+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Emre racially abusing Didier Zokora and getting what was coming to him.

Re: Emre racially abusing Didier Zokora and getting what was coming to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    As I said, maybe, maybe not mob mentality but it is certainly no coincidence that the same three or four posters get involved in the majority of the spats on here.
    I get involved in threads in general.

Nobody (questionable) posts a first reply on a thread with the intention of arguing, takes 2 to tango as they say, differing opinions should never end up going the way this has.

A side point to Nelson, mob mentality would be a mob of people together berating a poster, this thread has separate posters individually replying to the colonel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I'm asking if the same would apply to me? I'm pretty sure he would say there is no excuse to hit a woman so to me that would be VIOLENCE WHEN IT SUITS, it's as simple as that.
    Until he answers the question, we are only guessing - I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    looking at the video, those were not just hard challenges but designed to injure a person,
    Seen a few like that Monday wolves v brum.

Last one was the only one that was as you state.

My view? If any of those tackles were considered to be assaults then I'm sure the referee would have dealt with them as such and sent the perpetrators off. Not sure any were sent off were they?
    Last one got a yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Your psychological profiling in the first 3 paragraphs feel really accurate to me.

Just my interpretation, but it feels to me that the lone wolf in this thread has little or no appreciation of the effects of mental health issues

I’ve encountered more devastating effects on lives from words (bullying,prejudice etc) than I ever have from violence. Maybe it’s juat that violence gets a higher profile.
    I have too. CC is the sort of bloke who would happily name call (from the safety of his bedroom in most cases), and then cry foul if someone decked him. If someone called me a tw@t, a ****, a faggot (funnily CC has called me all of those things, yet cries about insults in this very thread!) I would not look to retaliate violently. However, if I called someone some of those things, and they felt the only response was to kick me in the nuts, I don't think I'd have any complaints. I wouldn't deem the response appropriate, but the fact I have deliberately angered a person and lit the paper means I'd have very little moral ground on which to stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Until he answers the question, we are only guessing - I guess.
    Well if you were stupid enough to call a black bloke a nggr and were hit either by him or his black or white girlfriend or wife then I am afraid that's real life wether it's acceptable or not goes out the window , you have commited a racially motivated public order offence and he or she has assaulted you in response to that

It's up to the police and courts to deciede what is and what isn't acceptable

If you can up to the police and said a black man or black woman just punched me in the face because I called him a ****** I reckon they wouldn't treat it as the crime of the century

That's my view , I am not black , I don't go around hitting women but if I was black and someone racially abused me I don't know how I would react to what is extreme provocation

My view? If any of those tackles were considered to be assaults then I'm sure the referee would have dealt with them as such and sent the perpetrators off. Not sure any were sent off were they?
    The last one drew a yellow card.

Welcome to the mob btw

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    The last one drew a yellow card.

Welcome to the mob btw
    I am aware of the yellow now - Another poster kindly pointed that out earlier.

Your second comment I find quite strange to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well if you were stupid enough to call a black bloke a nggr and were hit either by him or his black or white girlfriend or wife then I am afraid that's real life wether it's acceptable or not goes out the window , you have commited a racially motivated public order offence and he or she has assaulted you in response to that

It's up to the police and courts to deciede what is and what isn't acceptable

If you can up to the police and said a black man or black woman just punched me in the face because I called him a ****** I reckon they wouldn't treat it as the crime of the century

That's my view , I am not black , I don't go around hitting women but if I was black and someone racially abused me I don't know how I would react to what is extreme provocation
    Your last point is the most pertinent. We are not black, we cannot truly understand the anger that the N word generates for many in the black community. I know people will now allude that my claim means that "White people can't get offended", but the truth is there is no term for labelling a white person that carries the connotations, history nor significance of the N word to the black community.

And, yes, the police would most likely approach such a scenario by asking if the racist wanted to press charges, bearing in mind that the police would then have to press charges for the racially motivated public order offence.

I have too. CC is the sort of bloke who would happily name call (from the safety of his bedroom in most cases), and then cry foul if someone decked him. If someone called me a tw@t, a ****, a faggot (funnily CC has called me all of those things, yet cries about insults in this very thread!) I would not look to retaliate violently. However, if I called someone some of those things, and they felt the only response was to kick me in the nuts, I don't think I'd have any complaints. I wouldn't deem the response appropriate, but the fact I have deliberately angered a person and lit the paper means I'd have very little moral ground on which to stand.
    Well reasoned

Where are your manners? Where is my thank you?

Way back a few pages I did point out that it drew a yellow.

“Welcome to the mob” is a nod to the fact that your opinion of said incidents appears to be consistent with that of what may not not be considered a mob.

Way back a few pages I did point out that it drew a yellow.

“Welcome to the mob” is a nod to the fact that your opinion of said incidents appears to be consistent with that of what may not not be considered a mob.
    My sincere apologies - I have not been through the thread in full and had missed you pointing out it was a yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Where are your manners? Where is my thank you?
    Possibly because I was first to mention the yellow card on page feckin two!!

He has form for it.
    Loves to Dish it out.
    Whines like a Baby if he gets it back.

Possibly because I was first to mention the yellow card on page feckin two!!
    Watch it sonny. No stealing my thunder. He states above he dodnt see your post..

Nick won't thank me though.

He's awful stubborn.

His posting etiquette states that he will insist raucheously a poster remove their slanderous post about his persona, but he won't apologise, cos it's me.

Quote Originally Posted by James fox View Post
    He has form for it.
    Loves to Dish it out.
    Sad to say that is my experience too. Very odd fellow indeed.

Sad to say that is my experience too. Very odd fellow indeed.
    All Attention is Good Attention to him.
    He just Loves Attention.
    Why?.
    Maybe Something from his Childhood?.

Instead of “sticks and stones may break my bones....” I have a new rhyme for virtue signallers, social justice warriors and snowflakes!

Slurs and names will hurt my brain
    Free speech is fascist thought crime

All Attention is Good Attention to him.
    He just Loves Attention.
    Why?.
    Maybe Something from his Childhood?.
    I think the colonel’s gone off on one a bit here, but I don’t think personal attacks are justified.

My sincere apologies - I have not been through the thread in full and had missed you pointing out it was a yellow.
    Once you've read the full thread I'm sure you will have a different opinion

Blog Entries

He has form for it.
    Loves to Dish it out.
    What a load of rubbish, I don't think he is bothered at all by the name calling, if someone calls you something instead of responding to what you have said then you are going to mention it aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    What a load of rubbish, I don't think he is bothered at all by the name calling, if someone calls you something instead of responding to what you have said then you are going to mention it aren't you?
    You're right, he isn't bothered. Which may explain why he can't comprehend how anyone else could possibly be affected by such abuse.

Blog Entries

You're right, he isn't bothered. Which may explain why he can't comprehend how anyone else could possibly be affected by such abuse.
    Do you get upset by people on here?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Once you've read the full thread I'm sure you will have a different opinion
    Different opinion of what?