+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well done that lady

Well done that lady

Breakthrough' deal in Brexit talks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42277040

Come on lets say well done , she has been beaten up by so many, disliked by millions , laughed at , attacked, plotted against in and out of the party , but hey stuck at it, I'm not a fan , however I do like someone who does not give up ,could have quit after election , she'd make a fine midfield general ,sign up up Neil.

Re: Well done that lady

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Breakthrough' deal in Brexit talks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42277040

Come on lets say well done , she has been beaten up by so many, disliked by millions , laughed at , attacked, plotted against in and out of the party , but hey stuck at it, I'm not a fan , however I do like someone who does not give up ,could have quit after election , she'd make a fine midfield general ,sign up up Neil.
    Maybe this negotiating experience might teach her a bit of humility after her right wing sucking up after she won the leadership contest with her shit liberal
    elites speech and speaking like the high priestess of leave even though she voted remain.

I’m not a fan but I’d rather her then some of the other ****wits on her party

What breakthrough. She has just given into everything as far as I can see. She could have done that ages ago n we could be sorting the hard stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Maybe this negotiating experience might teach her a bit of humility after her right wing sucking up after she won the leadership contest with her shit liberal
    elites speech and speaking like the high priestess of leave even though she voted remain.

I’m not a fan but I’d rather her then some of the other ****wits on her party
    Yes think your right there was a sniff of cockyness about her , brought down to earth by the electorate, maybe she will turn into a type of Kenneth Zohore ,not rated then boom hero of the hour ,poster girl on our walls
    😉

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    What breakthrough. She has just given into everything as far as I can see. She could have done that ages ago n we could be sorting the hard stuff out.
    But the lady was in her ""not for turning mode "

Not really tough enough to follow that act.

Not sure what LoM is trying to say.

British Gov't and EU managed to cobble something together today, last-gasp , at risk of it all imploding. And May falling to bits.

'Well done' .

Now the work starts. David Davis better get looking into the impact. Might be helpful Get some extra help in if they know that they cant manage it ..eh..

On a personal level there was a risk that she would not make it to this stage given the weakness of her position. That said it was probably this weakness that allowed this point to be reached. The EU negotiators, Brexiteers in her Cabinet or the DUP could all have thrown her under the bus and scuppered an agreement. They probably had different motivations for not doing so:

The EU quite relish the weakness of her position. They have achieved almost all of the negotiating goals they started with without really breaking sweat. Propping her up for the next phase for a bit more of the same and that she is a known quantity not knowing wat would follow;

The last thing the Brexiteers in the Cabinet or with leadership aspirations want is to actually have some accountability for delivering the next phase of transition and agreement. They would much rather to piss on something of someone else's making and say Brexit would have been fine if not handled by unbelievers;

The DUP haven't been given their ransom money for propping up the government yet and losing that leverage and risking replacing May with a "republican sympathiser" meant that they played their veto card as far as they probably could.

Three puppeteers all with the ability to yank her to the floor but happy for now to keep her on her feet.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Given the choice of May (I dont even know who her deputy is) and Hammond against Corbyn, McDonnell, Abbott etc , it's a win for May on points. There would have to be a new Labour leader and chancellor , plus the death of momentum for me to consider voting for them at the moment.

Maybe Dave Milliband perhaps or the other brother (not Ed)

Glenn

Glenn Millerband

David Milliband may yet go down with the Clinton ship

She's a waste of space

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    She's a waste of space
    Whose your choice to negotiate the deal, and what are your favoured points of negotiation