+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Emre racially abusing Didier Zokora and getting what was coming to him.

Re: Emre racially abusing Didier Zokora and getting what was coming to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can get charged for assault and battery even if you've been called a nasty name beforehand.
    For kicking someone a couple of times in the legs and up the arse? You wouldn't get charged with anything.

I've been headbutted and had my nose broken and the guy got arrested and didn't get any charge for that even though it was for no reason at all.

Emre could have said other names but he chose the most offensive one. Expect the most offencive action back. He got off lightly

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The thing is there wouldn't be any retribution from the law in most cases of calling someone a n*gger hence why they'd get a punch for it.
    Well if you think someone deserves to be violently assaulted for calling someone a name then that's your lookout. Thankfully most black people know better than that despite people like you egging them on to do something ridiculous like that.

Here's a guide to reporting hate crime to the police by the citizens advice bureau: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/la...nd-hate-crime/

There's no part in there about giving someone a smack on the nose, surprisingly.

The thing is there are different levels of violent assault so I think someone deserves to be put in hospital for racially abusing someone? No

Would I have any sympathy for anyone who gets punched in the face for racially abusing someone? No

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Emre could have said other names but he chose the most offensive one. Expect the most offencive action back. He got off lightly
    Yeah, a kick in the nuts is getting off lightly. He should have been burned at the stake for calling him that nasty name.

How Zokora was able to remain standing after being called that, what with all the weight of history behind it is a testament to how strong he is. Most people would have crumpled to the ground holding their sides in agony after hearing words like that.

The thing is there are different levels of violent assault so I think someone deserves to be put in hospital for racially abusing someone? No

Would I have any sympathy for anyone who gets punched in the face for racially abusing someone? No
    Nor would I. Doesn't make it the correct course of action though, despite what you think.

Yeah, a kick in the nuts is getting off lightly. He should have been burned at the stake for calling him that nasty name.

How Zokora was able to remain standing after being called that, what with all the weight of history behind it is a testament to how strong he is. Most people would have crumpled to the ground holding their sides in agony after hearing words like that.
    I think you just don't understand that calling people certain names is as bad as being assaulted for some people.

In your opinion it might only "be words" but for a lot of people it's more than that.

In my opinion you're making light of racial abuse and being a little ignorant by calling it that. I don't think you're an idiot or anything I just disagree completely with your point of view when it comes to racism.

Fair enough though we are just going round in circles and I don't think there's anything else to be discussed.

Nor would I. Doesn't make it the correct course of action though, despite what you think.
    In an ideal world Emre would have been properly punished for it, the violence came about the next match because he hadn't been punished, showed no remote and even denied saying it.

In the original match there was no violence towards Emre but after that the correct course of action wasn't taken by the authorities so I can understand the other team wanting a little bit of justice even if it wasn't exactly the correct way to go about it.

I think you just don't understand that calling people certain names is as bad as being assaulted for some people.

In your opinion it might only "be words" but for a lot of people it's more than that.

In my opinion you're making light of racial abuse and being a little ignorant by calling it that. I don't think you're an idiot or anything I just disagree completely with your point of view when it comes to racism.

Fair enough though we are just going round in circles and I don't think there's anything else to be discussed.
    I see. Does anyone else think that being called certain names is as bad as being physically assaulted? Perhaps we could test it out by having a stranger call you your least favourite name and then kick you in the nuts and you can see for yourself which is worse.

In an ideal world Emre would have been properly punished for it, the violence came about the next match because he hadn't been punished, showed no remote and even denied saying it.

In the original match there was no violence towards Emre but after that the correct course of action wasn't taken by the authorities so I can understand the other team wanting a little bit of justice even if it wasn't exactly the correct way to go about it.
    So if you don't like the decision of the authorities then you should take matters into your own hands?

I see. Does anyone else think that being called certain names is as bad as being physically assaulted? Perhaps we could test it out by having a stranger call you your least favourite name and then kick you in the nuts and you can see for yourself which is worse.
    It's not just calling someone by their least favourite name

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    It's not just calling someone by their least favourite name
    Firstly, thanks for a reasonable response without the abuse.

Secondly I was talking to the board as a whole, so I couldn't use a specific term.

According to your own opinion, I owe you a smack in the mouth for all of the things you've called me in this thread.
    If i had called you a **** then yeah I'd probably expect one.

Your being really stupid now. Look at it on its own merit..he was called a ****ing ******..the bloke has form for it...he had it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    If i had called you a **** then yeah I'd probably expect one.

Your being really stupid now. Look at it on its own merit..he was called a ****ing ******..the bloke has form for it...he had it coming.
    Again with the insults. You just can't help yourself despite the topic of discussion, it would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Calling someone a name, regardless of how insulting the name is, does not give a person the right to physically assault someone and none of your mad ranting will change that.

Wouldn't burn him. But if he wasn't expecting a reaction then he's daft. Why else would you say it. I think whatever you get back is on( Emre's ) head if you use language like that. That's just my opinion the same as you've got yours mucka.

Wouldn't burn him. But if he wasn't expecting a reaction then he's daft. Why else would you say it. I think whatever you get back is on( Emre's ) head if you use language like that. That's just my opinion the same as you've got yours mucka.
    Well Emre was certainly running the risk of getting a clout, I'm just saying it's not right to react with violence to name calling and I'm glad most people in society don't react like that.

I still can't believe you're still actually comparing those tackles to assault, if that was the case then the majority of footballers would be in prison if it was up to you

Again with the insults. You just can't help yourself despite the topic of discussion, it would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Calling someone a name, regardless of how insulting the name is, does not give a person the right to physically assault someone and none of your mad ranting will change that.
    What insult? What ranting?

I still can't believe you're still actually comparing those tackles to assault, if that was the case then the majority of footballers would be in prison if it was up to you
    If those tackles weren't malicious then please explain to me why the title of the video is "Emre gets what's coming to him"?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    What insult? What ranting?
    Really? Have a read through your comments in this thread and figure it out for yourself.

If those tackles weren't malicious then please explain to me why the title of the video is "Emre gets what's coming to him"?
    What has the title got to do with it? If it's assault by your definition the majority of footballers should be charged

What has the title got to do with it? If it's assault by your definition the majority of footballers should be charged
    So despite the title of the video, the title of this thread, the shedload of comments on the Twitter video and in this thread about Emre "getting what's coming to him" and the video itself showing several unsavoury challenges, you don't see anything untoward about the tackles in the video?

If you're so willing to weave that kind of fiction to guard yourself from the truth then I just don't know what to say.

Well Emre was certainly running the risk of getting a clout, I'm just saying it's not right to react with violence to name calling and I'm glad most people in society don't react like that.
    No not right but I understand why he got kicked. I understand why some other lads had a go as well. Reckon I would if he said it to my mate n all. Rightly or wrongly but the good manners book was tossed out the window when Emre's opened his gob. That's just me.

No not right but I understand why he got kicked. I understand why some other lads had a go as well. Reckon I would if he said it to my mate n all. Rightly or wrongly but the good manners book was tossed out the window when Emre's opened his gob. That's just me.
    I just worry when we as a society start using phrases like "he got what was coming to him" over things like name calling, as nasty as it was.

I'd give up.

He's not letting it go, worse than G saying Ramsey is world class.