+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Danny Ings....?

Re: Danny Ings....?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Why is there more potential in Bogle than Ings? Bogle is 24, Ings is 25, Ings has an England cap and scored 11 goals for struggling Burnley in the Premier League and performed well enough for Liverpool to sign him. Comparing the two is stretching it a bit

And compared to Healey? You're having a laugh, right?
    Liverpool signing a player doesn't make that player a great one. England cap? Have you seen some of the players with England caps?

Comparing Bogle to Ings is hardy a stretch; Bogle has a record, Wigan aside of scoring at whatever level he's played. Scoring wise, Ings had one good season in the Championship following on from two distinctly average ones. As I said, that season in the Prem with Burnley was decent enough. Bogle for me offers more as he's two footed, good enough in the air.

The claim made was that Ings ( having had two serious knee injuries ) is a cut above our strikers. I'd say looking at those four strikers of ours, no. Healey offers far more pace than Ings, at this point in time should he recover well enough has more upside to him than Ings has. Ings has hit his peak.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Liverpool signing a player doesn't make that player a great one. England cap? Have you seen some of the players with England caps?

Comparing Bogle to Ings is hardy a stretch; Bogle has a record, Wigan aside of scoring at whatever level he's played. Scoring wise, Ings had one good season in the Championship following on from two distinctly average ones. As I said, that season in the Prem with Burnley was decent enough. Bogle for me offers more as he's two footed, good enough in the air.

The claim made was that Ings ( having had two serious knee injuries ) is a cut above our strikers. I'd say looking at those four strikers of ours, no. Healey offers far more pace than Ings, at this point in time should he recover well enough has more upside to him than Ings has. Ings has hit his peak.
    You can't disregard Bogle's time with Wigan just because he was poor and it doesn't fit your argument, Ings scored more Football League goals in one season than Bogle has in 3, Ings also got 11 for a hugely defensive side in the Premier League. I like Bogle but to say he's on a par with or is a better option even than Ings makes no sense to me

Are you genuinely saying that Rhys Healey is a better option than Danny Ings? Healey's never scored more than 6 goals in one season in professional football and that was with Newport

Yes, one England cap doesn't make a player world class, but you still have to be of a certain standard to get one, do you think Bogle or Healey will ever be in contention for one?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Zohore on his way back.
    Bogle and Ward with the other long term injured striker (can't think of his name at the moment) and our Belgian friend who hasn't really featured.
    Infant see us signing a striker in January
    And two others to return Harris and Healey , let's stick to our own ,avoid overpaid chap's.

You can't disregard Bogle's time with Wigan just because he was poor and it doesn't fit your argument, Ings scored more Football League goals in one season than Bogle has in 3, Ings also got 11 for a hugely defensive side in the Premier League. I like Bogle but to say he's on a par with or is a better option even than Ings makes no sense to me

Are you genuinely saying that Rhys Healey is a better option than Danny Ings? Healey's never scored more than 6 goals in one season in professional football and that was with Newport

Yes, one England cap doesn't make a player world class, but you still have to be of a certain standard to get one, do you think Bogle or Healey will ever be in contention for one?
    What was Ings record the season before his breakout Championship season? 3 in 32 games. If you look at his big seasons he's had 2 - the promotion season and I'd agree he did well in the Prem with Burnley at the time. If you look at all league games, Ings record is just over 3 games per goal. Granted, he's had two serious injuries but those two good years appear to have been the exception.

Bogle it's 2 games per goal. Scored at whatever level. The Wigan stint, things didn't go well. Wigan were poor; the point being that poor single season was very much the exception to Bogle's career whereas good easons are the exception to Ings career. Factor in differences between the players - Bogle able to use either foot, better in air, the bad injuries Ings has had along with the type of player Warnock wants then I'd hardly call Ings a cut above Bogle - especially if you also add in transfer fee and wages.

Zohore? Better than Ings by a mile. Zohore has all the physical qualities to be the prototype striker in vogue these days - height, pace, power.

