+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Emre racially abusing Didier Zokora and getting what was coming to him.

Re: Emre racially abusing Didier Zokora and getting what was coming to him.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    It's just name calling as you say
    Glad you agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Not on a windup, clown is debatable, you don't condone kicking anyone but then you do.

Calling someone racist names is worse than just normal name calling and I wouldn't do it myself because I'm not a racist but that's what it is, name calling - fact.

Thanks again for the abuse for having a different opinion from you though. Good job.
    Someone slapped your missus arse when your out, what do you do?

Not on a windup, clown is debatable, you don't condone kicking anyone but then you do.

Calling someone racist names is worse than just normal name calling and I wouldn't do it myself because I'm not a racist but that's what it is, name calling - fact.

Thanks again for the abuse for having a different opinion from you though. Good job.
    It's more than name calling it's pure ignorant hatred you can say it's only words all you want but it's much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Someone slapped your missus arse when your out, what do you do?
    I'll answer that if you can explain to me how it's relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's more than name calling it's pure ignorant hatred you can say it's only words all you want but it's much more than that.
    It is name calling though. Nasty names with weight behind them, but name calling nonetheless.

I'll answer that if you can explain to me how it's relevant.
    Your trying to say he shouldn't have kicked him..emre offended him so he lashed out.
    Would you lash out if someone offended you?

I'll go a bit further, **** it, someone walks past you and your kid and calls them a ****. It's just a word. Do you walk on?
    (Used **** just to slap the point across a bit)

It is name calling though. Nasty names with weight behind them, but name calling nonetheless.
    It's does it a disservice calling it that.

A lot of bullying is only name calling but has lead to depression and suicide. Saying it's only name calling is an antiquated notion in my opinion, in the long term name calling can have just as much an effect as any sort of violence.

And is there much worse you can call someone that n*gger? Showing utter distain and disrespect for someone and seeing them as a lesser person based on the colour of their skin?

Your trying to say he shouldn't have kicked him..emre offended him so he lashed out.
    Would you lash out if someone offended you?

I'll go a bit further, **** it, someone walks past you and your kid and calls them a ****. It's just a word. Do you walk on?
    (Used **** just to slap the point across a bit)
    I don't know how I'd react in either of those situations.

What I do know is that if I was to lash out violently I would be in the wrong unless I was trying to protect myself or my kid/wife from physical harm.

If I did lash out, say kicking someone in the bollocks for example, I doubt I'd have the Internet cheering me on and I'd fully expect to be prosecuted by the law for assault and battery, possibly GBH. The police certainly wouldn't take "but he called me a name" as an excuse and rightly so.

It's does it a disservice calling it that.

A lot of bullying is only name calling but has lead to depression and suicide. Saying it's only name calling is an antiquated notion in my opinion, in the long term name calling can have just as much an effect as any sort of violence.

And is there much worse you can call someone that n*gger? Showing utter distain and disrespect for someone and seeing them as a lesser person based on the colour of their skin?
    I agree, it's a terrible name to call someone.

Doesn't give the person carte blanche to physically assault someone though, does it?

I agree, it's a terrible name to call someone.

Doesn't give the person carte blanche to physically assault someone though, does it?
    No it doesn't give carte blanche but a he got a couple of kicks up the arse and he had been asking for it.

I don't know how I'd react in either of those situations.

What I do know is that if I was to lash out violently I would be in the wrong unless I was trying to protect myself or my kid/wife from physical harm.

If I did lash out, say kicking someone in the bollocks for example, I doubt I'd have the Internet cheering me on and I'd fully expect to be prosecuted by the law for assault and battery, possibly GBH. The police certainly wouldn't take "but he called me a name" as an excuse and rightly so.
    Give over mate.

It's not as black and white as that.

If I called you a wanker repeatedly in front of your family and you lashed out, yes you'd get charged, but any reasonable person could justify it.

No it doesn't give carte blanche but a he got a couple of kicks up the arse and he had been asking for it.
    I'm sure you're able to convince yourself that's a progressive opinion to hold.

Give over mate.

It's not as black and white as that.

If u called you a wanker repeatedly in front of your family and you lashed out, yes you'd get charged, but any reasonable person could justify it.
    Imagine the chaos if the world was actually the way you think it is.

If they had broken his legs or knocked his teeth out or had all surrounded him on the floor kicking him I'd have said different but they give him a couple of hard kicks during a football match because he'd racially abused one of their team mates.

You seem to be having trouble aggregating things. Like calling there is a spectrum of name calling just as there is a spectrum of violence. You wouldn't get charged with assault for booting someone up the arse in the street just as you wouldn't be charged for calling someone a fat git.

I'm sure you're able to convince yourself that's a progressive opinion to hold.
    I don't convince myself that it's falling in line with anything. That's just my opinion that racism is bad and you're asking for it.

Actions have consequences hence why free speech works. You can't say what you want with carte blanche either.

Imagine the chaos if the world was actually the way you think it is.
    And what way do I think it is?

If i call you a **** I deserve a slap.

Call someone ****** they deserve a slap.

If they had broken his legs or knocked his teeth out or had all surrounded him on the floor kicking him I'd have said different but they give him a couple of hard kicks during a football match because he'd racially abused one of their team mates.

You seem to be having trouble aggregating things. Like calling there is a spectrum of name calling just as there is a spectrum of violence. You wouldn't get charged with assault for booting someone up the arse in the street just as you wouldn't be charged for calling someone a fat git.
    So a kick in the bollocks is a fine retort for calling some a racial name in your book?

And I'm the one "having trouble aggregating things"?

And what way do I think it is?

If i call you a **** I deserve a slap.

Call someone ****** they deserve a slap.
    Well thankfully I (and the law) disagree with you.

So a kick in the bollocks is a fine retort for calling some a racial name in your book?

And I'm the one "having trouble aggregating things"?
    Yep completely fine. Just as I wouldn't be against someone getting punched for calling someone a fat **** or slapped for calling someone a slut.

You can't wander through life saying what you want with no consequence.

Bore off you ****ing idiot.

There's no place for racism anywhere and his team did well to stand by him.

You aren't going to get any reaction from the law for kicking someone in the bollocks after being racially abused.

Bore off you ****ing idiot.

There's no place for racism anywhere and his team did well to stand by him.
    According to your own opinion, I owe you a smack in the mouth for all of the things you've called me in this thread.

Yep completely fine. Just as I wouldn't be against someone getting punched for calling someone a fat **** or slapped for calling someone a slut.

You can't wander through life saying what you want with no consequence.
    Yes, this is why we have the law.

As far as being called fat or a slut, luckily most adults can just shake that kind of childish name calling off rather than getting embroiled in violence over something so trivial.

You aren't going to get any reaction from the law for kicking someone in the bollocks after being racially abused.
    I'm pretty sure you can get charged for assault and battery even if you've been called a nasty name beforehand.

Yes, this is why we have the law.

As far as being called fat or a slut, luckily most adults can just shake that kind of childish name calling off rather than getting embroiled in violence over something so trivial.
    The thing is there wouldn't be any retribution from the law in most cases of calling someone a n*gger hence why they'd get a punch for it.