+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "No side in the past 15 years has had as many points as Cardiff after 20 games and not won automatic promotion"

"No side in the past 15 years has had as many points as Cardiff after 20 games and not won automatic promotion"

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...rnock-14002027

That's worryingly positive - hadn't realised just how well we are doing from a historic viewpoint. 42 points from 26 games should be enough for promotion WOL reckon.

Re: "No side in the past 15 years has had as many points as Cardiff after 20 games and not won automatic promotion"

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

That's worryingly positive - hadn't realised just how well we are doing from a historic viewpoint. 42 points from 26 games should be enough for promotion WOL reckon.
    Let's hope that we don't do a Cardiff....

Re: "No side in the past 15 years has had as many points as Cardiff after 20 games and not won automatic promotion"

Another record in our sights!

Not sure 85 will be enough for automatics this year

I'm confident we will make the playoffs which is a major improvement on the last few years but hopefully we can Nick that second spot

I wary about thinking about it in case of jinxing it. The statistics don't lie however. I still would like to see the table in January. Then again if we still doing well I will say I would like to see the table in February.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I wary about thinking about it in case of jinxing it. The statistics don't lie however. I still would like to see the table in January. Then again if we still doing well I will say I would like to see the table in February.
    It's hard for us to get to excited because we all know how disappointing city can be but I have this extra 10% confidence with Warnock at the helm

Statistics may not lie but they merely reflect history.

I hate this sort of talk this early. We all know deep down that we’ve got a good chance but there are 78 points to play for and there are 6 or 7 sides below us that are all capable of being consistent for the next 26 games.
    I suppose one good thing is that talk of promotion might stir some of our more fickle fans from out of thier armchairs and get their fat arses down CCS.

I think that's every long-term City fan's reaction- certainly mine. I'll be more inclined to believe it when we've won a further 14 games...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

Well we can forget promotion now.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not sure 85 will be enough for automatics this year
    Agreed. This season looks more like 95 points for the autos. Wolves are on for 100+ points so mid 90's is setting the bar high but this team have it in them. Bring on Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    It's hard for us to get to excited because we all know how disappointing city can be but I have this extra 10% confidence with Warnock at the helm
    You are right, we have become used to city letting us down, when it looks impossible to fail, we somehow manage to find a way

It is good lads. It's just this league. It's a war almost every week and other teams are hitting their straps. The team and the staff deserve all credit because they have gone about their business so well and found ways to win.

International

" on it now.

It's a good job there aren't 3 teams on it, isn't it?

Whatever you say or think will have no effect on the outcome, unless you can prove the existence of God.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Whatever you say or think will have no effect on the outcome, unless you can prove the existence of God.
    There we are then.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I hate this sort of talk this early. We all know deep down that we’ve got a good chance but there are 78 points to play for and there are 6 or 7 sides below us that are all capable of being consistent for the next 26 games.
    I suppose one good thing is that talk of promotion might stir some of our more fickle fans from out of thier armchairs and get their fat arses down CCS.
    I get the "breaks on" approach as I've done it plenty of times. Let's be honest if we were in 3-8 seeing the gap we would all be saying "that team in second 6 points clear of third"

I'd rather optimism..but at the same time..come on Cardiff let your hair down ffs.

Wolves could mathematically still have a shit season..we all know they won't.. so why the negativity around us? Enjoy it you uptight ****ers

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You sound like Nick.

So who are the side that had as many points as us and didn't go up?

And who are we using for historical weekly tables now statto.com is gone?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    So who are the side that had as many points as us and didn't go up?
    Not sure whether it’s a whoosh or not as I don’t know the definite answer but I’ll guess it was us in the 06/07 season?

Historical stats don't take into account the ability and performance of the other, competing teams also hanging around the top end of the table so far this season.

It was a serious question. As the thread is titled "No side... 15 years" I assumed this last happened in 2003. We were still in Division 3. Leicester and Portsmouth were promoted automatically. Wolves won the playoffs. Sheffield Utd came third, so maybe it was them.

Anyone who doesn’t want promotion?

The money is good but do you want to see regular drubbings?

Peak as long as we and wolves take points off the other sides we should be ok