+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever not paid for a meal

Re: Ever not paid for a meal

Twice ( well 3 times actually, but once the boss tore up the bill )

Once In Corfu, had a argument over the amount of drinks he had put on the bill, it was a shedload of beers, i know we were 6 blokes on holiday and had a good drink, but they took the pee and we worked out we had had a few less than on the bill, told the guy to do one
    later that night ( well after the club closed in the town, the only club, so it was fairly easy to find us ) we were met by 20 locals all tooled up with baseball bats, 3 of us ran of leaving me and the other 2 behind to face the music, needless to say, a mass brawl took place and the police arrived, we spent the night in the cells, needless to say, still didnt pay the bill

another time in gourmet place, the food took so long to come out, it was over 1 hour, we got bored and were about the leave, some of the food came out, some didnt, so we had a snack and left

3rd was in the US, service was terrible, complained to the manager who tore up the bill and said " eat what you like on us ", we did, he even brought over a few cocktails, we returned in a few nights and he remembered us, made such a fuss of us, we were treated like royalty

Ordered a takeaway curry once, after an hour I rang to chase them up, told they were just leaving, another hour passed by, no curry. Rang them back to say forget it and went to bed. Another hour later, I hear a knock on the door and there’s this bloke with my curry, told him I’d gone to bed and I didn’t want it so he let me have it for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Ordered a takeaway curry once, after an hour I rang to chase them up, told they were just leaving, another hour passed by, no curry. Rang them back to say forget it and went to bed. Another hour later, I hear a knock on the door and there’s this bloke with my curry, told him I’d gone to bed and I didn’t want it so he let me have it for nothing.
    Did you eat it?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

i know we were 6 blokes on holiday and had a good drink, but they took the pee and we worked out we had had a few less than on the bill,

They should have just kept a tab, save getting their hands wet. Continentals eh...

In my younger days a bunch of us did a runner from a restaurant in Malta whilst on a college trip when we realised we didn't have anywhere near enough cash to pay the bill. The waiters chased us across the beach.

We got away but they came across a group of innocent classmates out sightseeing and made them pay.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Did you eat it?
    Too fooking right, I was bastard starving.

When the plastic bag charges first come in I stole my lunch from Asda or Tesco every week day for about 2 years.

I once walked out of Tesco with a trolley full of food.

Got caught nicking a 3 quid meal deal one day though and got banned from Tesco for 3 months.

8 of us went for a meal in a portugese place. Food took over an hour but drinks were flowing so didn’t kick up too much of a fuss. When we did eventually get our food they forgot my mates missus food and said it would be another 45 minutes!!

My mate kicked off with the manager and the manager was so flustered he just agreed to wipe the bill. Over 300 quid. The food was fantastic and we felt pretty bad as it was a new place so left them 120 quid to cover the drinks.

When the plastic bag charges first come in I stole my lunch from Asda or Tesco every week day for about 2 years.

I once walked out of Tesco with a trolley full of food.

Got caught nicking a 3 quid meal deal one day though and got banned from Tesco for 3 months.

I went out of ASDA with a leg of lamb once and the security guard shouted

Oih what you doing with that?

Roast potatoes and carrots I replied you nosy bastard

First Team

Funnily enough only last week.
    Went for a curry with the relations and had to wait over an hour for it to arrive.
    When it turned up it looked like a korma despite me having ordered a jalfrazi. It tasted of nothing so I complained and the manager turned up and tried to make me feel the one in the wrong. I was quite calm about the whole thing but explained that I was not prepared to eat the meal as it was and therefore was not going to pay. He stated that he was going to call the police and I said that I was quite happy for that to happen and they could taste it and make a decision on whether what was served up was acceptable. He then asked us all to leave , which was a bit of a result as the other three had finished theirs and we had had a few beers as well. All in all a very cheap night but I was starving so had to make do with toast when I got home.

Tried to do.a runner from wood st curry house (the Agrabad i thinknit was called) late 70's early 80's.
    I couldn't suss the lock which had to be turned through 540 degrees and got collared.
    I tongue in cheek offered to do the washing up as i was skint.
    They felt sorry for me and let me go, felt really bad.
    Went back in a week later and paid up.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I went out of ASDA with a leg of lamb once and the security guard shouted

Oih what you doing with that?

