+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DOJ OIG Review

DOJ OIG Review

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

January 12, 2017

DOJ OIG Announces Initiation of Review

Department of Justice Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz announced today that, in response to requests from numerous Chairmen and Ranking Members of Congressional oversight committees, various organizations, and members of the public, the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) will initiate a review of allegations regarding certain actions by the Department of Justice (Department) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in advance of the 2016 election. Cognizant of the scope of the OIG’s jurisdiction under Section 8E of the Inspector General Act, the review will examine the following issues:

• Allegations that Department or FBI policies or procedures were not followed in connection with, or in actions leading up to or related to, the FBI Director’s public announcement on July 5, 2016, and the Director’s letters to Congress on October 28 and November 6, 2016, and that certain underlying investigative decisions were based on improper considerations;

• Allegations that the FBI Deputy Director should have been recused from participating in certain investigative matters;

• Allegations that the Department’s Assistant Attorney General for Legislative Affairs improperly disclosed non-public information to the Clinton campaign and/or should have been recused from participating in certain matters;

• Allegations that Department and FBI employees improperly disclosed non-public information; and

• Allegations that decisions regarding the timing of the FBI’s release of certain Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) documents on October 30 and November 1, 2016, and the use of a Twitter account to publicize same, were influenced by improper considerations.

The review will not substitute the OIG’s judgment for the judgments made by the FBI or the Department regarding the substantive merits of investigative or prosecutive decisions.

Finally, if circumstances warrant, the OIG will consider including other issues that may arise during the course of the review.
    Is the release imminent?

Re: DOJ OIG Review

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Give us a clue - is this bad for Clinton or bad for Trump ?
    The Dept of Justice OIG office has been investigating the politicization within the DOJ and FBI for 11 months and deciding if the actions, or lack of action, was driven by the political ideology of the participants therein.

The outcome of this investigation is not yet known, but will more than likely put some senior FBI/DOJ employees in a tricky position, and reveal ties to the Hillary election campaign, along with their joint effort to remove Trump at any cost.

On a scale of 1 to 10, it's probably an 11.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Thanks for the summary, should make for an interesting outcome. Is this the draining of the swamp ?

As it seems with Trumps family seemingly getting tagged with the Russian links - Trump is throwing the baby out with the bath water...
    One minute Trump is draining the swamp, and the next minute the swamp is drawing Trump, but I think it is fair to say that business people are a lot smarter than politicians.

FBI agent dismissed from Mueller probe changed Comey's description of Clinton to 'extremely careless'

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/12/04/p...mey/index.html

FBI supervisor removed from Special Counsel’s Office had interviewed Michael Flynn

https://saraacarter.com/2017/12/04/f...ael-flynn/amp/

How did Clinton and Obama ever think that they were going to get away with any of this after Trump got elected? This is an attempted coup d'etat of a sitting US president. I'm guessing they were in way too deep, and doubled down on their attempts to get Trump removed from office in order to save their own skins. The scary part is if Hillary had won we wouldn't have known about any of this, or how long this type of corrupt behaviour has been going on for.

This is a blockbuster revelation, carrying the possibility of shattering public confidence in a number of long-held assumptions about the criminal-justice system generally and the FBI and the Justice Department specifically. The Justice Department should appoint a special counsel to investigate Strzok’s actions as soon as possible.
    A special counsel needs to investigate the FBI and Justice Department. Now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...581_story.html

The revelation that Special Counsel Robert Mueller kept secret that a top FBI investigator overseeing the Russia investigation exchanged anti-Trump text messages with an FBI attorney has fueled questions about Mueller’s credibility and his ability to oversee an impartial investigation.
    Anti-Trump FBI Agent Bombshell Has The Spotlight On Mueller Now

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/04/an...n-mueller-now/

Nobody is going to come out if this with credibility .
    As if the vast majority care about such things anymore . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Nobody is going to come out if this with credibility .
    As if the vast majority care about such things anymore . .
    It's always the same names that keep popping up time and again, and they all have top positions in the FBI and DOJ, as well as having longstanding and intimate relationships with the Clintons & Obama. It just goes to show that you don't need a lot of people to run an international crime syndicate.

I can see a massive overhaul of the law coming up after this, and people everywhere should be asking how far does all of this go. Are all countries dirty like this, or is the US the only exception?

27 leakers!

Incredible happenings before the House Judiciary Committee yesterday ..

