+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever not paid for a meal

Ever not paid for a meal

It weren't a meal exactly. A breakfast in a cafe. I got a certain way of eating a breakfast which means I leave the sausage. Bacon n eggs till last.. I spoon the tomatoes mushrooms n beans overt toast set about them whilst they are still warm n think about the high value items still to come. The sausages were frozen inside n the bacon was flabby but hidden by the eggs which were crap n all. Even though I had eaten half I never paid. They wouldn't except half bat saying I should have informed them earlier. They don't believe my system either. So walked out not paying. First time ever. Feel bad now.

Re: Ever not paid for a meal

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    It weren't a meal exactly. A breakfast in a cafe. I got a certain way of eating a breakfast which means I leave the sausage. Bacon n eggs till last.. I spoon the tomatoes mushrooms n beans overt toast set about them whilst they are still warm n think about the high value items still to come. The sausages were frozen inside n the bacon was flabby but hidden by the eggs which were crap n all. Even though I had eaten half I never paid. They wouldn't except half bat saying I should have informed them earlier. They don't believe my system either. So walked out not paying. First time ever. Feel bad now.
    Bloody cheap skate!

I keep a text file on all posters. joecity's moniker now appears amongst a list titled Well Dodgy.

You had frozen sausages and they wanted you to pay? Where was this Cafe?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I keep a text file on all posters. joecity's moniker now appears amongst a list titled Well Dodgy.
    Nothing more dodgy than keeping files on people on the internet. DODGY.

I was kidding, you daft old fecker.

Years ago, I was with my wife and two daughters in a "gastropub", and I use the term very generously indeed.
    We all ordered together, but after ages (it wasn't particularly busy) they brought out my daughters' meals, and apologised for not having any clean cutlery! What were they supposed to do? - just watch their meals go cold?
    Some time later, they brought ours out with cutlery, but I had already asked for the mgr.
    The waitress tried to fob us off with an offer of a free dessert, but I was fuming so demanded to see the boss.
    When he came, I told him what I thought of the lack of service, eventually he saw my point and waived the entire bill, plus drinks whilst we were eating.
    He also gave us a voucher for another free meal and drinks -he served us himself next time.
    So that's twice (though the first one was crap)

Me n all.. I strugllle with spelling n emotionalis or whatever they called.

My mate is really thick.
    He once went into a take-away, paid for a meal and sneaked out without waiting for it.

Birds in profile pics are the future.

The night jock stein died me and my mate did a runner from the Eurasian in cowbridge road but my mate pushed the table against in his rush to get out and pinned me to the wall so got a head start on me. I legged it to my house around the corner and he was hiding 3 doors up and when I asked why he said he thought if they had caught me and came to the house they wouldn't think of looking elsewhere - nice to have supportive mates!!

I've cancelled my order after waiting an hour at my table for the food to be served. Just lost my appetite after waiting so long. Others waited another 20 mins and theirs arrived so I sat there drinking whilst watching them eat.

I wouldn't blame any body for not believing a word I say but I went on a date with a bird to the Shari Noor Indian in Barry n her tooth fell out when she was eating a curry. She put it in the pilau rice n said I'm not paying for that. It's got a tooth in it. I put a tenner on the table n left. I looked through the window n she was dipping her nan in the mint sauce. Fat cow.

I feel super bad now you think I was being horrible. Sorry mate.

I wouldn't blame any body for not believing a word I say but I went on a date with a bird to the Shari Noor Indian in Barry n her tooth fell out when she was eating a curry. She put it in the pilau rice n said I'm not paying for that. It's got a tooth in it. I put a tenner on the table n left. I looked through the window n she was dipping her nan in the mint sauce. Fat cow.
    I bet her Nan was none too pleased either.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    You had frozen sausages and they wanted you to pay? Where was this Cafe?
    Talbot Green. Worst thing is my misses has copied the recipe.

All you can eat chinese buffet in Rhondda. It was awful. Table of 5, I offered around 50% which I thought was far. They went nuts and threatened to call the Police. Stuck to my guns. I didnt feel awful, they were lucky to get that

Got caught doing a runner once in Harlesden, NW London. As we ran out from the restaurant (curry house - natch) A cop van happened to be driving past. We all gave fake names and one of us (not me) wrote a check for the meal.

Talbot Green. Worst thing is my misses has copied the recipe.
    I don't think I can cope with you today

I once took bread and wine and wasn't asked to pay , strangly the chap blessed then me and I didnt even tip

Yeah I was a free-dinners kid all through school.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Yeah I was a free-dinners kid all through school.
    Used to sell my dinner tickets to the fat lads in school. Buy single fags from the shop. Some of the dafter ones would give you the paste sandwich they was packing n all. Never the penguin though.

Used to sell my dinner tickets to the fat lads in school. Buy single fags from the shop. Some of the dafter ones would give you the paste sandwich they was packing n all. Never the penguin though.
    Lambert were 2 quid when I was in school.

Used to buy a pack of 10 well for 5er minimum..buy a dinner ticket with the remaining 1.50 so I wouldn't starve and I'd keep the proceeds in a box under my bed.
    Made a small fortune..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Lambert were 2 quid when I was in school.

Used to buy a pack of 10 well for 5er minimum..buy a dinner ticket with the remaining 1.50 so I wouldn't starve and I'd keep the proceeds in a box under my bed.
    Made a small fortune..
    I used to have £2 a day for school bought 10 Richmond superkings for a whopping £1.30 sold 6/7 for 50p each the desperate ones was a £1 free fags and dinner change for dope