2018 China Cup Schedule

2018 China Cup Schedule

22 March – China v Wales

23 March – Uruguay v Czech Republic

26 March – 3rd and 4th Place Final

26 March – Final

Will we take a full strength squad?.

Re: 2018 China Cup Schedule

This type of mini tournament is better than a couple of freindlies, but the fact that it’s a 10 -11 hour flight each way on top, with potential jet lag to contend with in such an important part of the season, you can see there being a good bit of pressure on players not to go.
    Might be an idea if the FAW organised its own mini tournament next year instead.

I guess as its the " International break " we might take a full squad

If i could convince the family to go, we could incorporate disney shanghai into the trip I am working on it LOL

There is a lot of money in Chinese football, I imagine they are sorting out 1st class flights 5* hotels the works.
    Players/staff will probably be well up for going and see it as a jolly with the boys away from the wives for a few days.

The Chinese Football association obviously see us as the main draw in this mini tournament, that's why they've scheduled themselves to play against us and not Uruguay or the Czech Republic. I would also imagine they're throwing a lot of money at this, which is probably why Wales agreed to take part. I would also think the Chinese would want some assurances that the likes of Bale/Ramsey play.
    I can't friggin wait!! ... just one and a half hours away from where I live.

It's one of those times, when I am glad that we (City), have no senior players in the squad.

We got a home game on the 30th, just imagine how knackered a player would be after all those games and the travelling involved.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It's one of those times, when I am glad that we (City), have no senior players in the squad.

We got a home game on the 30th, just imagine how knackered a player would be after all those games and the travelling involved.
    What about Jazz?

Are China any good?

I would have thought China see us as the weakest side so they get to the final...

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Are China any good?
    In a nutshell ... NO!

There was uproar here when they got beat at home by Syria - which effectively ended any hopes of qualifying for the World Cup in Russia.
    They are crazy about their football though, and they can't get enough of the English Premier league.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I would have thought China see us as the weakest side so they get to the final...
    No, China see THEMSELVES as the weakest team and rightly so. They would probably expect to get beaten in their opening fixture - whether that's against us, Uruguay or the Czech Republic.
    Ultimately, they'd have liked to have faced us in the final but they wouldn't have much faith in themselves to reach it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    What about Jazz?
    Hmmm...........great.............nice!