+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump and Jerusalem , what's he up to now ?!

Re: Trump and Jerusalem , what's he up to now ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    You got me there

Perhaps i should have just said cause mayhem, death and destruction.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-9753131.html
    There's no doubt that George W Bush left him with a hell of a mess to deal with.

He,s not yet invaded a foreign country and changed elected regimes, did you think the same and mention it on here when Obama, Bush etc. Invaded foreign countries?
    Yes and also when Blair did it

I even marched against the decision in Cardiff and London

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I'm clueless to what's going on here but what is the problem between Israel and Palestine?
    That old age bullshit , religion and land

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Yes and also when Blair did it

I even marched against the decision in Cardiff and London
    I wasn't asking yoos

Trump said on TV earlier that 'previous Presidents' talked about it, but he's the only one who will do it'.

That left me wondering - is that because previous Presidents knew it was a bad idea, so held off from doing it?!
    But maybe - at the same time had to make out that they would consider it - for diplomatic and practical reasons?
    And maybe peace. And maybe stability.

It's possible.
    Or maybe Trump knows something we currently don't. He hinted at that too.

Everywhere and everything seem a mess right now eh ..

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Apparently it's been a policy since 1995 but every president has delayed it until now because they know it'll cause even more trouble there then there already is.
    Where did you get that from?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I believe that it was mentioned on the UK news earlier, and Trump echoed that in what he said also.

It was in one of the reports I've read. The Jerusalem act was passed in 95:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_Embassy_Act

Next time why not just google it rather than thinking you know everything about US foreign policy because you live there

Excuse my naivety, but why is there this almost global acceptance that America should have the influence they appear to have in this area?

He,s not yet invaded a foreign country and changed elected regimes, did you think the same and mention it on here when Obama, Bush etc. Invaded foreign countries?
    I still don't get your point with this? Do you think Bush and Obama being warmongers means it's ok for Trump to destabilise the Middle East?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Excuse my naivety, but why is there this almost global acceptance that America should have the influence they appear to have in this area?
    On the one hand, the US in its supposed role as the world's policeman and peacebroker, is adjudged to be the major hope in bringing the conflicted parties together. However, the US pours billions of dollars into Israel.

https://www.everycrsreport.com/reports/RL33222.html

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Can someone enlighten me then :-

Tel Aviv is the capital of Israel - yes ?
    Jerusalem - capital / unofficial capital of Palestine ?
    Jerusalem - waling wall is used by Jews, Muslims and Christians as a religious site ?

Why is Israel happy about moving the US Embassy to Tel Aviv ?
    Why are the Palestinians unhappy about that ?

What does Israel / Palestine want to happen to Jerusalem ?

What party is in charge of Palestine - Hezbollah - or the other lot whose name escapes me.

Whatever happened to our Middle Eastern Peace Envoy - Mr Blair , could we send him in to find some WMD on the pretence of invasion ? (dont answer that one)
    Jerusalem is bang on the border between Israel and Palestine, and as you probably know is considered a holy city for Jews, Christians and Muslims..

People have been fighting over it for two thousand years.

At some point during the peace process, the issue of who owned Jerusalem would have to be addressed. Trump has effectively and unilaterally taken that off the table.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Jerusalem is bang on the border between Israel and Palestine, and as you probably know is considered a holy city for Jews, Christians and Muslims..

People have been fighting over it for two thousand years.

At some point during the peace process, the issue of who owned Jerusalem would have to be addressed. Trump has effectively and unilaterally taken that off the table.
    And left the Palestinians with even less leverage than they had before.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    On the one hand, the US in its supposed role as the world's policeman and peacebroker, is adjudged to be the major hope in bringing the conflicted parties together. However, the US pours billions of dollars into Israel.

https://www.everycrsreport.com/reports/RL33222.html
    Precisely.

I honestly don't believe that Trump understands / cares one iota about the implications of this
    What's more concerning is the people who obviously have his ear obviously do.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Im not trying to solve this problem from my PC on a football forum BUT surely if one cant have it - then none of them shall have it.

