+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ever not paid for a meal

Re: Ever not paid for a meal

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    In the seventies The Bowl Of Curry top end of Rumney hill,about six of us decided to do a runner and if anybody got caught we would stand and fight.I got caught stood my ground just to see all my mates sprinting to LLanrumney i got well and truely battered.
    Wearing high heals was you.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The answer for me is no, unless that old restaurant on Caroline Street that's name escapes me at the moment counts - don't think it should though because doing a runner was compulsory in there.
    El Greco's ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    El Greco's ?
    That's the one .

I've paid more than once for the same meal before now. As a young man on last night of holuday meal with my girlfriend in Rhodes I ate a bowl of prawn cocktail for my starter then ate the mussels off her seafood platter to act hard and supplement my steak which is nothing at all like a steak over here. The bus picked us up the next morning and took us to the airport.

No bogs on the bus so I sat there sweating. Spent all the time in the airport in the tiny stinky bog. tracing paper bog roll not up to the job. Before getting on the plane and getting into another smaller moving bog. People trying to open the lock and the stewardess knocking every 15 mins to ask me whatI I was doing. Followed through in my misses car on the drive home n spent 2 days in bed. We are not together anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I've paid more than once for the same meal before now. As a young man on last night of holuday meal with my girlfriend in Rhodes I ate a bowl of prawn cocktail for my starter then ate the mussels off her seafood platter to act hard and supplement my steak which is nothing at all like a steak over here. The bus picked us up the next morning and took us to the airport.

No bogs on the bus so I sat there sweating. Spent all the time in the airport in the tiny stinky bog. tracing paper bog roll not up to the job. Before getting on the plane and getting into another smaller moving bog. People trying to open the lock and the stewardess knocking every 15 mins to ask me whatI I was doing. Followed through in my misses car on the drive home n spent 2 days in bed. We are not together anymore.

What a beautiful romantic story

i love reading these threads, especially when your board senseless in debenhams with the misses, where i am now.
    perfect for whiliing away the time.
    keep it up

A friend of mine works for a data company at football matches part-time and he sits in the press area.

He's now arranged with somebody there to take his missus for a freebie meal in the media centre. She's not a football fan or anything, it's just a way of taking her for a meal for free. Surrounded by journalists on their laptops. He reckons she'll love it.

Popped in the local Chinese takeaway and ordered a spring roll, carton of curry and a bag of chips. After waiting about 5 mins one of the other girls from behind the counter called me and put my food on the counter. I looked at the bag and thought it was a bit big for what I had ordered, perhaps they'd put some free prawn crackers in there. Picked the bag up off the counter and it nearly ripped my arm out of its socket. They'd given me someone else's order. Walked calmly out the door, past the window and then legged it all the way home.
    When I got home I was like a kid on Christmas day opening his presents. There must have been about £30 worth of grub in the bag. Best £3.80 I ever spent, lasted me three days.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Wearing high heals was you.
    Only on Saturdays

A few of us went or a late curry one Saturday at a curry house in Barry.Towards the end of the meal one of our crowd came up with the hairbrained idea of licking his plate clean and then denying he had ever been served the meal.When the waiter came to clear the plates,he ploughed on with his stupid ruse,but the waiter was having none of it.It quickly escalated from a heated exchange of words to all the waiters and kitchen staff coming out mob handed.We managed to get the lad out of there whilst saying we wanted to pay for the food,but they closed the door behind us.Now,at this point,he should have boxed clever and thought “I haven’t paid,brilliant!”,but for some reason he had taken offence to the staff trying to kick his head in,and proceeded to get the metal inner from a bin in the street and threw it through the door window.At this point we all scattered and went home.I caught up with him weeks later, and it transpired he had run, hid in a garden from the police and fallen asleep in his inebriated state. Unfortunately for him, the homeowner had seen him and alerted the police.He was arrested and thrown in the cells overnight.Never been for a meal with him since!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    In the seventies The Bowl Of Curry top end of Rumney hill,about six of us decided to do a runner and if anybody got caught we would stand and fight.I got caught stood my ground just to see all my mates sprinting to LLanrumney i got well and truely battered.
    Sure it wasn't a fish 'n' chip shop?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Sure it wasn't a fish 'n' chip shop?

I remember when sizzling skillets were all the rage n they used to do em hot as fek so you would have to pick your steak up n put it on your chips if you wanted it to stay medium rare.

We were discussing this tactic n wether to order it rare n let I sizzle or order it correctly n pick it up n put it on the chips.

One lad who was with us was having none of it. He sarcastically asked for the mixed grill on a hot as fek sizzler cause he could lift the chop off, get his stake right n the sausage didn't matter. The waitress thought he was taking the piss and brought it out hot as fek. Smoke coming off the skillet.

Instead if tending to the meat first he poured vinegar on the chips which let off an acrid cloud of smoke that nearly took his eyebrows off and made tables around us complain. It weren't a free meal cause we were asked to leave before we'd started but it was funny as fek.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Popped in the local Chinese takeaway and ordered a spring roll, carton of curry and a bag of chips. After waiting about 5 mins one of the other girls from behind the counter called me and put my food on the counter. I looked at the bag and thought it was a bit big for what I had ordered, perhaps they'd put some free prawn crackers in there. Picked the bag up off the counter and it nearly ripped my arm out of its socket. They'd given me someone else's order. Walked calmly out the door, past the window and then legged it all the way home.
    When I got home I was like a kid on Christmas day opening his presents. There must have been about £30 worth of grub in the bag. Best £3.80 I ever spent, lasted me three days.
    They might have thought you were a delivery driver. A lad I used to work with reckons he would go around busy take aways unshaven and wearing a cheap tracksuit and baseball cap, and hang about until someone put a bag of food on the counter before having it away on his toes.

Surprised we’ve had no Jacks on here with all the free dead rats they eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    They might have thought you were a delivery driver. A lad I used to work with reckons he would go around busy take aways unshaven and wearing a cheap tracksuit and baseball cap, and hang about until someone put a bag of food on the counter before having it away on his toes.
    Hands free mobile ear piece for extra authenticity talk into it loudly and you're all set.

Hands free mobile ear piece for extra authenticity talk into it loudly and you're all set.
    Lose the ability to count when it comes to giving back the last 2 pound in change to a customer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I know a lad who delivers for a few different places in the evenings on top of his other job (well paying) unless they are a small quiet place then they likely do use a few through the week.