+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some of the things the club are doing to boost crowds

Some of the things the club are doing to boost crowds

Cheap season tickets
    Cheap half season tickets
    Half price tickets for the Hull home game. Cheapest being £7.50 for an adult £2.50 for a kid.
    YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A SEASON TICKET HOLDER TO GET THIS DEAL

Half price Golden Membership after Xmas (gets you £2 off every home ticket you buy). Gives you access to away tickets as well.
    This is £20 adults, £10 kids.
    After the Fulham game it's £10 adults and £5 kids.

We can't say the club aren't trying.

Apparently sales have been decent for Hull and Fulham, so hopefully we will get reasonable crowds for that.

For Hull there is a Family ticket- 2 adults, 2 kids for £18

Get the message out.

Even for someone who only wants to see top level football a half season ticket isn't a big gamble, with the chance of priority should we go up

Re: Some of the things the club are doing to boost crowds

I agree club is doing everything on and off the field right. It is difficult to know why crowds have remained poor. Perhaps now the egg is out of the way for a couple of months, things will look up.

If they cannot get over 22009 then we do not deserve to have a team in the top two of the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    If they cannot get over 22009 then we do not deserve to have a team in the top two of the Championship
    Is that the old Ninian Park capacity?

Bit pissed off to have missed the date that Fulham and PNE went on sale... When were the Xmas period tickets released?

fair play to the club, as you said, they are doing everything they can

If these deals do not entice the people back, they just are simple not city fans and deserve nothing

Vinny will be in attendance for the Hull game. He always turns up when there's cheap tickets on offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Bit pissed off to have missed the date that Fulham and PNE went on sale... When were the Xmas period tickets released?
    Don't know, but there's plenty left, so you won't miss out 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Don't know, but there's plenty left, so you won't miss out 
    I was looking to buy seats around mine for both games - both of which appear to have been sold now weirdly as they are never usually sold...

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    fair play to the club, as you said, they are doing everything they can

If these deals do not entice the people back, they just are simple not city fans and deserve nothing
    Agreed.

Short of picking the feckers up, driving them to the ground and giving them free beer, there’s nothing the club can do.

The team are doing well, we really can be the twelfth man.

The players are running through walls for us, yet a lot of fans can’t be arsed to walk across the rec.

It’s like something out of a David attenburgh documentary - the lesser spotted Cardiff city fan, most of the time, invisible to the naked eye. You can sometimes tempt them out of hibernation with a cheap hull ticket. But once every few years something remarkable happens. The planets align and with the prospect of a trip to Wembley thousands of these fans, known by their Latin name of gloryhuntus plasticus will clamour all over each other to make the trip before disappearing again into their holes, not to be seen again until the next time.

I'm looking to get 2 half season tickets this week or next in the family stand. Looking at the games it's worth my money as I'll only miss the one tues night game.

I believe a big part of the problem is ignorance. I’ve said before on here that, on many occasions, I have been met with genuine surprise when I’ve told people that my season ticket works out at £13 a game and the kids one at just over £2 a game. As far as prices and deals go the club are really trying, but the only place I’ve ever seen it advertised outside of the stadium is on Facebook.

I think what would help is a blanket awareness campaign across the City. Radio adverts, Flyers, billboards, buses, trains, posters in pubs and shops, City players visiting schools and turning up at kids football training / matches etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Agreed.

Short of picking the feckers up, driving them to the ground and giving them free beer, there’s nothing the club can do.

The team are doing well, we really can be the twelfth man.

The players are running through walls for us, yet a lot of fans can’t be arsed to walk across the rec.

It’s like something out of a David attenburgh documentary - the lesser spotted Cardiff city fan, most of the time, invisible to the naked eye. You can sometimes tempt them out of hibernation with a cheap hull ticket. But once every few years something remarkable happens. The planets align and with the prospect of a trip to Wembley thousands of these fans, known by their Latin name of gloryhuntus plasticus will clamour all over each other to make the trip before disappearing again into their holes, not to be seen again until the next time.
    It's a shame that the gloryhuntus plasticus did not breed in sufficient numbers to replace the principalus boycotterus. Isn't it a pity that the easilyus replacedus were named incorrectly and are now known as the wemissus themus terribulus.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I agree club is doing everything on and off the field right. It is difficult to know why crowds have remained poor. Perhaps now the egg is out of the way for a couple of months, things will look up.
    Tan told his customers that he could live with 25% of them not showing up, and about 40% took him at his word.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Come on , he f ucked up, he knows it, he's changed, man up and do the same.

