+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pelanty my arse

Pelanty my arse

In the Bournemouth v Saints game, the ref got it spot on. They want to be praising the ref for spotting it, it was a very convincing dive in real time.
    In slow mo he’s clearly cheated, yet Neville and Upson are saying the ref had it wrong!

Re: Pelanty my arse

I think it was a foul and a dive. Which is still a foul and still a penalty. Serves him right for diving.

I can’t see how it was a foul. If he’d got the ball it would have been a great tackle, he didn’t get the ball, but he didn’t get the player either.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I can’t see how it was a foul. If he’d got the ball it would have been a great tackle, he didn’t get the ball, but he didn’t get the player either.
    I haven't seen it since this morning, but saw plenty of replays. Looked like there was contact to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I haven't seen it since this morning, but saw plenty of replays. Looked like there was contact to me.
    2 game ban. Contact, but not enough to make him go down.

Definite pen for me. It was a rash lunge and there was contact. I think sometimes a dive is misconstrued as a player anticipating contact and readying their body to land safely. There was no way the player wasn't going to catch him.

I thought Upson was quite a decent pundit.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

In the Bournemouth v Saints game, the ref got it spot on. They want to be praising the ref for spotting it, it was a very convincing dive in real time.
    In slow mo he’s clearly cheated, yet Neville and Upson are saying the ref had it wrong!
    I agree with you.

Player deliberately drags his foot over out-stretched leg in order to make contact and then fall over. TV replays would have supported refs decision. Cannot understand why ref apologised for getting it wrong.

As soon as a defender goes to ground with an out-stretched leg an attacker is going to attempt to make contact.

Smith(?) was in the process of diving before contact was made. Probably coached in this art of cheating.

Pogba was not a red card either! Surprised Man U did not appeal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUWiNMrql9o

Slow mo shows no pen and ref was correct in booking Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUWiNMrql9o

Slow mo shows no pen and ref was correct in booking Smith.
    How the hell can you tell there's no contact from that?

The offending player launched himself forward. Clear dive.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How the hell can you tell there's no contact from that?
    Actually easier to see in real time. Will need to look again on BBC iplayer.

However Smith toe punts the ball forward (no attempt to keep control of ball) and then falls over deliberately.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    The offending player launched himself forward. Clear dive.
    I think everyone is in agreement that he dived. The point of contention is whether or not there was contact. Which would -dive or not- make it a penalty.

Blatant foul and a dive but still a foul so a Pen for me.