+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Emre racially abusing Didier Zokora and getting what was coming to him.

Re: Emre racially abusing Didier Zokora and getting what was coming to him.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The old bill are often given a bad rap but if some idiots approached a black guy in Cardiff , racially abused him and ended up getting a slap , I don't think they would launch a major operation to send the offender to prison

That's just a theory but one I tend to agree with
    You've got it wrong there, again.

I was saying that if some idiots approached a black guy then the black guy, thankfully, has more recourse than to just immediately resort to violence, which is what you're advocating.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    What a pisstake. If someone calls you names you don't get to physically assault them over and over ffs. What sort of idiotic shit are we teaching people here?
    Oh I don't know. If someone called me a 'Fenian bastard' I'd thank them, then kick them for not understanding what Fenian meant.

I was trying to think of a plausible equivalent for a white player - major leagues tend to be pretty white. So maybe Japan, which is pretty resistant to foreigners.

If a Japanese player made a racist comment to a white opponent and the authorities were lenient to him, would I think the ends justified the means if he got a bit of a kicking the next time he played that team? I'd be happy enough that he got what was coming to him.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I was trying to think of a plausible equivalent for a white player - major leagues tend to be pretty white. So maybe Japan, which is pretty resistant to foreigners.

If a Japanese player made a racist comment to a white opponent and the authorities were lenient to him, would I think the ends justified the means if he got a bit of a kicking the next time he played that team? I'd be happy enough that he got what was coming to him.
    My rule of thumb is would I say it to him in the pub. If I wouldn't then it's probably a good thing I never said it. I would most likely regret it next morning anyway and feel like a plum. If I did and would expect him to smack me in the the chops then that's my choice and would stand by it. Imperious logic. Has served me well nearly all the time. I don't reckon Emre would say that to Zakiora in the pub unless he was pissed. Zakiora within his rights to give him a clout.

Blog Entries

What if a woman racially abuses him? I assume she would be fair game for a good kicking too?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    What if a woman racially abuses him? I assume she would be fair game for a good kicking too?
    Maybe just a withering look. 😊

Rather than all this nonsense can’t we just go back to calling Sludge a top rotter and everyone else like wise? Why do we always bring this shit up on ourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Rather than all this nonsense can’t we just go back to calling Sludge a top rotter and everyone else like wise? Why do we always bring this shit up on ourselves?
    Oh I don't know, I found the 673rd version of this debate one of the more enthralling ones we've had on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    She would "get what was coming to her" because as we know from this thread there's no excuse for racist name calling.

The cognitive dissonance is strong in this thread. It's full of people who inexplicably consider themselves 'right on' whilst trying to justify unnecessary violence. Whole world is like it now.

Here's another way of looking at it. Say your kid is being bullied at school. The teachers aren't doing much to stop it but your kid's friends get some revenge during the breaktime kick-about with some deliberate kicks.

Which parent is not going to be pleased at some level that the kid "got what was coming to him"?

Here's another way of looking at it. Say your kid is being bullied at school. The teachers aren't doing much to stop it but your kid's friends get some revenge during the breaktime kick-about with some deliberate kicks.

Which parent is not going to be pleased at some level that the kid "got what was coming to him"?
    The very fact you've had to scale it down to the level of a children's playground in order to justify it sort of tells its own story.

The very fact you've had to scale it down to the level of a children's playground in order to justify it sort of tells its own story.
    Ok, say it's your nephew in the same situation at uni then. The point is it's easy to say oh its just words until it happens to someone that means something to you.

What a pisstake. If someone calls you names you don't get to physically assault them over and over ffs. What sort of idiotic shit are we teaching people here?
    Not sure if serious.

There is a sense of injustice - the player racially abused Zokora in front of the ref. The cameras picked up on the fact, and the Turkish Football Federation banned Emre for 3 games. Under the TFF rules, a player should expect a ban of 4 to 8 games.

Does that justify the retaliation? No, however it does highlight the degree of camaraderie that exists in team sports - I have seen similar retribution dished out at rugby matches.

It's hardly like the players were going around kicking Emre for no reason, there was a football that they were trying (unsuccessfully) to get possession of

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The historical context is lost on ccmb don't waste your breath.
    It's only lost on the stupid. I thought they had their own forum now

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Again with the physical assault faux outrage.
    It was a football match, he got a yellow card ffs
    It happened five years ago.

Methinks you’re a little bit bored and lloking for an argument for the sake of it tbh
    Exactly this. Remember, this is the poster who said that the petty in-fighting is what makes this board great. Meanwhile, on his board he talks about how the atmosphere there is more pleasant than the atmosphere on here. This is starting to look manufactured to me.

She would "get what was coming to her" because as we know from this thread there's no excuse for racist name calling.

The cognitive dissonance is strong in this thread. It's full of people who inexplicably consider themselves 'right on' whilst trying to justify unnecessary violence. Whole world is like it now.
    There isn't an excuse though, you can lose your temper and give someone a little punch even if it's wrong, you can lose your temper and call someone a fat **** even if it's wrong. But if you lose your temper and call someone a n*gger why would you even be thinking that unless you're a racist?

I agree with you that violence isn't justified and I think they were definitely at the limit with those kicks. But there was a sense of injustice and righty or wrongly they wanted a bit of retribution.

I think anything beyond that would have been a bit much but they weren't trying to seriously injure him.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's difficult as you are behaving like a child

Now go to bed and watch out for the monsters in the cupboard

There isn't an excuse though, you can lose your temper and give someone a little punch even if it's wrong, you can lose your temper and call someone a fat **** even if it's wrong. But if you lose your temper and call someone a n*gger why would you even be thinking that unless you're a racist?

I agree with you that violence isn't justified and I think they were definitely at the limit with those kicks. But there was a sense of injustice and righty or wrongly they wanted a bit of retribution.

I think anything beyond that would have been a bit much but they weren't trying to seriously injure him.
    This is kinda my point, maybe it’s because I went to St.Illtyd’s in the 70’s, but to me, those tackles, whilst robust, don’t constitute physical assault or battery.
    Hiding in the car park and beating the shit out of him would’ve been.
    Even the kick in the bollocks was deemed a yellow by the ref.

This is kinda my point, maybe it’s because I went to St.Illtyd’s in the 70’s, but to me, those tackles, whilst robust, don’t constitute physical assault or battery.
    Hiding in the car park and beating the shit out of him would’ve been.
    Even the kick in the bollocks was deemed a yellow by the ref.
    Then you need to look up the definition of assault and battery because that's exactly what was in the video.

New I'm halfway through this book @Nugent and whilst I'm enjoying it, I just know I wouldn't be able to spend 5 minutes in the company of Simon Jordan without wanting to take a swing at him.
    Here's a quick quiz, who said this quote?

Ok, say it's your nephew in the same situation at uni then. The point is it's easy to say oh its just words until it happens to someone that means something to you.
    Yeah, it's the old "what if a member of your family was murdered" trope that gets brought out in every discussion about capital punishment.

Of course the people closest to it want stronger justice, that doesn't mean that dishing out a kicking in exchange for name calling is lawful or even morally right.

Here's a quick quiz, who said this quote?
    FACK ME! you've started digging through my posts on another board to justify violence against someone for name calling

What lengths will you go to in order to not actually look at the perfectly reasonable points I've made in this thread?

Then you need to look up the definition of assault and battery because that's exactly what was in the video.
    How come the ref didn’t send anyone off?

How come the ref didn’t send anyone off?
    I don't know, you'll have to ask him.

Please do continue advocating violence in exchange for name calling though.