Re: Caliburn

Good poster and is sorely missed.
    Enjoyed his posts.

Add my name too

And me all the best Caliburn

Just to say that I've just spoken to Cal on the phone this morning. I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned before on here that he has Parkinsons and he sounded a bit vague when we first started speaking (he had trouble recalling who I was). When he realised who I was though, he gradually began to sound like the witty and clever poster he was on here (he made me laugh when he said that he probably wouldn't be able to fit into our midfield any more) and he ended by thanking me for "making his morning". He also passed on Christmas greetings to all of the users of the board.

I'll send a card to him tomorrow and include all of the names of those who have contributed to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just to say that I've just spoken to Cal on the phone this morning. I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned before on here that he has Parkinsons and he sounded a bit vague when we first started speaking (he had trouble recalling who I was). When he realised who I was though, he gradually began to sound like the witty and clever poster he was on here (he made me laugh when he said that he probably wouldn't be able to fit into our midfield any more) and he ended by thanking me for "making his morning". He also passed on Christmas greetings to all of the users of the board.

I'll send a card to him tomorrow and include all of the names of those who have contributed to this thread.
    Fantastic, thanks Bob. Certainly cheered up my Monday

I don't recall this being mentioned before and I'm sorry to hear he's got Parkinson's, but it's nice to know he's still with us. It doesn't seem to have affected his sense of humour thankfully

Thank you for letting us know about the conversation and for passing on his Xmas greetings

Cheers TOBW, glad he’s still around. Didn’t know about his health but hope he’s with us for a long time to come.

Good to hear he is still around. His posts were legendary and always bought a smile.

That’s good to hear Bob.

As others have said, a witty and engaging character who made a huge contribution to this place back in the day.

Nice to hear he’s still doing ok.

Great stuff.

Great to hear that you've spoken to him.

Thanks for doing so.

Thanks Bob. All the best Cal.

Just written the card and I'll post it on the way to tonight's match - all contributors to this thread were mentioned.

Just written the card and I'll post it on the way to tonight's match - all contributors to this thread were mentioned.
    Nice one Bob, glad you got in touch with him.
    As I said above, sorely missed.