+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speeding Ticket

Re: Speeding Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Fcuk me they work well dont they.
    I have driven about a million miles over the past thirty years Jeeps. No exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    I have my course lined up for Feb.

I was only just over the percentage too, and I'm a very diligent driver.
    I see clowns driving like utter clowns and they always seem to get away with it.

Good luck Gwapo.
    You see clowns driving like clowns?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I have driven about a million miles over the past thirty years Jeeps. No exaggeration.
    Have you ever had a crash speeding?

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Worked well then

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    yes the fecking clowns

Small car .. honkety fecking honk horn, legs sticking out the doors, bits falling off. .. Think they are amusing I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Have you ever had a crash speeding?
    Nope. Although I have managed to reverse into a motor bike, a gate and a pillar over the years!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Nope. Although I have managed to reverse into a motor bike, a gate and a pillar over the years!

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    From what I understand, the guideline (not the law) is to give you 10% + 2 mph leeway, which in your case makes the limit 68, so 3 mph over which puts you in band A

I reckon you'll be offered the course, worst case 3 points and a £100 fine (either option gives your insurance company carte blanche to screw you over on renewal time I believe)

I'm 99% certain that the percentge of your salary thing, is only for serious offences and repeat offenders that end up in court
    That's a myth. I'm afraid.

It's a bloody circus out there.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Yeah bloody women drivers.

International

No, Like utter clowns.
    Does this mean that the reast of the time they're not putting 100% into their chosen occupation?

International

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I tend to agree, and even if it isn't then when you are in a 60 zone, the camera might not activate until you are doing 67 but then the penalty notice will say you were 7 miles over the limit.

International

Another question to the knowledgable of this communtiy.
    do the variable speed cameras on the motorway flash when they take a photo of a speeding vehicle?

I ask because I have never seen it happen but the other day I was driving on the M62 in rush hour traffic and a couple of times I seemed to notice a flash, (Not at my by the way). as I say, I've never seen that before. does anyone know for certain?

Phew, todays post..... been offered choice of fixed penalty, speed awareness or court. Ill take the awareness course. It'll be for the third time - I should have learnt by now eh? Ive been driving over 30 years so perhaps its not so bad when taken over that period

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Phew, todays post..... been offered choice of fixed penalty, speed awareness or court. Ill take the awareness course. It'll be for the third time - I should have learnt by now eh? Ive been driving over 30 years so perhaps its not so bad when taken over that period
    That would be great comfort if you hit and kill a pedestrian who would have survived had you kept within the speed limit. Just did the course myself and thought it very useful and informative.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    That would be great comfort if you hit and kill a pedestrian who would have survived had you kept within the speed limit. Just did the course myself and thought it very useful and informative.
    Agree it is informative. However, the impact does fade with time.

Not an excuse but there wouldn't have been pedestrians, I was on the A465. My speed was clearly over the limit and l'll take my medicine but it wasn't so bad in context. I'm not a boy racer and it wasn't excessive speed in a residential area. 71 mph in the dry on an A road isn't stupid quick

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    do the variable speed cameras on the motorway flash when they take a photo of a speeding vehicle?

I ask because I have never seen it happen but the other day I was driving on the M62 in rush hour traffic and a couple of times I seemed to notice a flash, (Not at my by the way). as I say, I've never seen that before. does anyone know for certain?
    Yes they flash

Not an excuse but there wouldn't have been pedestrians, I was on the A465. My speed was clearly over the limit and l'll take my medicine but it wasn't so bad in context. I'm not a boy racer and it wasn't excessive speed in a residential area. 71 mph in the dry on an A road isn't stupid quick
    Looks like that section of the A465 is lit. Therefore the speed limit is 60mph. Confusing but, having been on two speed awareness courses, that's the limit. No lighting and the limit would be 70mph on a dual carriageway.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Looks like that section of the A465 is lit. Therefore the speed limit is 60mph. Confusing but, having been on two speed awareness courses, that's the limit. No lighting and the limit would be 70mph on a dual carriageway.
    Lighting has nothing to do with speedlimits - the distance between lamposts does.

Britain's richest MP gets a £300 fine on the income test!

http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/rea...anned-14061617

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Yes they flash
    Can confirm that. Was on the M5 near Birmingham yesterday when the variable speed limit changed to 40mph. The cars in front of me were both "flashed" which luckily for me ensured that I was under 40 as I passed!!

That part of the 465 must generate loads of money. I use it quite a few times every day and loads of cars go whizzing past me.

Breaking distances in case of accident etc. By the way, for those of you with daughters: it was stated that the major killer of young women is death in car accidents when being driven by their boyfriends!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

They flash where the M4 meets the M5 near Bristol on that SMART motorway.

They do about 4.000 drivers a month along there.

I always go carefully.