+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Single best moment as a Cardiff City supporter

Re: Single best moment as a Cardiff City supporter

I was at all the main games from 1973 until late 2013 (moved downunder) & most of the rest too. But my main moment wasn't at a match! My wife & I were the last ever couple married at NP & I will always treasure that. The only sadness in that day was when I went outside for a breath of air late on & looked across the road at the new stadium & realised properly that my second home was nearly finished with.

Best moment at actual football was the QPR win in the playoffs, being caught in an avalanche of bodies piling down the stand, piking each other up & hugging & laughing!

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    Graham Moore's winner against Villa in 1961circa that got us promoted to Div1,tied with Norman Dean's winner in Augsburg in 1968 against Moscow Torpedo in the ECWC QF. In a crowd of 30000 me and my good lady only City fans there.
    Graham Moore’s goal was April 16th 1960 which was my first game

The 3-3 with the Jacks and Buchanan’s goal shades it for me

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    winning 1 nil away at chesterfield promotion year 1982/3 to cement promotion back to division 2 the first time i tasted any type of success watching the city . that memory is etched one one's memory as it was the first time i invaded a football pitch . lifting dave bennett on my shoulders at the end of the game and singing with about 1500 others after the game on the pitch was a great feeling back then . I only ever known failure watching the city in those days so i was milking a bit

the year before we lost last game of the season against luton 3-2 at home last game of the season and got relegated from division 2
    This all day long although for me the season as a whole was the best moment - I only missed the Bradford away game home or away that season and if I remember rightly it was because their floodlights failed and it was brought forward to the afternoon in mid week? Great season with great football.

City 3-2 Spurs March 1961, the year Spurs did the double.

[QUOTE=Llanedeyrnblue;4815527]Graham Moore’s goal was April 16th 1960 which was my first game

That was a brilliant day, and City playing in all white.