Roast potatoes and carrots I replied you nosy bastard

Two of us did a runner from a curry house on city road, we had about 80p between us. I was first to the door and discovered a two door system where you had to open the first and then shut it to be able to open the second, so when I shut the first door I shut it in my mates face. This made me piss myself laughing as I legged it up the street, I laughed even more when I looked back and saw my 6ft6in mate sprinting away with a little indian waiter hanging off his neck. I had to stop running because I was laughing so much and then spewed my meal all over the other waiter who had caught me up.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Two of us did a runner from a curry house on city road, we had about 80p between us. I was first to the door and discovered a two door system where you had to open the first and then shut it to be able to open the second, so when I shut the first door I shut it in my mates face. This made me piss myself laughing as I legged it up the street, I laughed even more when I looked back and saw my 6ft6in mate sprinting away with a little indian waiter hanging off his neck. I had to stop running because I was laughing so much and then spewed my meal all over the other waiter who had caught me up.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    There's 2 Chinese local to me who know not to piss me about because I've got form for opening the door and taking the food and not paying. Tell them on the phone I'm going to do it before they arrive. I've had some take 2 hours others well over an hour..

They hesitate to take my order now but always do, and it's always nice and hot. In return I'm nice and polite and always tip. If i order in store I'll give a tip too...so to answer I don't know how many I've had.
    Can also dispute a dominoes on PayPal so I've heard..cost of the ingredients is not worth arguing back over so they let it go.

I've paid for meals I haven't eaten. Rested my head on the table in The Taurus half way through a steak at 4 am and woken up to No mates and all the bill. Also a charming little after hours place in spllottt just down from the snooker club but not as far as The Wallich. You had to buy food to get a late drink. Ordered a bowl of peas and didn't eat a one.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I've paid for meals I haven't eaten. Rested my head on the table in The Taurus half way through a steak at 4 am and woken up to No mates and all the bill. Also a charming little after hours place in spllottt just down from the snooker club but not as far as The Wallich. You had to buy food to get a late drink. Ordered a bowl of peas and didn't eat a one.
    Went in Taurus once with blood all down my top and I hadn't noticed being so drunk. Got into a bit of a tear up and the odds were stacked well against me and my mate..walked in there on my own to get off the streets and people just looked at me odd. Did a nice steak.

A bowl of peas?!?

A bowl of peas?!?
    Did he have butter though?

In all fairness probably the cheapest thing to order..worth it for a beer.

A bowl of peas?!?
    A suggestion of the house. 'What's the cheapest you got mate that means I can swig a pint?' They wanted grub on the tables in case enforcement officers came by, plus the food there was sh.t n they couldn't be bothered to nock anything up either. Bowls of chips were also available but peas seemed the done thing at the time.

A suggestion of the house. 'What's the cheapest you got mate that means I can swig a pint?' They wanted grub on the tables in case enforcement officers came by, plus the food there was sh.t n they couldn't be bothered to nock anything up either. Bowls of chips were also available but peas seemed the done thing at the time.
    used to be a snooker club down city road ( or that area ) who used to sell a few cans with food, so used to order a bowl of chips each, then you could order 4 cans on red strip larger, the joke was on you though as it was something like a fiver a can ( back when it used to be a quid a pint ) still used to be packed after the clubs had shut ( this was before all night clubs etc )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    used to be a snooker club down city road ( or that area ) who used to sell a few cans with food, so used to order a bowl of chips each, then you could order 4 cans on red strip larger, the joke was on you though as it was something like a fiver a can ( back when it used to be a quid a pint ) still used to be packed after the clubs had shut ( this was before all night clubs etc )
    The blues in the docks. Different places from tim to time. 2 bar a can of red stripe. More or less some feckrs front room. No grub there but a good laugh. Interesting walk past Loudon Square when the sun was coming up free of charge. Loved old Catdiff.

The answer for me is no, unless that old restaurant on Caroline Street that's name escapes me at the moment counts - don't think it should though because doing a runner was compulsory in there.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Years ago, I was with my wife and two daughters in a "gastropub", and I use the term very generously indeed.
    We all ordered together, but after ages (it wasn't particularly busy) they brought out my daughters' meals, and apologised for not having any clean cutlery! What were they supposed to do? - just watch their meals go cold?
    Some time later, they brought ours out with cutlery, but I had already asked for the mgr.
    The waitress tried to fob us off with an offer of a free dessert, but I was fuming so demanded to see the boss.
    When he came, I told him what I thought of the lack of service, eventually he saw my point and waived the entire bill, plus drinks whilst we were eating.
    He also gave us a voucher for another free meal and drinks -he served us himself next time.
    So that's twice (though the first one was crap)
    Sounds more like a gastro-entiritis pub

In the seventies The Bowl Of Curry top end of Rumney hill,about six of us decided to do a runner and if anybody got caught we would stand and fight.I got caught stood my ground just to see all my mates sprinting to LLanrumney i got well and truely battered.