Healey is a better option when you consider his role in the squad - which would be fourth choice behind Zohore, Bogle and Ward. Again, it's about the upside to the player. IMO, Ings has peaked, possibly peaked when he was at Burnley. The injuries will have taken something from his game.

Will Healey surpass Ings? Maybe, maybe not. Football doesn't work out that way. if he can achieve his maximum potential, he's got a higher ceiling than Ings imo.

England cap? Michael Ricketts has an England cap. Jay Bothroyd has an England cap. Keith Curle. John Fashanu. Carlton Palmer. If you're claiming you have to be of a certain standard, the bar is set very low tbh.

To turn the question around, would people pick Ings over Zohore? Ward? Bogle? Right now I can't see any justification for making that move.

What was Ings record the season before his breakout Championship season? 3 in 32 games. If you look at his big seasons he's had 2 - the promotion season and I'd agree he did well in the Prem with Burnley at the time. If you look at all league games, Ings record is just over 3 games per goal. Granted, he's had two serious injuries but those two good years appear to have been the exception.

Bogle it's 2 games per goal. Scored at whatever level. The Wigan stint, things didn't go well. Wigan were poor; the point being that poor single season was very much the exception to Bogle's career whereas good easons are the exception to Ings career. Factor in differences between the players - Bogle able to use either foot, better in air, the bad injuries Ings has had along with the type of player Warnock wants then I'd hardly call Ings a cut above Bogle - especially if you also add in transfer fee and wages.

Zohore? Better than Ings by a mile. Zohore has all the physical qualities to be the prototype striker in vogue these days - height, pace, power.

Healey is a better option when you consider his role in the squad - which would be fourth choice behind Zohore, Bogle and Ward. Again, it's about the upside to the player. IMO, Ings has peaked, possibly peaked when he was at Burnley. The injuries will have taken something from his game.

Will Healey surpass Ings? Maybe, maybe not. Football doesn't work out that way. if he can achieve his maximum potential, he's got a higher ceiling than Ings imo.

England cap? Michael Ricketts has an England cap. Jay Bothroyd has an England cap. Keith Curle. John Fashanu. Carlton Palmer. If you're claiming you have to be of a certain standard, the bar is set very low tbh.

To turn the question around, would people pick Ings over Zohore? Ward? Bogle? Right now I can't see any justification for making that move.
    Talking through your arse and just looking to disagree as per usual. Get a life.

I ten£ to agree. Didn’t see Ings contribute anything this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Talking through your arse and just looking to disagree as per usual. Get a life.
    Posting that just looking to disagree as per usual. Get a new role.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I ten£ to agree. Didn’t see Ings contribute anything this afternoon.
    He's been out injured for the last 19 months. I'm sure ings hit double figures for burnley in the premiership you can't compare that to scoring in league ****ing 1

Danny Ings is an anagram of Sing, Danny.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    He's been out injured for the last 19 months. I'm sure ings hit double figures for burnley in the premiership you can't compare that to scoring in league ****ing 1
    League 2

Eh?

The point for me is that Ings before that breakout season looked nothing really special. So you're looking at a total of two seasons to say he's a good striker.

Bogle has scored wherever he's been - aside from Wigan. If you look at comparable levels, ie conference, Bogle had a better strike rate. Ings didn't feature for Bournemouth in League Two, Bogle skipped League one so can't compare there. Bogle's played too few games at this level to effectively compare but has got off to a good start.

My point is and always been around the potential; I still believe Bogle has the better intangibles along with better finishing skills. He's two footed, good in air, is a quality finisher and is saying everything right in the media - that he hurt his own career, needed to get his head straight. He's with the right manager to get him on track.

This just perfectly sums up this message board currently. You don’t even seem to have read what I posted, you’ve just attacked the poster.

Grim place at the moment.

This just perfectly sums up this message board currently. You don’t even seem to have read what I posted, you’ve just attacked the poster.

I wasn't replying to you...

He didn't reply to you

The point for me is that Ings before that breakout season looked nothing really special. So you're looking at a total of two seasons to say he's a good striker.

Bogle has scored wherever he's been - aside from Wigan. If you look at comparable levels, ie conference, Bogle had a better strike rate. Ings didn't feature for Bournemouth in League Two, Bogle skipped League one so can't compare there. Bogle's played too few games at this level to effectively compare but has got off to a good start.

My point is and always been around the potential; I still believe Bogle has the better intangibles along with better finishing skills. He's two footed, good in air, is a quality finisher and is saying everything right in the media - that he hurt his own career, needed to get his head straight. He's with the right manager to get him on track.
    That's even worse ings has proven it at the top level and had his dream transfer to one of the top clubs in the country boggle stepped up a level and failed at Wigan I'm happy he seems to be doing it for us but can't see how he can be better than ings

That's even worse ings has proven it at the top level and had his dream transfer to one of the top clubs in the country boggle stepped up a level and failed at Wigan I'm happy he seems to be doing it for us but can't see how he can be better than ings
    He isnt

Neither is Zohore, or Ward, or Healey.

Is it that worse?

Bournemouth didn't think Ings good enough to play in League Two. His record for them in League One wasn't really remarkable. Like I said, two average years at Burnley, followed by one cracking season and then scoring in the Prem for them. Got a move to Liverpool? Good on him - but let's remember Rodgers spunked out £32m on Benteke 2 weeks later. Clearly Ings was a cheaper signing due to going through tribunal to provide depth.

Again, I think Ings has reached the top of his potential. I can't see him returning to his best after two very serious knee injuries.

What we've seen with Bogle is goals throughout his career with the recognition he's hurt his own career; he's got more hunger than Ings, is a better finisher.

I just see more upside for our strikers than for Ings all things considered. They may not reach their full potential but right now I can't see any reason Zohore/Bogle/Ward would be dropped for Ings.

I'd say the standard for England when he got capped (2015) was still fairly high

With regards to Bogle, yes he's scored at every level he played at, but so has Ings, and Ings has played at a higher level

In the season he scored 3 in 32, Ings suffered a serious injury that saw him out for a large portion of the season and he only started 15 games and was very much second fiddle to Charlie Austin. The next season, he becomes first choice, is injury free and bangs in 21 goals, he gets 11 in the Premier League the season after

Does Healey have a higher ceiling? He's 24 next month and Ings had already been signed by Liverpool following his first Premier League campaign at that point

Bogle's ratio in the Championship is 1 in 3.3 games, Ings' is 1 in 3 appearances

I'd say the standard for England when he got capped (2015) was still fairly high
    Was it? Called up for qualifying games when England had already qualified. Perfect time for kicking the tyres on what may be available.

With regards to Bogle, yes he's scored at every level he played at, but so has Ings, and Ings has played at a higher level
    Disagree on the first point, agree on the second.

In the season he scored 3 in 32, Ings suffered a serious injury that saw him out for a large portion of the season and he only started 15 games and was very much second fiddle to Charlie Austin. The next season, he becomes first choice, is injury free and bangs in 21 goals, he gets 11 in the Premier League the season after
    Ah yes, forgot about that injury. Another knee injury. Looking at it, he'd already done both knees before joining Liverpool. Looking at that, I'd personally not want to touch a player with numerous knee injuries, especially a striker. Way too much risk for reward.

Does Healey have a higher ceiling? He's 24 next month and Ings had already been signed by Liverpool following his first Premier League campaign at that point
    Well, that's not really how the ceiling for potential works but... evidence suggest Ings has peaked as at best a sub for Liverpool. Healey it's still uncertain; could well be a late bloomer but has something about him. Again, Healey is fourth choice at best for us. Chances are he won't necessarily go on to do much. Nothing's certain. All I'm saying is that if the stars align, everything goes amazingly well, I think he'd be a better player than Ings. Doesn't mean he will.

Bogle's ratio in the Championship is 1 in 3.3 games, Ings' is 1 in 3 appearances
    Ings ratio is 1 in 3.2 recurring appearances. Not as big a difference there, Bogle having a smaller sample size in terms of appearances.

Was it? Called up for qualifying games when England had already qualified. Perfect time for kicking the tyres on what may be available.

Disagree on the first point, agree on the second.

Ah yes, forgot about that injury. Another knee injury. Looking at it, he'd already done both knees before joining Liverpool. Looking at that, I'd personally not want to touch a player with numerous knee injuries, especially a striker. Way too much risk for reward.

Well, that's not really how the ceiling for potential works but... evidence suggest Ings has peaked as at best a sub for Liverpool. Healey it's still uncertain; could well be a late bloomer but has something about him. Again, Healey is fourth choice at best for us. Chances are he won't necessarily go on to do much. Nothing's certain. All I'm saying is that if the stars align, everything goes amazingly well, I think he'd be a better player than Ings. Doesn't mean he will.

Ings ratio is 1 in 3.2 recurring appearances. Not as big a difference there, Bogle having a smaller sample size in terms of appearances.
    To make an England squad is still a good achievement that I can't see being matched by Bogle or Healey

He's been unlucky with injuries but came back stronger to score 21 goals for Burnley

Its generally agreed that the level that you play at in your mid 20s is roughly where you'll stay for some time, sure you get the occasional Jamie Vardy but, more often then not, 24/25 is when players stop developing hugely

Bogle does have a smaller sample size, which counts against him compared to Ings' larger sample size

To make an England squad is still a good achievement that I can't see being matched by Bogle or Healey

He's been unlucky with injuries but came back stronger to score 21 goals for Burnley

Its generally agreed that the level that you play at in your mid 20s is roughly where you'll stay for some time, sure you get the occasional Jamie Vardy but, more often then not, 24/25 is when players stop developing hugely

Bogle does have a smaller sample size, which counts against him compared to Ings' larger sample size
    Again, England caps have been at times devalued - Bothroyd for example. Do I see Healey getting one? Almost certainly not. Bogle, probably not but you never know.

You say he's been unlucky with injuries but the injuries have been to both knees throughout his career and have been worse injuries as his career has gone on. That suggests he's been subject to training regimes that haven't helped or there's something mechanically making him more prone to those injuries. Granted there are many examples of players being nursed through seasons with bad knees ( Paul McGrath the most notable ) but I can't think of many strikers.

There's a lot of validity to the mid 20s point, I'd not disagree with that to be fair.

The point I was making about the sample size would be a more accurate comparison would be when Bogle has played more games at this level. If it scaled Ings to his first twenty odd games then the figures would be very different.

What we know is Ings made his way up from Bournemouth. Bogle lost his way so his route to the championship was longer and slower than Ings.

I just think that people are undervaluing our players to be honest. Zohore hasn't scored many this season but was causing opposition defenders no end of trouble, even Wolvesalona. Ward may be limited but works his socks off for the cause. Bogle has come in and scored goals. I just don't think if Ings did arrive that he'd do a better job than those players we already have.

Ings has never looked that good to me. Was surprised by his England call and Liverpool move.

Give me big Ken any day

Ings came on for Liverpool yesterday, so are they really going to let him go anywhere next month? My main concern with Ings, wherever he was playing, would be those injuries - I would want more proof out there than there is currently that my team would be likely to get plenty of football from him if we went in for him. If that were to happen, then I'd say he could be a good, albeit very unlikely I believe, signing for us. As for any comparison with Bogle, we are talking about someone who has delivered at Championship and Premier League level - I've been impressed by Bogle so far and believe he is showing that he could be a pretty successful striker in the former, but the Premier League? I need quite a bit more convincing about that yet.

Definitely don’t need Ings.