause you move around. Got no I.d. haven't got a bank account. Got a massive drink/drug problem so you can't keep appointments. It's a pretty shifty choice to choose to sleep out. Made by desperate people. Not exactly a laugh.
    Very true

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    That's been common knowledge for a while they get dropped off my minders think uts got worse since eastern european have landed .

It always winds me up when politicians refer to the increase In the streets relating it to goverment policy, perhaps they should look deeper at the core of the issue such as easy entry to our country without a prospect of a job and finance to support , buy hey they won't tread near that one ,will they .
    There is no doubt whatsoever amongst those who work with the homeless, shelter , crisis etc......and they should know shouldn't they ?......that uk housing policy and severe cuts since 2010 when the conservatives came in has led to an increase in rough sleeping

It's no good people saying oh well I know this bloke etc , that's just talk

Sitting down the front was for nerds, wimps and teachers pets. I probably should have paid more attention however.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have just awoken after a night of metal

Homelessness is a very complex issue , there are people begging and taking the piss but they are in a minority

My view is give them the benefit of the doubt and lob em a quid , if they are genuine then great , if they are con artists then no doubt one day they will get lifted

As for homeless provision , there is often so much violence , drinking , drug abuse and exploitation going on around the homeless shelters that some people feel safer on the streets and others are so ill mentally they can't cope with the environment
    That's contrary to what I've been told so many times by those on the front line. They said do not under any circumstances give cash to a beggar... offer to buy them food or drink because that can't be exchanged for drugs or alcohol. Donate to homeless charities instead.