Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

  1. #1

    Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Really looking forward to this. Two teams bang in form. I will be giving you lot some abuse(from the safety of the Eamonn Dolan Stand).
    Under Stam if we score first we are almost certain to win. If we concede first we are in big trouble.

    Scoring first. Played 42, won 36; draw 3 lose 2
    Conceding first. Played 31, won 2, draw 7, lose 22.(courtesy of Hobnob Anyone)

    So the first goal is vital. Our biggest strength are our wingers Barrow and Aluko. Our biggest weakness our strikers. Kermorgant has played really well for us but is just getting back to full fitness and has yet to score this season. Bodvarsson is our reserve striker and is hard working but hardly prolific.
    We are almost certain to be unchanged. After a season of tinkering Stam has finally managed on a settled team
    Likely line up

    Mannone GK
    Bacuna. RB
    Gunter. LB (ousted by Bacuna from his usual position)
    Moore. CB
    McShane CB
    Van Den Berg CDM
    Kelly central midfield(Swift would be in the side but injured)
    Edwards central midfield
    Barrow. Right wing
    Aluko. Left wing
    Kermorgant Striker

    There wonít be much in this. If we win the play off push is on but you are conceding so few. So for me 1-1.

  2. #2

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Royals 2- 3 Bloobirds

  3. #3

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Royals 2- 3 Bloobirds
    You’re a bad boy Jeeps. Just to point out we have two current Welsh internationals in our starting line up. I’m sure you will join with me in supporting the mighty Reading FC on Monday night.

  4. #4

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Just to add the stat when we score first is 41 games not 42

  5. #5

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Really looking forward to this. Two teams bang in form. I will be giving you lot some abuse(from the safety of the Eamonn Dolan Stand).
    Under Stam if we score first we are almost certain to win. If we concede first we are in big trouble.

    Scoring first. Played 42, won 36; draw 3 lose 2
    Conceding first. Played 31, won 2, draw 7, lose 22.(courtesy of Hobnob Anyone)

    So the first goal is vital. Our biggest strength are our wingers Barrow and Aluko. Our biggest weakness our strikers. Kermorgant has played really well for us but is just getting back to full fitness and has yet to score this season. Bodvarsson is our reserve striker and is hard working but hardly prolific.
    We are almost certain to be unchanged. After a season of tinkering Stam has finally managed on a settled team
    Likely line up

    Mannone GK
    Bacuna. RB
    Gunter. LB (ousted by Bacuna from his usual position)
    Moore. CB
    McShane CB
    Van Den Berg CDM
    Kelly central midfield(Swift would be in the side but injured)
    Edwards central midfield
    Barrow. Right wing
    Aluko. Left wing
    Kermorgant Striker

    There wonít be much in this. If we win the play off push is on but you are conceding so few. So for me 1-1.
    Must admit Eamonn Dolan gives a bit more character rather than the compass points of the other stands. Shame about the circumstances! Robin Friday Stand for the South?

  6. #6

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Must admit Eamonn Dolan gives a bit more character rather than the compass points of the other stands. Shame about the circumstances! Robin Friday Stand for the South?
    Yes it does. Eamonn Dolan did a great job and died far too young.I canít ever see there being a Robin Friday Stand. He is still revered by our older supporters but there will be other names that will be ahead in the pecking order. I suspect our Stadium will eventually have a name change. When that happens I can envisage one of our stands being called the John Madejski Stand. Maybe a Steve Coppell Stand one day too.

  7. #7

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yes it does. Eamonn Dolan did a great job and died far too young.I can’t ever see there being a Robin Friday Stand. He is still revered by our older supporters but there will be other names that will be ahead in the pecking order. I suspect our Stadium will eventually have a name change. When that happens I can envisage one of our stands being called the John Madejski Stand. Maybe a Steve Coppell Stand one day too.
    Tongue in cheek for the South. In the same vein perhaps the Duberry Stand though that depends on the state of the grass!