SO - Make Jerusalem and independent state - that is not owned or controlled by Israel or Palestine and is instead run an elected council that has NO religious links. Therefore decisions can be made based on what is good for the people that live rather than Israel or Palestine. The UN can act as the army, give them their own currency and give them a border. Give them an equal number of religious holidays BUT whatever happens take the relgious politics and outside influences out of it. Even make it a tax haven to attract wealth into the region.

Alternatively make it a religious free zone
    That would cause an actual war and would be just as bad as this

These are 2 states disputing it not 2 kids.

That would cause an actual war and would be just as bad as this

These are 2 states disputing it not 2 kids.
    it's a dreadful solution. Religion is bollocks, yes, but that's from our viewpoint. From theirs it's very very serious. Hence why no one has a good solution and probably never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Trump said on TV earlier that 'previous Presidents' talked about it, but he's the only one who will do it'.

That left me wondering - is that because previous Presidents knew it was a bad idea, so held off from doing it?!
    But maybe - at the same time had to make out that they would consider it - for diplomatic and practical reasons?
    And maybe peace. And maybe stability.

It's possible.
    Or maybe Trump knows something we currently don't. He hinted at that too.

Everywhere and everything seem a mess right now eh ..
    I seriously dont believe Trump knows more than anyone on this board,and I mean anyone..

Its distraction from the Russian investigation and pure aggression.
    He's managed to piss of millions of Muslims in the flick of a pen, if there is any push back from the Muslim world he can then point back to his travel ban and get pressure on it being passed so he can finally put something in his mental win column.
    He's put a lot of his fellow countrymen in more danger than they've been in before over something he cant be arsed in understanding. I don't understand middle east politics but there must be a very good reason that more intelligent people before him haven't done this.

Isn't it trying to take attention away from them wanting that pedo from Alabama elected?

Feedback

the Arabs invaded Israel - twice. and on both occasions they had their arse handed to them on a plate. on both occasions the aim was to wipe Israel off the map. Since Israel are the victors, then the Golan, West Bank and Gaza are legitimate territory taken from an aggressor antebellum to form an enlarged more powerful state. that is the way it has always been. (USSR -> Poland -> Germany is one such example).

If the Arabs don't want to lose territory, then they shouldn't look to take on the Israelis.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I'm clueless to what's going on here but what is the problem between Israel and Palestine?
    genetically speaking, they are the same people. the also worship the same God albeit slightly differently. They just believe they are descended from different sons of Abraham, Isaac (Jews) and Ishmael (Arabs).

that's why they hate each other.

Feedback

congress passed a law in 1995

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    the Arabs invaded Israel - twice. and on both occasions they had their arse handed to them on a plate. on both occasions the aim was to wipe Israel off the map. Since Israel are the victors, then the Golan, West Bank and Gaza are legitimate territory taken from an aggressor antebellum to form an enlarged more powerful state. that is the way it has always been. (USSR -> Poland -> Germany is one such example).

If the Arabs don't want to lose territory, then they shouldn't look to take on the Israelis.
    But you can say why they do considering the way Israel wasn't given the land in the first place.

It's a lot more complicated than you're making out and people a lot cleverer than us haven't been able to sort it out.

I was in Israel a couple of weeks ago, a beautiful place to visit but it's crazy how they're still expanding into "neutral" and Palestine areas even now.

It was in one of the reports I've read. The Jerusalem act was passed in 95:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_Embassy_Act

Next time why not just google it rather than thinking you know everything about US foreign policy because you live there
    So not policy then. You made that part up.

If you're going to cite wikipedia pages. Maybe it's a good idea to read them first.

Feedback

But you can say why they do considering the way Israel wasn't given the land in the first place.

It's a lot more complicated than you're making out and people a lot cleverer than us haven't been able to sort it out.

I was in Israel a couple of weeks ago, a beautiful place to visit but it's crazy how they're still expanding into "neutral" and Palestine areas even now.
    the Arabs attacked Israel after the Israelis had been given their little sliver of land by UN mandate. I also find it bizarre that we can have many islamic and christian states, but some get apoplectic when we have just one jewish state.