+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Central heating

Central heating

After some advice
    Do I leave the boiler at a lower temp but let the Mrs have it on all day or turn the boiler up and have it on less?

Re: Central heating

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    After some advice
    Do I leave the boiler at a lower temp but let the Mrs have it on all day or turn the boiler up and have it on less?
    we have it on low all day, about 12 C, then when we come in, its turned up to 18 - 20 C, i often sit in my shorts LOL

Tell her to stand in the corner of the room all day, it's 90 degrees in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    we have it on low all day, about 12 C, then when we come in, its turned up to 18 - 20 C, i often sit in my shorts LOL
    That's just the thermostat what temp do you have your boiler set to

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    That's just the thermostat what temp do you have your boiler set to
    low

does that make a lot of difference though, as if its on high, it will still cut out when it gets to the thermostat temp

low

does that make a lot of difference though, as if its on high, it will still cut out when it gets to the thermostat temp
    That's what I'm asking is it better to have it on longer but at lower temp or shorter at higher temp

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Tell her to stand in the corner of the room all day, it's 90 degrees in the corner.

Tell her to put her coat on or do some star jumps and press ups

Would the internal temp of the house ever drop to 12 c though ? I’d suggest there’s a need for better insulation if it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Would the internal temp of the house ever drop to 12 c though ? I’d suggest there’s a need for better insulation if it does.
    at night and on the odd occasion it does drop down to about 9 or 10 C, our house is fairly new and we have no other options for insulation

I thought I was absolutely insane for telling my housemates I was "warm" when the thermostat said 21° (made it about 18 in the basement). They complain that it's too cold often, so our boiler is set to keep the temp at a minimum of 18.5 at the moment.

Our house is often 23+ in the evening. I may have to turn it down to 20 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    I thought I was absolutely insane for telling my housemates I was "warm" when the thermostat said 21° (made it about 18 in the basement). They complain that it's too cold often, so our boiler is set to keep the temp at a minimum of 18.5 at the moment.

Just open the windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post

I normally sit in the evening in shorts, the girls like it warmer, i guess i dont suffer with feeling the cold as i work outside most of the time