Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
It's does it a disservice calling it that.

A lot of bullying is only name calling but has lead to depression and suicide. Saying it's only name calling is an antiquated notion in my opinion, in the long term name calling can have just as much an effect as any sort of violence.

And is there much worse you can call someone that n*gger? Showing utter distain and disrespect for someone and seeing them as a lesser person based on the colour of their skin?
The thing is, because CC thinks that name calling is harmless (and I speak from the vantage point of being called a faggot by him, among many other things, purely because I have a viewpoint that differs from him). And, because he thinks it is harmless, therefore it is harmless.

Calling someone a **** is just harmless name calling.
Calling someone a effing N****r is just harmless name calling
Callings someone a fat tw@t is just harmless name calling.
It's all purely harmless. Until, the person at the receiving end decides to retaliate. Then it's no longer harmless - then the instigator is the victim.

Or, until the person at the receiving end goes home and locks themselves in their room to avoid being called names. CC lacks empathy, he sees the world through just his own eyes and if someone is offended at something he doesn't find offensive, then they are flawed. This is the perverse logic being applied.

Remember, Emre was fouled and decided his retaliation would be to use a racist insult. Zokora and his team mates decided that they had to take their own form of retribution.

I wonder if, say, the Reading centre-half calls Hoilett an effing N****r on Monday, and the Cardiff players decide to respond in the same way as Zokora's team mates responded, would CC deem it great team-spirit, or scandalous. Judging him purely on the different degrees of hypocrisy he has demonstrated in this thread, and in his own unsavoury behaviour over the years, I suspect I know the answer.