  8. #8

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Tongue in cheek for the South. In the same vein perhaps the Duberry Stand though that depends on the state of the grass!
    I don’t think Duberry will ever live that down.

  9. #9

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    2-0 City.

  10. #10

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Tough game-they have come good-take a draw!!

  11. #11

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    Tough game-they have come good-take a draw!!
    Have you taken lessons from YODA.

  12. #12

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You’re a bad boy Jeeps. Just to point out we have two current Welsh internationals in our starting line up. I’m sure you will join with me in supporting the mighty Reading FC on Monday night.
    Hope they have an amazing season after you have played us.As supporting Reading i dont think so.

  13. #13
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,572

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    o/t a bit, but Pearcy is the kind of opposition fan that is most welcome here.

    Unlike that wurzel

  14. #14

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    o/t a bit, but Pearcy is the kind of opposition fan that is most welcome here.

    Unlike that wurzel
    Cheers Tony

    Doesn’t anyone know how many you are bringing on Monday night? I am guessing at 2000 and reckon it would have been 3000 if played on Saturday and not on SKY.

  15. #15

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yes it does. Eamonn Dolan did a great job and died far too young.I canít ever see there being a Robin Friday Stand. He is still revered by our older supporters but there will be other names that will be ahead in the pecking order. I suspect our Stadium will eventually have a name change. When that happens I can envisage one of our stands being called the John Madejski Stand. Maybe a Steve Coppell Stand one day too.
    Is Ricky Gervais a Royal?

  16. #16

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Is Ricky Gervais a Royal?
    No. Kate Winslet, Ian Gillan and Chris Tarrant are the only celebs I know that support the mighty Royals.

  17. #17

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    No. Kate Winslet, Ian Gillan and Chris Tarrant are the only celebs I know that support the mighty Royals.
    Pretty sure Gillan is a QPR fan, he's a West London boy. Wrong hoops?

  18. #18

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Cheers Tony

    Doesn’t anyone know how many you are bringing on Monday night? I am guessing at 2000 and reckon it would have been 3000 if played on Saturday and not on SKY.
    Only know that at close of play on Monday (4th), ticket office had sold 690.

  19. #19

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Pretty sure Gillan is a QPR fan, he's a West London boy. Wrong hoops?
    You may be right. He tried to buy Reading back in the 80s but that doesn’t mean he is a Reading fan.

  20. #20

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Only know that at close of play on Monday (4th), ticket office had sold 690.
    That’s not too bad. If you bring 2000 I am guessing the gate will be around 16000

  21. #21

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That’s not too bad. If you bring 2000 I am guessing the gate will be around 16000
    Ticket sales for us depend a lot on when the various guys who run the coaches sort their batches out. I did ours today. However, live on Sky, Monday night I think it will be 1500 at a push.
    If it was Saturday then it would have been an away sell out, with us doing well and decent prices. We took 4000 to Fulham ( including the ones in the neutral end) and Reading is closer

    Cheers Sky

  22. #22
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    8,695

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    No. Kate Winslet, Ian Gillan and Chris Tarrant are the only celebs I know that support the mighty Royals.
    Bill Oddie no longer a celeb?

  23. #23

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Bill Oddie no longer a celeb?
    Yes but not a Reading fan. His beard is very special for us Reading fans though and Mr Oddie does have a soft spot for us now.

  24. #24

    Re: Reading v Cardiff City match build up

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Ticket sales for us depend a lot on when the various guys who run the coaches sort their batches out. I did ours today. However, live on Sky, Monday night I think it will be 1500 at a push.
    If it was Saturday then it would have been an away sell out, with us doing well and decent prices. We took 4000 to Fulham ( including the ones in the neutral end) and Reading is closer

    Cheers Sky
    Yep. Would have much preferred this game being played tomorrow and with a packed away end. A real shame SKY have had to televise this and wreck the atmosphere. We may struggle to get beyond 15,000 now. We would have had around 19,000 if played tomorrow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •