Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
To make an England squad is still a good achievement that I can't see being matched by Bogle or Healey

He's been unlucky with injuries but came back stronger to score 21 goals for Burnley

Its generally agreed that the level that you play at in your mid 20s is roughly where you'll stay for some time, sure you get the occasional Jamie Vardy but, more often then not, 24/25 is when players stop developing hugely

Bogle does have a smaller sample size, which counts against him compared to Ings' larger sample size
Again, England caps have been at times devalued - Bothroyd for example. Do I see Healey getting one? Almost certainly not. Bogle, probably not but you never know.

You say he's been unlucky with injuries but the injuries have been to both knees throughout his career and have been worse injuries as his career has gone on. That suggests he's been subject to training regimes that haven't helped or there's something mechanically making him more prone to those injuries. Granted there are many examples of players being nursed through seasons with bad knees ( Paul McGrath the most notable ) but I can't think of many strikers.

There's a lot of validity to the mid 20s point, I'd not disagree with that to be fair.

The point I was making about the sample size would be a more accurate comparison would be when Bogle has played more games at this level. If it scaled Ings to his first twenty odd games then the figures would be very different.

What we know is Ings made his way up from Bournemouth. Bogle lost his way so his route to the championship was longer and slower than Ings.

I just think that people are undervaluing our players to be honest. Zohore hasn't scored many this season but was causing opposition defenders no end of trouble, even Wolvesalona. Ward may be limited but works his socks off for the cause. Bogle has come in and scored goals. I just don't think if Ings did arrive that he'd do a better job than those players we already have.