+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New U2 Long Player

New U2 Long Player

Never thought I'd say this about anything else they ever produced but the new release aint all that bad.

Re: New U2 Long Player

Yeah pleasantly surprised,dont think I've really liked a U2 album since Achtung Baby but this sound hell of a lot better than anything they've done in a while.

Is it free on i tunes again as a pre paid profit album

The last album I liked by U2 was the Joshua tree

A great anthemic rock band in their day but after the Joshua tree they vanished up their own arses

Songs like I will follow , seconds , bad etc are classic , they were amazing at live aid

I echo what sludge said.
    I used to love them 30 years ago.
    I heard the latest effort on the radio it just sounds like generic U2 music from after the year 1990.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I echo what sludge said.
    I used to love them 30 years ago.
    I heard the latest effort on the radio it just sounds like generic U2 music from after the year 1990.
    All bands have their time in the sun , I loved led Zeppelin but in through the out door , their last studio album , was poor in my opinion

Sabbath were great but their later studio albums with Ozzy were nothing special

I heard the single plugged to hell on Radio 2
    I didn't like it at all.
    I've liked much (not all) of their stuff in the past, despite it being infra dig to like them.

I disagree that all of their output post 1980's was poor - 'Achtung Baby', 'All that you cant leave behind' and 'How to dismantle an Atomic Bomb' all had some very decent stuff on them. And 'Pop' was alright too. After HTDaAB I lost interest.

I'll give it a listen.

The single is not a great representation of the album.
    The last memorable U2 track was Vertigo in my opinion, this album is probably closer to that kind of U2.

Still not a patch on the earlier stuff though.

The new Manics tune is a belter though.

As the resident U2 fan club member on here I’m really enjoying it.

The Blackout is an awesome tune. I was going to tell you all this but was scared of get lynched 😃

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    As the resident U2 fan club member on here I’m really enjoying it.

The Blackout is an awesome tune. I was going to tell you all this but was scared of get lynched ��
    I can imagine your trepidation opening this thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I can imagine your trepidation opening this thread..
    I was going to say nothing and run off 😃

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The last album I liked by U2 was the Joshua tree

A great anthemic rock band in their day but after the Joshua tree they vanished up their own arses

Songs like I will follow , seconds , bad etc are classic , they were amazing at live aid
    I agree Sludge, Bad is my stand out fave track, especially live at red rocks. Boy was good, War was great and I loved the iconic JT, but after that as some would say Hmmmmmmm !

Been with them for a long time, after seeing them in St Davids Hall in the early 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    The single is not a great representation of the album.
    The last memorable U2 track was Vertigo in my opinion, this album is probably closer to that kind of U2.

Still not a patch on the earlier stuff though.

The new Manics tune is a belter though.
    Lovin' the new MSP song