+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump and Jerusalem , what's he up to now ?!

Re: Trump and Jerusalem , what's he up to now ?!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    So not policy then. You made that part up.

If you're going to cite wikipedia pages. Maybe it's a good idea to read them first.
    I used the Wikipedia page as an easy link, I'm not clued up on it to be honest i just heard about it on the news yesterday.

What's the difference between a policy and it though?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I used the Wikipedia page as an easy link, I'm not clued up on it to be honest i just heard about it on the news yesterday.

The bill to fund the move was passed into law by the congress and senate, but it was the policy of the government at the time and successive governments until now to not act upon it.

So while there was a provision to move the embassy, it has not been policy of a sitting government until now.

It's probably not going to happen anyway. Trump just used this as a campaign promise to stir up part of his his base, evangelical christians, who are grossly uninformed when it comes to what the State of Israel is and what it does. He has acted upon it because it's actually a promise he can keep, or at least be seen to attempt to keep. Unlike building a wall that will be paid for Mexico, all the coal and manufacturing jobs that will never materialize, the budget being balanced, appointing a special prosecutor to "lock her up" etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Why are people so thick that they google Wikipedia and state it as a fact?

Selfish simpletons such as yourself lap it up as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

It is a fact, I was just using Wikipedia as a reference rather than one of the news stories that only mentioned it in passing.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Im not trying to solve this problem from my PC on a football forum BUT surely if one cant have it - then none of them shall have it.

SO - Make Jerusalem and independent state - that is not owned or controlled by Israel or Palestine and is instead run an elected council that has NO religious links. Therefore decisions can be made based on what is good for the people that live rather than Israel or Palestine. The UN can act as the army, give them their own currency and give them a border. Give them an equal number of religious holidays BUT whatever happens take the relgious politics and outside influences out of it. Even make it a tax haven to attract wealth into the region.

Alternatively make it a religious free zone
    Who is going to get Israel out of Jerusalem then?

All kicking off now

Well done trump you idiot

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    All kicking off now

Well done trump you idiot
    Classic diversionary tactics from the Orange one. He's clueless, fair play.

An utter ****ing idiot who has some serious personality issues. He’ll use any protest to justify his reckless policies.

If this did go full blown war would the likely outcome be the end of Palestine?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Yes, Israel has a very powerful army backed up by the yanks

Head of Hamas saying 8 December going to be a historic day, calling on Muslims worldwide.

What a mess this buffoon has caused.. glad practically every other major state is condemning it.

World war 3 beckons!

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    But it'd still have an American Embassy there though - is anyone who is not Israeli backing the dangerous idiot on this?

International

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I can help you there, back in the day - they (Jews, Muslims , & Christians) all used to get along in Jerusalem, they lived in fairly harmoniously and mixed together socially. But then it all went t1ts up - that the little bit I do know.
    This present argument started after the 6 day war in 1967.
    The arabs attacked Israel and Isreal hammered them.. In the process they captured a lot of land (eg. The golan heights) and refused to this day to give it back.
    Part of that land was the half of Jerusalem which was the capital of the palistinians. (Unofficially).
    so now Irael controls all of it unlike before when the only controlled half like berlin used to be.
    They therefore control all the muslim holy sites in Jerusalem and this is ctotally unacceptable to muslims.

hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    But it'd still have an American Embassy there though - is anyone who is not Israeli backing the dangerous idiot on this?
    The Czech Republic.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    This present argument started after the 6 day war in 1967.
    The arabs attacked Israel and Isreal hammered them.. In the process they captured a lot of land (eg. The golan heights) and refused to this day to give it back.
    Part of that land was the half of Jerusalem which was the capital of the palistinians. (Unofficially).
    so now Irael controls all of it unlike before when the only controlled half like berlin used to be.
    They therefore control all the muslim holy sites in Jerusalem and this is ctotally unacceptable to muslims.

hope this helps
    The Jordanians control the temple mount, not the Israelis. Jews are forbidden from entering and pray only at the western wall. This is because the Jews believe the temple mount contains the holy of holies. Muslims have unrestricted access to Haram esh-Sharif, the Dome of the Rock and everything else. Israel make no attempt to stop muslims (or Christians) from worshipping at these sites, other than putting police (not military) security around such sites.

This topic seems to have a bit of history

International

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    The Jordanians control the temple mount, not the Israelis. Jews are forbidden from entering and pray only at the western wall. This is because the Jews believe the temple mount contains the holy of holies. Muslims have unrestricted access to Haram esh-Sharif, the Dome of the Rock and everything else. Israel make no attempt to stop muslims (or Christians) from worshipping at these sites, other than putting police (not military) security around such sites.
    I never said they attempt to impose on the muslim holy sites, for quite rightly they do not. But never the less they still physically hold the whole of Jerusalem, and that is the point.

International

People are bashing President trump at every turn, but he has only formalised what was a US decisionm decades ago!
    He is just removing the pretence of previous administrations.
    It's about time the left ewing and liberal lovies in the US political system accepted that he won the election. They should just live with it!!

People are bashing President trump at every turn, but he has only formalised what was a US decisionm decades ago!
    It's about time the left ewing and liberal lovies in the US political system accepted that he won the election. They should just live with it!!
    Nothing is truly 'decided' until it is acted upon.

Bearing in mind the tricky diplomatic situation(s) regarding the factions involved, it could be that the 'noises were made' to appease those who wanted to hear them, but not acted upon. And dragged out.
    Until ..

Why? Because you say so? What nonsense.

This country was founded on protest. Trump and his cronies are crooks. Why should Americans sit back and let them do what they want? Republicans wouldn't even let Obama pick a Supreme Court justice.

International

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why? Because you say so? What nonsense.

This country was founded on protest. Trump and his cronies are crooks. Why should Americans sit back and let them do what they want? Republicans wouldn't even let Obama pick a Supreme Court justice.
    Not me who said so. The American voters said so. It's your system, live with it.
    Od do yoiu seek to change evrey system every time it delivers a result you don't happen to agree with?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

For some people it beats the Daily Mail I guess!

Feedback

I never said they attempt to impose on the muslim holy sites, for quite rightly they do not. But never the less they still physically hold the whole of Jerusalem, and that is the point.
    If all religions have unfettered access to all sites then what does it matter if the israelis have all of jerusalem?

Not me who said so. The American voters said so. It's your system, live with it.
    Od do yoiu seek to change evrey system every time it delivers a result you don't happen to agree with?
    Recognising Jerusalem as the capital of Israel was a campaign pledge, it's not like it was hidden or anything, so yeah the people did actually vote for it.

The things that apparently make you a "left wing luvvie these days"

You don't want an all out war in the Middle East? Left eing liberal lovie (sic)

Someone said it for thinking calling a black person a n*gger too