+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #prayforlily

#prayforlily

Re: #prayforlily

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Soppy jellyhead

The row has seen the singer accused of 'profiteering' by renting out the property to wealthy foreigners instead of taking in refugees as she had previously pledged.
    I do hate this bollocks though, just because someone wouldn't let a refugee live in their property doesn't mean they can't be sympathetic.

The tweet wasn't even that bad either tbh, she could use some common sense when it comes to this sort of stuff though.

Crazy how the right wing media have it in for any celebrity who dares to be slightly left wing these days though. Gary linekar and David baddiel seem to get in the sun or the mail for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I do hate this bollocks though, just because someone wouldn't let a refugee live in their property doesn't mean they can't be sympathetic.

The tweet wasn't even that bad either tbh, she could use some common sense when it comes to this sort of stuff though.

Crazy how the right wing media have it in for any celebrity who dares to be slightly left wing these days though. Gary linekar and David baddiel seem to get in the sun or the mail for anything.
    She said she would let a refugee live in her property when she took it upon herself to apologise to refugees on behalf of Britain.

Then she's a ****ing berk then if she said that

Apparently this is what she said

In response to a tweet asking: “How many refugees has millionaire Lily Allen taken into her home please? Asking for a friend,” one fan stepped forward to claim: “Actually 3 weeks ago she offered to house my (homeless) friend who had fled a dangerous situation in her home country.”

Actions speak louder than words

How cute. A fan of Allen's just so happened to have a friend who was a homeless refugee; Allen having offered to house them.

I mean, what are the odds of such a crazy group of circumstances happening eh? Has to be millions to one. Of course, it's got the nebulous "offered" phrase rather than "housed them".

It's a get out clause, like Sludge complaining he's got a stitch whilst romancing some wench he's met who he's realised wasn't worthy of the Sludge attention.

TL;DR like hell Allen offered to house a friend of a fan.

But then again, her ol' man is Keith 'around the back' Allen, the football traitor.

a: she's probably suffered quite enough
    b: all considered she probably turned out OK ..
    c: she seems a bit like her ol' man :rolleyes:

Absolutely, there's no proof to whether this person actually stayed there from what I can see.

But the mail taking her tweet out of context to me is what's wrong with the media in this country at the moment. What's worse is everyone is lapping it up.

Absolutely, there's no proof to whether this person actually stayed there from what I can see.

But the mail taking her tweet out of context to me is what's wrong with the media in this country at the moment. What's worse is everyone is lapping it up.
    Except they didn’t take anything out of context because she actually said it on tv 🙄

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-37633937/lily-allen-i-would-take-in-a-refugee

She can come and stay with me for free, I'd give her one up the rear end

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    "incurred the wrath of fans" seems to be a staple of this kind of story.

translation = generated some faux outrage from internet twats which we've trawled through and found for you below

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    "incurred the wrath of fans" seems to be a staple of this kind of story.

translation = generated some faux outrage from internet twats which we've trawled through and found for you below
    Fans in faux outrage at the queen of faux outrage. There’s some irony in there somewhere.

The irony is JR that you're the one who's always getting faux outraged at inconsequential things like this.

Lilly Allen may have been a hypocrite but id bet her outrage wasn't faux outrage and at least is was about something worth being pissed off about.

The irony is JR that you're the one who's always getting faux outraged at inconsequential things like this.

Lilly Allen may have been a hypocrite but id bet her outrage wasn't faux outrage and at least is was about something worth being pissed off about.
    I did wonder in a recent thread how there's any homeless when 33 million people in England and Wales self-identified as Christians (source: 2011 Census). Priests and vicars should be leading their flocks to set an example by taking them into their own homes. On second thoughts, exclude kids.

Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Grow up.
    Poach off

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I did wonder in a recent thread how there's any homeless when 33 million people in England and Wales self-identified as Christians (source: 2011 Census). Priests and vicars should be leading their flocks to set an example by taking them into their own homes. On second thoughts, exclude kids.
    Like those "mega churches" in America that refused to take people in during the hurricanes.

Ah bless, Lily Blue coming to the defence of Lily herself. How sweet.

The man who had to take a break from a messageboard because he was so wound up calling anyone else out on faux outrage is priceless in fairness.

Thats without taking into account you crying about that other board being set up earlier. Now that is the definition of faux outrage

The man who had to take a break from a messageboard because he was so wound up calling anyone else out on faux outrage is priceless in fairness.

Thats without taking into account you crying about that other board being set up earlier. Now that is the definition of faux outrage
    Go back to the start of the thread Lily. I’m laughing whilst you are getting outraged about the Daily Mail and “all what’s wrong with the country”

Trying to defend her and getting things wrong. Again.

And if you seriously think I was crying about the other board being set up then you have been seriously wooshed today along with Lecter

I was posting on there way before you and lecher showed up.

"Stop making fun of Mike on your board!" Youre lucky that thread was deleted.

I'm not getting outraged, your problem is you think anyone trying to look at other view points or who doesn't have the same constantly outraged outlook you do is getting wound up. Normal people discuss things without feeling the need to run off and calm down for a few weeks.

"Stop making fun of Mike on your board!" Youre lucky that thread was deleted.

I'm not getting outraged, your problem is you think anyone trying to look at other view points or who doesn't have the same constantly outraged outlook you do is getting wound up. Normal people discuss things without feeling the need to run off and calm down for a few weeks.
    Or telling people to **** off ****

As for earlier surely a wind up merchant like yourself knows when someone’s being a wind up merchant?

I decided to go against the pale, it worked.

Night pal 😘