DOJ Demotes Official Over Trump Dossier Contacts

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/07/do...sier-contacts/

Wife of demoted DOJ official worked for firm behind anti-Trump dossier

She was apparently communicating with the Brishish author of the Fusion GPS Russian dossier via ham radio to avoid surveillance! Her husband, a senior DOJ official was also holding meetings with GPS. McCabe, Comey, Rosenstein and Mueller have a lot of explaining to do.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...p-dossier.html

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Wife of demoted DOJ official worked for firm behind anti-Trump dossier

She was apparently communicating with the Brishish author of the Fusion GPS Russian dossier via ham radio to avoid surveillance! Her husband, a senior DOJ official was also holding meetings with GPS. McCabe, Comey, Rosenstein and Mueller have a lot of explaining to do.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...p-dossier.html
    You know I bet those cads in the MSM will use the smokescreen of the election result in Alabama to avoid headlining with this bombshell. Who say's the walkie-talkie is dead eh!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You know I bet those cads in the MSM will use the smokescreen of the election result in Alabama to avoid headlining with this bombshell. Who say's the walkie-talkie is dead eh!
    Duputy attorney general Rosenstein who is in charge of the Russian investivation will be appearing in congress today to answer some questions. I'm sure this topic will be brought up at some point.

Duputy attorney general Rosenstein who is in charge of the Russian investivation will be appearing in congress today to answer some questions. I'm sure this topic will be brought up at some point.
    Bet he's shitting himself

Bet he's shitting himself
    The mountain of evidence is mounting. Gowdy and Jordan didn't hold back, and Rosenstein's only defense today was to advise everybody to wait for the OIG report.

The Dept of Justice OIG office has been investigating the politicization within the DOJ and FBI for 11 months and deciding if the actions, or lack of action, was driven by the political ideology of the participants therein.

The outcome of this investigation is not yet known, but will more than likely put some senior FBI/DOJ employees in a tricky position, and reveal ties to the Hillary election campaign, along with their joint effort to remove Trump at any cost.

On a scale of 1 to 10, it's probably an 11.
    an 11 you say

an 11 you say
    There was plenty of meat in the IG report, but as an Obama appointee the IG didn't shout too loudly about it. All of the wrongdoing has been highlighted, so it just needs a prosecutor to step in and take over. John Durham perhaps?

There was plenty of meat in the IG report, but as an Obama appointee the IG didn't shout too loudly about it. All of the wrongdoing has been highlighted, so it just needs a prosecutor to step in and take over. John Durham perhaps?
    Obama appointed ffs! Still we are only seeing the early moves I guess. When will Barr and his poodle produce their report or have they not booked a room in one of Trump's hotels for the press conference yet??

Obama appointed ffs! Still we are only seeing the early moves I guess. When will Barr and his poodle produce their report or have they not booked a room in one of Trump's hotels for the press conference yet??
    Cyril, you could have read the IG report for yourself, but instead you came straight on here to spread more disinformation. Why you do it I don't know, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt, and let's just say you are not as clever as you think you are. If you had read the report you would know that Steele didn't write the dossier. The information came from a sub-source who described it as unverified bar talk, yet the FBI lied about this and sad it was vetified when they applied for a FISA warrant on Carter Page. Furthermore, the CIA sent an email saying Page was a source of theirs, and then somebody in the FBI changed the email to say that he wasn't. Now riddle me this, was Mifsud a Russian asset or was he connected to western intelligence? This is important because the entire predicate for Crossfire Hurricane hinges on the answer to this question. As you know Durham disputes Horowitz's findings, who is pinning it all on the encounter between Mifsud and Papadopoulos.

I'd love to contribute but its gone way beyond me now .

Do you remember those idiot guides books ? I wish we had one to hand on this subject matter as its becoming so complex one cant see the wood from the trees.

Jumping in with blind comments because you simply hate Trump is futile .

If he doesnt get impeached I can see a big voter backlash against the Democrats, which might last for decades.

Wales Bales well done for your commitment to revealing all sides of the argument I am awe of your understanding and persistence of this process.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Do you remember those idiot guides books ? I wish we had one to hand on this subject matter as its becoming so complex one cant see the wood from the trees.

If he doesnt get impeached I can see a big voter backlash against the Democrats, which might last for decades.

Wales Bales well done for your commitment to revealing all sides of the argument I am awe of your understanding and persistence of this process.
    He is getting impeached.

All sides?

It's all very simple, as it's now confirmed that the Steele dossier was nothing more than 3rd & 4th hand bar room gossip, and everything that was based on it has now collapsed. What happens next is up to Barr & Durham, and it will be interesting to see who does and who doesn't get caught in their net.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    He is getting impeached.
    Funnily enough, fellow Squad member WalesBales also got confused with impeachment and removal from office in his reply to you in the Trump thread.