+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Colback...?

Colback...?

Suggestion here that he's surplus to requirements at the moment and ripe for a Championship side to bag him in January..

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ge...er-league-man/

...seems like a decent shout to me as the games start to stack up

Re: Colback...?

Ginger kid who loves a tackle? Think he's good enough for us from what remember..not seen anything if him for a while..would he for in with the lads and not disrupt the changing room?

Probably too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Probably too expensive.
    Thought I heard Warnock mention out biggestearner is on 20k (may be wrong there) so I'd imagine he would have to take a decent pay cut for first team football or rot where he is? He may take a cut after seeing the Warnock effect on others.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Thought I heard Warnock mention out biggestearner is on 20k (may be wrong there) so I'd imagine he would have to take a decent pay cut for first team football or rot where he is? He may take a cut after seeing the Warnock effect on others.
    Not sure how accurate he was but in an interview yesterday the Peterborough chairman (random I know) announced that Cardiff are paying Tomlin £28k a week.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Not sure how accurate he was but in an interview yesterday the Peterborough chairman (random I know) announced that Cardiff are paying Tomlin £28k a week.
    I doubt if that’s true and anyway how come he got to mention his wages?

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Its Darragh McAnthony blowing his own trumpet saying how good Peterborough are that Tomlin nearly came back. Ignore it. Our wage bill was down to 25m in 2015/16 and the 2016/17 accounts aren't out yet but it was cut again. If Tomlin is on £28k a week, and our wage bill has been cut to about £20m p/a, he's on about 8% of the total wages at the club. I find that hard to believe when Warnock himself is probably on £1m, his staff about £1m between them and Tomlin was surplus to requirements at Bristol City.

Colback is allegedly one of the highest paid players at Newcastle so there's no way we could afford him or his wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I doubt if that’s true and anyway how come he got to mention his wages?
    Bristol City told his agent that he was available for transfer.

Peterborough as one of his former clubs where he is held in high esteem made an enquiry apparently.

Their chairman Darragh MacAnthony, who isn't shy of self publicity, told a fans meeting that the club tried to bring him back but couldn't get near his wages. Peterborough fans then go away thinking chairman is trying his hardest when in reality it was utter horsecrap as there was a transfer they wouldn't pay and I doubt his wages are anywhere near that but whatever they are there's no way Peterborough could afford them as they are probably 5 figures per week.

No doubt Mr Macanthony will be making an enquiry for Gareth Bale - he has as much chance.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Bristol City told his agent that he was available for transfer.

Peterborough as one of his former clubs where he is held in high esteem made an enquiry apparently.

Their chairman Darragh MacAnthony, who isn't shy of self publicity, told a fans meeting that the club tried to bring him back but couldn't get near his wages. Peterborough fans then go away thinking chairman is trying his hardest when in reality it was utter horsecrap as there was a transfer they wouldn't pay and I doubt his wages are anywhere near that but whatever they are there's no way Peterborough could afford them as they are probably 5 figures per week.

No doubt Mr Macanthony will be making an enquiry for Gareth Bale - he has as much chance.
    About sums it up in my opinion.

Not sure why I thought colback was at Sunderland.. that's what made me wonder how he was surplus..and also made me think we could sign him. **** these PL players..upset the apple cart too much.. stick with the underdogs please.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Not according to elsewhere, Tomlin is on £28k if you believe them or Peterborough chairman! Some people believe anything over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Not according to elsewhere, Tomlin is on £28k if you believe them or Peterborough chairman! Some people believe anything over there.
    Over where?