+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funniest Moment Watching City

Re: Funniest Moment Watching City

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Reading away a few years ago when the entire away end sung "Does she take it up the arse?" to some woman who was stood up and swearing and shouting at the away end
    The fat **** with his top off

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    The fat **** with his top off
    I vaguely remember some of them trying to sneak around the screen they had in the corner to get to the away fans, but got caught quite easily

Speaking of a fat bloke that Sheff weds bloke was a good crack last game of the season a few years back had a standing ovation at the final whistle from us

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I vaguely remember some of them trying to sneak around the screen they had in the corner to get to the away fans, but got caught quite easily
    Was the husband wanted to take us all on

There was the guy in the yellow jacket at Bristol this season

Burton Albion away last season, the away end singing "Trollope for England", Burton Albion away this season a City fan winning their half-time entertainment and running the length of the pitch away from the announcers to celebrate in front if the away end, milking it for a while before being taken away by their stewards

Doing the poznan against Man City was pretty funny

Hussey when he was trying to get noticed for a pass with Coventry I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Don't want to steal TDA's thunder
    Not at all. Pleased to have made a contribution for a change.

Can't remember the match at the moment (maybe 69/70 season), but Bobby Woodruff (he of the prodigious long throw in) was injured and missed this particular game. However, as his throw had become such a potent weapon that City obviously decided that someone else should take over the duties.

This fell to Peter King, whose first (and only) effort in line with the penalty area at the Canton Stand end went straight up in the air and landed about 3 feet in front of him. The entire ground, including players, erupted into laughter and that was the end of that tactic.

Don Murray pulling Malcolm MacDonalds shorts off him, as the latter tried to run past him on the halfway line.

The day when Lennie 'football genius' Lawrence decided to put LFW out wide instead of his natural habitat hanging around the oppositions box.

Inevitably the ball eventually came to LEO! around the halfway line and he had to try to run with it.
    Faaaaack meeeee it was a sight to behold.

LEO!

The guy who ran on the pitch and had simulated (at least I think it was simulated) sex mounted behind a 6 foot papier mache swan at the Vetch in the late 70s.

Steve Lethal Lynex missing a one on one chance and the ball getting stuck in the old bench seats in the Canton.

The Lethal Lynex chant followed.

Only a kid but City fans chanting “we want 8” after Cambridge scored their 7th against us in a 7-2 defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    Hussey when he was trying to get noticed for a pass with Coventry I believe
    I remember that.
    Not sure of the club, I think he was a new-ish signing, he was in space by the bob-bank a few times, but his team-mates didn't pass to him.
    Then we all started waving our hands shouting "let's all do the Hussey!"
    Even their mgr was laughing, now I'm probably wrong here, but in my mind, that mgr was none other than our Neil (my memory ain't what it used to be)

During Ninian Park days, there was a well known ref called Gurnam Singh who was useless but had a habit of taking out a large white handkerchief and wiping his nose as he was running around during the match. He was having a particularly bad day once and most of the fans on the bob bank terrace got out their own hankies and started waving them at him. The look on his face when he saw them all was priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I remember that.
    Not sure of the club, I think he was a new-ish signing, he was in space by the bob-bank a few times, but his team-mates didn't pass to him.
    Then we all started waving our hands shouting "let's all do the Hussey!"
    Even their mgr was laughing, now I'm probably wrong here, but in my mind, that mgr was none other than our Neil (my memory ain't what it used to be)
    Your memory certainly is not! it was at the CCS

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Sludge, I just pictured that scene and pissed myself laughing. It's like a scene from Phoenix Nights.
    It's true , they were potty

Haven't seen them for years

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Man City's fatty getting chucked off the grange end.
    I remember him , mouthing off at the bob bank for most of the game then he was whisked away !

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    During Ninian Park days, there was a well known ref called Gurnam Singh who was useless but had a habit of taking out a large white handkerchief and wiping his nose as he was running around during the match. He was having a particularly bad day once and most of the fans on the bob bank terrace got out their own hankies and started waving them at him. The look on his face when he saw them all was priceless.
    What a shocking referee he was

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Can't remember who we played at ninian park there was some bloke mimicking the lino with a piece of white paper or something as a flag I'm sure he done it for ages
    I remember that. Pretty sure the lino spotted him after a few minutes and then tried really hard to ignore him.

Sound stupid now but at the time everyone was pissing themselves, which just encouraged the bloke even more.

That miss by the Brentford player in front of the canton recently

It was greeted with tears of laughter

Kermorgant's panenka.