Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
I know you desperately want that to be true, but it just isn’t.

Ten years ago, without a red shirt in sight, we were averaging 15,000, less than this season. In fact you have to go back to the early 70’s before average attendences were where they are now. This is a fact.

Attendances only started going up when it looked like city might be going up.
They went down again when we went down again.

The figures just don’t support your assertion I’m afraid. It really is that simple.

I would argue that we’ve lost about 7,000 glory hunters who appeared in our championship winning season, with any who stayed being cancelled out by boycotters.

Mate of mine who is a long term fan that boycotted is getting a half season ticket.

The club is doing everything that it can to encourage new, and old, fans to come to games. If those fans still don’t want to, then, with regret, that’s their loss.
We have always had the " big game charlies " and " glory hunters ", every team has them

Which means if / when we get back to the Prem league, they will come flooding back, I am afraid that we have seen the Championship now for so long, it holds no glamour for the BGC's and GH's, so they simple do not attend

Some of the boycotters will move on and find something else to do ( some will post on a message board dedicated to Cardiff city football club, a strange one that ) or they will decide, enough is enough and pop down the CCS and see what it is like now

as we are seeing with the Jacks, the money from the fans is fairly small fry compared to the riches of the EPL, We know that the ground will be packed full if we get back to the EPL, fickle fans eh `