+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Emre racially abusing Didier Zokora and getting what was coming to him.

Re: Emre racially abusing Didier Zokora and getting what was coming to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I just worry when we as a society start using phrases like "he got what was coming to him" over things like name calling, as nasty as it was.
    It's not like there's going to be a mess epidemic of people justifying shit behaviour by using that excuse.

Look at it in context..black people habe been horribly abused for centuries. He got called a black ****..Now read slowly and carefully

IN THIS INSTANCE he deserved it.

So despite the title of the video, the title of this thread, the shedload of comments on the Twitter video and in this thread about Emre "getting what's coming to him" and the video itself showing several unsavoury challenges, you don't see anything untoward about the tackles in the video?

If you're so willing to weave that kind of fiction to guard yourself from the truth then I just don't know what to say.
    They tackled him a bit harder and left in their foot for understandable reasons does two wrongs make a right? No! But what you've been saying all the way through this thread is that it's assault/battery and if that's the case the majority of footballers should be charged.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    They tackled him a bit harder and left in their foot for understandable reasons does two wrongs make a right? No! But what you've been saying all the way through this thread is that it's assault/battery and if that's the case the majority of footballers should be charged.
    Hes obviously not getting enough attention on his own forum

I just worry when we as a society start using phrases like "he got what was coming to him" over things like name calling, as nasty as it was.
    Don't think it says much about society when you can call someone that either. It happened on a football pitch and was settled there however unsatisfactory to all concerned. The video title is just bait I reckons. You make some interesting points. I can't help but disagree with some of them and that is all, nothing personal. Nice 1 mate.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    It's not like there's going to be a mess epidemic of people justifying shit behaviour by using that excuse.

Look at it in context..black people habe been horribly abused for centuries. He got called a black ****..Now read slowly and carefully

IN THIS INSTANCE he deserved it.
    "It's not like there's going to be a mess epidemic of people justifying shit behaviour by using that excuse."

Actually, that is precisely what could happen. The society we live in now is almost perfectly suited to allow people to feel justified in using violence against others they feel have slighted them in some way.

People like you saying that he "deserved" a violent reaction for using bad words is the exact environment that sort of attitude thrives in.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    If they intend to harm the player rather than to play football then yes, why shouldn't they be charged with assault?

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Don't think it says much about society when you can call someone that either. It happened on a football pitch and was settled there however unsatisfactory to all concerned. The video title is just bait I reckons. You make some interesting points. I can't help but disagree with some of them and that is all, nothing personal. Nice 1 mate.
    You're right, it doesn't say much about society when people use racist language towards each other. Violence won't solve that though.

I'd give up.

He's not letting it go, worse than G saying Ramsey is world class.
    He is just after Attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Repeatedly physically abuse? It was a couple of little kicks.
    https://youtu.be/clM1i88s-7Q

1:30

"It's not like there's going to be a mess epidemic of people justifying shit behaviour by using that excuse."

Actually, that is precisely what could happen. The society we live in now is almost perfectly suited to allow people to feel justified in using violence against others they feel have slighted them in some way.

People like you saying that he "deserved" a violent reaction for using bad words is the exact environment that sort of attitude thrives in.
    I give up.

Go play with someone else.

If i saw anyone react like that to racial abuse I'd shake the person's hand. No room for it anywhere. Violence isn't the answer.. but IN THIS PARTICULAR incident.. on a football field..I don't see the harm. It's not like kids in school will mimic the behaviour..
    If he had done it off the field then I absolutely would agree with you.

To make it easier for you..

Do I agree with Roy Keanes violent reaction? No.

Do I agree with this? Yes.

Hope this helps.

To make it easier for you..

Do I agree with Roy Keanes violent reaction? No.

Do I agree with this? Yes.

Hope this helps.
    I wasn't actually having trouble noticing that you agreed with the actions in the video.

Hope this helps.

I give up.

Go play with someone else.