So far this year I have brought 12 new people to the stadium , and they have all been back on a
    regular basis.
    The problem the club has is that regular 'customers' need to make the 'customer experience' , they go for somewhere to eat first, they walk to the ground together, they meet friends there , they get behind the team and they share in the wins and defeats.

That takes time to get back, we are halfway through a seemingly successful season, if the ultimate goal happens, then getting the big crowds back wont be a problem
    Man up? Feedy, you've been fraternising with the plebs for too long. He f ucked up, then used his mummy as an excuse. If that's manning up, I'll stick to being a childish tw@t if it's ok with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Tan told his customers that he could live with 25% of them not showing up, and about 40% took him at his word.
    I know you desperately want that to be true, but it just isn’t.

Ten years ago, without a red shirt in sight, we were averaging 15,000, less than this season. In fact you have to go back to the early 70’s before average attendences were where they are now. This is a fact.

Attendances only started going up when it looked like city might be going up.
    They went down again when we went down again.

The figures just don’t support your assertion I’m afraid. It really is that simple.

I would argue that we’ve lost about 7,000 glory hunters who appeared in our championship winning season, with any who stayed being cancelled out by boycotters.

Mate of mine who is a long term fan that boycotted is getting a half season ticket.

The club is doing everything that it can to encourage new, and old, fans to come to games. If those fans still don’t want to, then, with regret, that’s their loss.

We had more support when we went up in red so no one can use the rebrand as an excuse

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    We had more support when we went up in red so no one can use the rebrand as an excuse
    Exactly, if people are not attending as a matter of principle because of the rebrand, then the huge majority of them are doing it retrospectively and I would guess that these virtuous souls came to their decision some time around our relegation from the Premier League - no two ways about it, our crowds are poor this season and our manager passed comment on it last week in his meeting with supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Maybe this is the case.
    Living in Cardiff I often think that apart from those who are going anyway, most people would be un aware of a game even going on. There are tens of thousands of people walking through the city centre every day and nowhere advertising Cardiff City or selling tickets? Surely a small booth or outlet in another store etc would cost that much to run. Always think we are missing a trick in getting our very lazy fan base to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    You can if you take away the Gloria’s, of which, we have more than any other place in the uk

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I know you desperately want that to be true, but it just isn’t.

Ten years ago, without a red shirt in sight, we were averaging 15,000, less than this season. In fact you have to go back to the early 70’s before average attendences were where they are now. This is a fact.

Attendances only started going up when it looked like city might be going up.
    They went down again when we went down again.

The figures just don’t support your assertion I’m afraid. It really is that simple.

I would argue that we’ve lost about 7,000 glory hunters who appeared in our championship winning season, with any who stayed being cancelled out by boycotters.

Mate of mine who is a long term fan that boycotted is getting a half season ticket.

The club is doing everything that it can to encourage new, and old, fans to come to games. If those fans still don’t want to, then, with regret, that’s their loss.
    He said it when crowds were 26000. Crowds are now 16000. Let's not change the chronology of events - if he'd said it when crowds were 15000 fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Maybe this is the case.
    Living in Cardiff I often think that apart from those who are going anyway, most people would be un aware of a game even going on. There are tens of thousands of people walking through the city centre every day and nowhere advertising Cardiff City or selling tickets? Surely a small booth or outlet in another store etc would cost that much to run. Always think we are missing a trick in getting our very lazy fan base to come.....
    We used to say the same in the 90s and 00s. I'm staggered the club have only ever given lip service to such schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Maybe this is the case.
    Some good awareness raising ideas you floated there. Several people wearing sandwich boards or holding banners high in the air advertising in the busy shopping streets would be worth a try. Another is having a couple of cars fitted with tannoys whizzing round the capital in the days preceding home games as political candidates do before elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I believe a big part of the problem is ignorance. I’ve said before on here that, on many occasions, I have been met with genuine surprise when I’ve told people that my season ticket works out at £13 a game and the kids one at just over £2 a game. As far as prices and deals go the club are really trying, but the only place I’ve ever seen it advertised outside of the stadium is on Facebook.

I think what would help is a blanket awareness campaign across the City. Radio adverts, Flyers, billboards, buses, trains, posters in pubs and shops, City players visiting schools and turning up at kids football training / matches etc etc

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    👍