+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funniest Moment Watching City

Funniest Moment Watching City

Don't want to steal TDA's thunder, although this should produce some comedy gold, especially on away trips, and before football became way too serious a past time. I can think of a few-Some bloke with a Ghetto Blaster at Stockport away-1994 ?- walking the length of the terrace, with the Ghetto Blaster on his shoulder, ear to speaker-Why?

Two identical twins (city fans) beating shit out of eachover in a graveyard-Hereford away-The Police set the dogs on them (they liked doing that in Hereford) and they both started beating up the dog!

Pompey away 1983-when that mental bloke climbed up to there famous clock and bent the big hand-Scenes of Harold Lloyd-Shouldn't laugh.....

Re: Funniest Moment Watching City

That fan who tried to header the ball a couple of years back against Wolves as it went out for a throw and he went arse over tit over the row in front. Caught on camera too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Don't want to steal TDA's thunder, although this should produce some comedy gold, especially on away trips, and before football became way too serious a past time. I can think of a few-Some bloke with a Ghetto Blaster at Stockport away-1994 ?- walking the length of the terrace, with the Ghetto Blaster on his shoulder, ear to speaker-Why?

Two identical twins (city fans) beating shit out of eachover in a graveyard-Hereford away-The Police set the dogs on them (they liked doing that in Hereford) and they both started beating up the dog!

Pompey away 1983-when that mental bloke climbed up to there famous clock and bent the big hand-Scenes of Harold Lloyd-Shouldn't laugh.....
    I was at the Stockport game, first game of the season. We were getting hammered 4-0 I think, then the reggae started and our lot were dancing on the little terrace behind the goal. The Stockport fans weren’t happy about it.

Were those the two deaf twins?

Naughty boys they were

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I was at the Stockport game, first game of the season. We were getting hammered 4-0 I think, then the reggae started and our lot were dancing on the little terrace behind the goal. The Stockport fans weren’t happy about it.
    Jason weaver ....rest in peace ......from porthcawl , used to take a ghetto blaster on the odd away trip , he liked his reggae

Yeah, it was bizzare, yet very normal in a City Fan kind of way! Think big Kevin Francis scored a hat trick that day, always used to cause us problems.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Were those the two deaf twins?

Naughty boys they were
    Not sure Sludge, they were ****ing hammering eachover, rolling around on a grave, when the plod set the dogs on them, hysterical viewing, especially when one of them had the dog in a headlock.

Not sure Sludge, they were ****ing hammering eachover, rolling around on a grave, when the plod set the dogs on them, hysterical viewing, especially when one of them had the dog in a headlock.
    These two guys were mad , identical twins , they would communicate in sign language before running to the away fencing and try to invade the pitch

Both had huge feck off hearing aids but it clearly made no difference

Josh Magennis' throw-in v Derby has to be up there.

Richard Langley trying a stepover, trod on the ball and fell over!

John Buchanan getting poleaxed by some opposition player, going straight down on his back and bouncing back up in one smooth movement!

Wayne Hughes.

Half time at Ashton Gate with City winning 0-4
    Home fans covering and I mean covering the touchline throwing their free match programs on the pitch as they left.

The local estate agents won’t ever offer a free programme again.

We won 0-6 but it was all over at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    These two guys were mad , identical twins , they would communicate in sign language before running to the away fencing and try to invade the pitch

Both had huge feck off hearing aids but it clearly made no difference
    Sludge, I just pictured that scene and pissed myself laughing. It's like a scene from Phoenix Nights.

Still chuckle at Cohen Griffiths winning a television for being motm in a Rumbelows Cup game.

Donkey ears ago at a home pre-season friendly against Portsmouth was a drunk young chap who kipped in the middle of the Bob for the whole game. People stuffed a bin bag with rubbish to place under his head as a makeshift pillow. He was forever tossing and turning while pulling an imaginary blanket over himself to get warmer.

Man City's fatty getting chucked off the grange end.

More recently, I enjoyed Rudy Gestede's first couple of games for us when he was finding his feet as a footballer. and he went chasing after a big goal kick only for it to smack him on the back of his head

I remember a home game at CCS and they had a winger, think he was called hussy? all half he was running up and down the Ninian stand in plenty of the space waving his hands for a pass that never came, eventually half the stand joined in with him.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    More recently, I enjoyed Rudy Gestede's first couple of games for us when he was finding his feet as a footballer. and he went chasing after a big goal kick only for it to smack him on the back of his head

I remember a home game at CCS and they had a winger, think he was called hussy? all half he was running up and down the Ninian stand in plenty of the space waving his hands for a pass that never came, eventually half the stand joined in with him.
    That was hilarious.

Evening game down Ninian Park, can't remember who we were playing but we were getting beat and there were unusual lights in the sky. Bob bank started chanting "Do the ayatollah aliens!"

I was just a kid then and found it absolutely hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post

Think it was against Ipswich didn't even know where the ball was and just randomly jumped

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Evening game down Ninian Park, can't remember who we were playing but we were getting beat and there were unusual lights in the sky. Bob bank started chanting "Do the ayatollah aliens!"

I was just a kid then and found it absolutely hilarious.
    Are you sure they weren’t singing “do the ayatollah everyone”?

You wouldn’t be the first to mishear a song. A poster on here once said he thought we were singing “I’ll be there, I’ll be there, with a little bit of trouble I’ll be there”

Can't remember who we played at ninian park there was some bloke mimicking the lino with a piece of white paper or something as a flag I'm sure he done it for ages

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Are you sure they weren’t singing “do the ayatollah everyone”?

You wouldn’t be the first to mishear a song. A poster on here once said he thought we were singing “I’ll be there, I’ll be there, with a little bit of trouble I’ll be there”
    Pretty sure fella. Pointing at the sky backed it up.

Reading away a few years ago when the entire away end sung "Does she take it up the arse?" to some woman who was stood up and swearing and shouting at the away end

Wright Phillips warming up as sub and had a barrage of abuse so started picking the pocket of the linesman in front of us in Block A, he'd just been accused of robbing a purse from somewhere i think

Reading hooligans coming down the street singing "we're Reading, we're Reading, we'll kick yer fecking head in". We fell about laughing at the silly tw*ts.