If i saw anyone react like that to racial abuse I'd shake the person's hand. No room for it anywhere. Violence isn't the answer.. but IN THIS PARTICULAR incident.. on a football field..I don't see the harm. It's not like kids in school will mimic the behaviour..
    If he had done it off the field then I absolutely would agree with you.
    Yes it is.

So has anybody conceded any ground or changed their mind yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    So has anybody conceded any ground or changed their mind yet?
    I'm pretty sure Sludge is a staunch racist now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Maybe just a withering look. 
    Ahh good to know everyone gets treated the same.

She would "get what was coming to her" because as we know from this thread there's no excuse for racist name calling.

The cognitive dissonance is strong in this thread. It's full of people who inexplicably consider themselves 'right on' whilst trying to justify unnecessary violence. Whole world is like it now.
    I thought there was no excuse for hitting a woman either? I'm getting confused here, so the message is violence is ok when it suits?

It's does it a disservice calling it that.

A lot of bullying is only name calling but has lead to depression and suicide. Saying it's only name calling is an antiquated notion in my opinion, in the long term name calling can have just as much an effect as any sort of violence.

And is there much worse you can call someone that n*gger? Showing utter distain and disrespect for someone and seeing them as a lesser person based on the colour of their skin?
    The thing is, because CC thinks that name calling is harmless (and I speak from the vantage point of being called a faggot by him, among many other things, purely because I have a viewpoint that differs from him). And, because he thinks it is harmless, therefore it is harmless.

Calling someone a **** is just harmless name calling.
    Calling someone a effing N****r is just harmless name calling
    Callings someone a fat tw@t is just harmless name calling.
    It's all purely harmless. Until, the person at the receiving end decides to retaliate. Then it's no longer harmless - then the instigator is the victim.

Or, until the person at the receiving end goes home and locks themselves in their room to avoid being called names. CC lacks empathy, he sees the world through just his own eyes and if someone is offended at something he doesn't find offensive, then they are flawed. This is the perverse logic being applied.

Remember, Emre was fouled and decided his retaliation would be to use a racist insult. Zokora and his team mates decided that they had to take their own form of retribution.

I wonder if, say, the Reading centre-half calls Hoilett an effing N****r on Monday, and the Cardiff players decide to respond in the same way as Zokora's team mates responded, would CC deem it great team-spirit, or scandalous. Judging him purely on the different degrees of hypocrisy he has demonstrated in this thread, and in his own unsavoury behaviour over the years, I suspect I know the answer.

Thanks again for the abuse for having a different opinion from you though. Good job.
    Oh Jesus H Christ. Like you've never resorted to abuse when someone has a different opinion to you. Deary me.

most adults can just shake that kind of childish name calling off rather than getting embroiled in violence over something so trivial.
    But, some people cannot. So, is that their problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

I thought there was no excuse for hitting a woman either? I'm getting confused here, so the message is violence is ok when it suits?
    'ark at the feminist here.

People weren't walking up to Emre and punching him. They were trying to win the ball off him during a football game - really badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

You could fill the British library with book on things that confuse you to be fair.

The shldve noked him out. I wldve noked him out

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    'ark at the feminist here.

People weren't walking up to Emre and punching him. They were trying to win the ball off him during a football game - really badly.
    I'm not a feminist, I want equality not extra rights for women like those nutters.

I'm not really talking about the game, Sludge said that if CC were to go down the bay tonight and make a racist comment he would deserve a kicking, I'm asking if the same would apply to me? I'm pretty sure he would say there is no excuse to hit a woman so to me that would be VIOLENCE WHEN IT SUITS, it's as simple as that.

You could fill the British library with book on things that confuse you to be fair.
    Aww an insult on your first reply to me, what a shocker. xx

A feminist only wants equal rights, thats the exact definition of a feminist. You can't let the odd idiot cloud your view of that.

*It's a joke not an insult.

Only words remember 🙄