+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fred out for a few months..............................

Fred out for a few months..............................

Re: Fred out for a few months..............................

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Who?

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Ken
    It talks about Fred in the article as well. Says it is a groin injury

Was he ever in?

That's a blow - was hoping Swansea would come in with a £16m bid to solve their striker woes in January for him

Blue in the Face

That's annoying if true. Thought we should look to move him on in Jan. He's a decent 4th choice, but I would much much rather we fill that position with a 19-22 year old.

I thought he didn't do too badly when he came on in those recent games.

Blue in the Face

I thought he didn't do too badly when he came on in those recent games.
    In his last outing my opinion dropped. Thought he showed no urgency or desire in closing down after Ward had worked his guts out for 80 minutes. Then we looked weaker in terms of the press and he only had ten minutes of running to do. But, perhaps he was carrying an injury and was playing out of emergency. He has good technique, but he looks slower than I remember him being. Also, even if he is on low wages, he has proved very bad value for money as we haven't once gotten a sequence of games out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Send him back to wherever we got him from - and please dont tell me we signed him for a fee ?
    I thought we had him on loan from Tan's other club
    How would we 'send him back' to his former club? He signed a 2 year contract in the summer of 2016 and there was no fee (though maybe his agent got something?). He came from Belgium - but Westerlo not Kortrijk.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...thing-11554490

I think it is a real shame he is injured again, although I agree with Blue In The Face that last time he didn't seem to have any work in him - unlike the previous outing where I was impressed. Maybe he was carrying the injury already.

He seemed to have been reintegrated into the squad from the evidence of training videos and those pre-Christmas pieces on iFollow. It is noticeable how close a lot of the players are - including the ones who had very little English at the start (Fred, Bruno, Loic etc). His time with Cardiff has been a failure (maybe lack of ability or aplication - but probably more to do with massive injuries and those family problems Warnock spoke about). He looked good in training and Warnock has twice said he was the best finisher amongst the strikers. He also showed signs of being able to hold up play and win more headers than Ken - but without the pace or eye for goal.

If he is out for 2 months or more, and Ken and Rhys Healey get back in the frame by January, then it will be 'goodbye Fred' in the summer and probably without another appearance.

I thought there was a player in there somewhere and maybe if he scored from that chance against Birmingham it might be different. He will surely struggle to get back in the match day squad now. It's a shame all round. Hopefully he is the last of such signings for a while. That said Ken has turned out well.