+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: KING CRIMSON IN CARDIFF ON OCTOBER 31st 2018

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: KING CRIMSON IN CARDIFF ON OCTOBER 31st 2018

I think that KC were third in prog behind Yes and ELP personally but what do I know ?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    I think that KC were third in prog behind Yes and ELP personally but what do I know ?
    ELP ere great but remember Greg Lake was part of King Crimson BEFORE ELP were formed..

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    ELP ere great but remember Greg Lake was part of King Crimson BEFORE ELP were formed..
    Yes and Emerson was part of Nice who were pretty nifty too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    ELP were formed after Greg Lake left King Crimson following Crim's first American tour (Oct-Dec 1969). I saw Yes in Cardiff (1970's) and enjoyed the concert but I don't think they are in the same league as Crim. Personally I dont feel that their style has moved on one iota since the late 60's, surely a contradiction if they are being viewed as progressive. Now there are two splinter groups vying for the Yes name. Crim have always been in front of the music scene in my view in my humble opinion and gave birth to the term progressive rock > Prog Rock, superceding the former underground music.

StT
    <><