+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: Euro 2020 venues

  1. #1

    Euro 2020 venues

    Cardiff might get selected today.

    They missed out originally but because of trouble with new stadium in Brussels Cardiff may get some games.

  2. #2

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Cardiff might get selected today.

    They missed out originally but because of trouble with new stadium in Brussels Cardiff may get some games.
    It would be great for the Capital City of Wales, I'm sure our friends down West would agtee. Shirley we can't be overlooked this time. I thought it a bit unfair that we missed out in the first place


  3. #3
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,578

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Would that mean we’d qualify as a host nation?

  4. #4

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Would that mean we’d qualify as a host nation?
    Still have to qualify as usual

  5. #5

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Wembley stadium is also in the mix if Brussels drops out.
    I hope we do but Donít hold your breath that Wales will get any games in this case

  6. #6

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Wembley now host 7 games http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42270759

    Wales miss out again

  7. #7

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    That's a bit shit. Wembley already got a bunch of games.

  8. #8

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    That's a bit shit. Wembley already got a bunch of games.
    Dejŗ vu
    Ah feck 'em. London can have all that extra security and upheaval...

  9. #9

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Is anyone really surprised by this news? We had the Champions League Finals for men and women and the European Super Cup, so UEFA don't need to bother about Wales for another quarter of a century or so.

  10. #10

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Wembley now host 7 games http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42270759

    Wales miss out again
    Now that’s a real surprise.

  11. #11

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Wembley itself is a sh?t hole. Never mind.

  12. #12

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Wembley itself is a sh?t hole. Never mind.
    And the worst place to get to the first visit I was excited to go there but wasn't impressed by the stadium (Just a large bowl) when compared to the Emirates stadium now which is the best stadium I've been to

  13. #13

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Already had the semis and final

    Would hve been fine if Sweden got it but this is a bitter pill to swallow

  14. #14

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    That's a bit shit. Wembley already got a bunch of games.
    And I notice Russia are one of the venues. 2 years after hosting the World Cup.

  15. #15

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And I notice Russia are one of the venues. 2 years after hosting the World Cup.
    Greed all round

  16. #16

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And I notice Russia are one of the venues. 2 years after hosting the World Cup.
    We'll see how that goes. Maybe we'll get a couple of games after all.

  17. #17

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Greed all round
    'greed.

  18. #18

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    That's a bit shit. Wembley already got a bunch of games.
    Not too mention Wembley is shite, no fans even enjoy a day out there anymore, 3 pubs within quarter of a mile make it such great day donít it

  19. #19

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    If the idea was to share the tournament around the continent EUFA has failed dismally.

    They may as well have just held the whole thing at Wembley , the arsehole of North London.

    Disgrace.

  20. #20

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Pathetic but not surprised.

  21. #21

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Only 'real' countries were ever going to be considered

  22. #22

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    And the worst place to get to the first visit I was excited to go there but wasn't impressed by the stadium (Just a large bowl) when compared to the Emirates stadium now which is the best stadium I've been to
    I haven't been to the new one but it's in the same place as the old one so I know what you mean. There is fek all further up into the centre as well. Just loads of disinterested locals who wish you would just fek off back to where you come from.

  23. #23

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    What a carve-up. England could end up playing 6 of their 7 games at home, if they went all the way (massive 'if', admittedly). God help us if there's another repeat of 1966, though.

  24. #24
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    13,578

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    What a carve-up. England could end up playing 6 of their 7 games at home, if they went all the way (massive 'if', admittedly). God help us if there's another repeat of 1966, though.
    Or there may be the alternative scenario where we win it, beating England on pelantys at Wembley.

  25. #25

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    .....with Chris Waddle summarising for Five Live.

  26. #26

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    What a carve-up. England could end up playing 6 of their 7 games at home, if they went all the way (massive 'if', admittedly). God help us if there's another repeat of 1966, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Or there may be the alternative scenario where we win it, beating England on pelantys at Wembley.
    It would then be quickly forgotten

  27. #27

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Pathetic but not surprised.
    I think its probably our travel infrastructure that we are weak on to be honest.

  28. #28

    Re: Euro 2020 venues

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad as a fish View Post
    I think its probably our travel infrastructure that we are weak on to be honest.
    ^^ If there was a rational reason then I'd agree with this being it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •