+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gigg's confirms interest in Welsh job...

Gigg's confirms interest in Welsh job...

Think this is going to happen. Apart from his sexual peccadilloes, absences from the Welsh team, lack of charisma and unpopularity with a lot of Welsh fans, seems like the ideal choice. I actually think it's worth a go.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42292823

Re: Gigg's confirms interest in Welsh job...

It wouldn't surprise me what's hiddink doing these days

The more I think of Giggs and compare it to how I thought of Coleman the more I see that if he does get I will just give him every chance . Wouldn't be my choice but Coleman wouldn't have been either.

Sounds increasingly like it might happen.
    I suppose timing is fairly on our side, nothing major imminent, perhaps give him a go. If he is not up to it, I guess he won't be around too long.

I think Wales should think hard and long before taking
    a leap with an fairly in experienced manager as Giggs, who was number two with Coleman ?

I'm warming to the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think Wales should think hard and long before taking
    a leap with an fairly in experienced manager as Giggs, who was number two with Coleman ?
    Osian Roberts. He would be my choice, he’s got experience, is respected by the players, fans and his peers, and wouldn’t disrupt the tightness and unity of the squad. Preferably with Craig Bellamy as assistant.

Mark Hughes might be in the job centre come Monday

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Mark Hughes might be in the job centre come Monday
    No thanks, he’s in the same bracket as Moyes, Pardew et al

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Osian Roberts. He would be my choice, he’s got experience, is respected by the players, fans and his peers, and wouldn’t disrupt the tightness and unity of the squad. Preferably with Craig Bellamy as assistant.
    Trollope was a highly regarded coach. Shit manager.

Why put Roberts in a position he may not be good at, may not want and ruin what he's been brilliant at, developing youngsters?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

Why put Roberts in a position he may not be good at, may not want and ruin what he's been brilliant at, developing youngsters?
    Because Trollope was a crap manager, that doesn’t mean that OR would be.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

Isn't that the point Wales has a batch of youngsters still learning and developing, who better to grow with them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Bingo
    Bonus Ball 👍

Osian must stay whatever. I was hoping he wouldn't throw his hat in the ring cause getting looked over for a job might be enough reason to leave to be a tech somewhere else.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    The more I think of Giggs and compare it to how I thought of Coleman the more I see that if he does get I will just give him every chance . Wouldn't be my choice but Coleman wouldn't have been either.
    Coleman was my choice, though I was doubting it after around 6 games in.

Of the Welsh candidates, Giggs is way behind Osian or Carl Robinson for me.

Osian Roberts for me too. He has been crucial in the past few years and must not be lost to the national team.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Coleman was my choice, though I was doubting it after around 6 games in.

Of the Welsh candidates, Giggs is way behind Osian or Carl Robinson for me.
    It's a tough one. I just want the best man for the job. That might not be a Welshman. I love Osh n the fact that he speaks Welsh makes me like him even more but being hard headed I wondering if we shouldn't keep all options o

It's a tough one. I just want the best man for the job. That might not be a Welshman. I love Osh n the fact that he speaks Welsh makes me like him even more but being hard headed I wondering if we shouldn't keep all options o
    Sorry mate my phones a bit shot. All options open I was gonna say.. Like unearthing a Marco Silva type. As much of a gamble as the names being banded about.

I’d go with this train of thought if Giggs gets the gig.
    If he were to take the job and get us to the next Euro finals, then that would go a long way to him making up for missing so many games as a player.
    As you say, when Coleman took over there was mass disappointment amongst the fans, but look what he ended up achieving.

Osian should stay in his present job finding and developing young players and coaches as his only managerial experience is in the Welsh League with Giggs replacing Coleman with Bellamy as his assistant. Those who say he has no experience,he was assistant manager at Man Utd one of biggest clubs in world for 3years and caretaker for 4 games. He can also get free advise from Sir Alex whenever required?
    Gary Speed was assistant manager of Sheffield Utd for only a year before getting Welsh job and Coleman's record as a Manager wasn't brilliant and Mark Hughes has no Managerial experience but like Giggs and Bellamy had respect of players because they have been there and done it at the highest level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Osian should stay in his present job finding and developing young players and coaches as his only managerial experience is in the Welsh League with Giggs replacing Coleman with Bellamy as his assistant. Those who say he has no experience,he was assistant manager at Man Utd one of biggest clubs in world for 3years and caretaker for 4 games. He can also get free advise from Sir Alex whenever required?
    Gary Speed was assistant manager of Sheffield Utd for only a year before getting Welsh job and Coleman's record as a Manager wasn't brilliant and Mark Hughes has no Managerial experience but like Giggs and Bellamy had respect of players because they have been there and done it at the highest level.
    Do you remember OGS

OGS was only reserve team manager at Man Utd, Giggs three years as assistant was with 1st Team managing top players not kids?

Blue in the Face

Osian has managed. He has also trained all of the other favourites on the list.

Giggs with Osian as assistant is the winning formula without a doubt.