+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Single best moment as a Cardiff City supporter

Single best moment as a Cardiff City supporter

......has to be done before someone runs off and tops himself over in the other thread.

Two for me which are inseparable .....

1970/71 - City 1 Real Madrid 0

1975/76 - City 2 Hereford Utd 0 in front of 35,000 and a terrific atmosphere.

After our struggles to stay in the old 2nd division for many of the previous 13 seasons, we had been relegated the season before, but Jimmy Andrews turned things around and got us straight back up. Hereford won the division easily, but this was the game that put us in second place. In the last three games of the season, we actually didn't score another goal, but it was enough.

Re: Single best moment as a Cardiff City supporter

I thoroughly enjoyed beating David O'Leary and Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    ......has to be done before someone runs off and tops himself over in the other thread.

Two for me which are inseparable .....

1970/71 - City 1 Real Madrid 0

1975/76 - City 2 Hereford Utd 0 in front of 35,000 and a terrific atmosphere.

After our struggles to stay in the old 2nd division for many of the previous 13 seasons, we had been relegated the season before, but Jimmy Andrews turned things around and got us straight back up. Hereford won the division easily, but this was the game that put us in second place. In the last three games of the season, we actually didn't score another goal, but it was enough.
    We did, we beat Bury 0-1 in the last game of the season, what a night that was, everyone on the pitch celebrating.

Single best moment?

How can Ben Turners last minute of extra time equaliser against Liverpool in the cup final ever be beaten?? That moment alone was indescribable... sat right at the back of the top tier Wembley, you could see the bodies flying everywhere. Granted- the following 20 minutes were a bit shit, but that 60 second period of goal + celebration better everything else I have experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    Single best moment?

How can Ben Turners last minute of extra time equaliser against Liverpool in the cup final ever be beaten?? That moment alone was indescribable... sat right at the back of the top tier Wembley, you could see the bodies flying everywhere. Granted- the following 20 minutes were a bit shit, but that 60 second period of goal + celebration better everything else I have experienced.
    ^^^ This without a doubt, everyone went mental, what a moment!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    Single best moment?

Got to be this. It's the most mental I've ever gone. The time between him finding the ball at his feet and it hitting the net seemed to last for five or six seconds.

I've never gone as mad as I did for that Turner goal. Unbelievable.

Other than that Boro away in the cup and realising we were going to Wembley was incredible to be there.

And beating Leeds at home in the cup, i was young at the time and that match started to get me properly hooked.

International

Watching us beat the double winning Spurs team on a saturday night with my dad.
    My first ever City game as a 10 year old. Hooked for life!!

Andy Campbell's goal against qpr was some moment too. Never been hugged by so many strangers at a match before.

Young versus Leeds beats Blake's wonder goal versus Man City by a short head.

Probably the Pompey Cup final, and having a picture with my son at the Bobby Moore statue.

Proudest - seeing them in an FA Cup final

Craziest- Ben Turners goal

Not sure which is the 'best'

Feedback

Ryan Nicholls header v orient

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Proudest - seeing them in an FA Cup final

Craziest- Ben Turners goal

Not sure which is the 'best'
    Yes, the FA cup final, especially for us older ones, was a simply magical moment.

It was once a dream , when the Cup Final was a really significant football & social event, to reach it.

Walking down Wembley Way and hearing Abide with me was something I will never forget.

You had to have been there ...

Andy Campbell goal

17 years away from the second flight of British football

Shows how crap we have been , for so long

When Steve Flack run onto a loose ball and scored a goal. Crikey how shit was he?

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    We did, we beat Bury 0-1 in the last game of the season, what a night that was, everyone on the pitch celebrating.
    Well spotted. The old memory isn't what it was.......

When Tony Bird put us 2-1 up at Standard Liege.

I was still underneath 10 bodies when they equalised straight from the re-start!!

Also when Buchanan hit it!!!

Ben Turners equaliser was facking mental, when that went in I totally lost my shit.

The penalty shoot out v Leicester City is right up there but it was unbelievably nerve racking.

Of those great moments not already mentioned I shall bring the Chops last minute winner and celebration against the JBs to the party.

Certainly one of my favourite CCS moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Ben Turners equaliser was facking mental, when that went in I totally lost my shit.

The penalty shoot out v Leicester City is right up there but it was unbelievably nerve racking.
    I was on the front row of the top tier. How someone didn’t go over the top I don’t know.

That roar has got to be the single loudest roar ever for a city goal by some distance. The 2 play off goals against Blackpool were good celebrations but nothing comes close to Turners.

Lets throw the 0.6 beating of Jursetts mob in the mix too

John Buchannon’s free kick against Swansea to make it 3-3. Nothing since has beaten that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Watching us beat the double winning Spurs team on a saturday night with my dad.
    My first ever City game as a 10 year old. Hooked for life!!
    That was pretty good; I was 16 at the time and right behind the Grange goal - Derek Hogg winner for 3-2 wasn't it?