+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Advert Just On

Advert Just On

Alcohol free Guinness???? Why???? Most probably the same price as genuine Guinness. Have a glass of pop, if you don’t want to drink!

Re: Advert Just On

Im pretty sure there was a thread or discussion about Alchohol free Guiness about a year ago.

What is the point of alcohol free booze to begin with? I seriously don't get it.

Most people started drinking because they wanted to experience getting smashed, not because it tasted good.

Why the f*ck would you drink any of that stuff when it doesn't taste good, and you can't even get smashed?

And to top it off, you're paying just as much as you would for the alcoholic version. Very bizarre...

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im pretty sure there was a thread or discussion about Alchohol free Guiness about a year ago.
    Bloody repeats!!

Talking of adverts, there's been one for "lladies products" which claim to be "designed for up to zero leaks" WTF does that mean?

I've had Heineken 0.0 a few times when I'm taking a break from drinking and want to be in a pub with friends.
    It seems a lot more natural than drinking coke or seltzer water.
    The taste is ok to be fair.

It’s a thing of beauty. Guinness was the only drink I really missed. Makes me feel relaxed and I love it.

Also alcohol free Heineken is brilliant. Helped me feel “normal” when I used to care more what others thought. Now I’m happy with a Bovril.

Just because you don’t see the point in something doesn’t mean there isn’t.

Each to their own.

It's the same as meat free burgers etc that taste like meat. Been done to death in various forms on here.

I personally don't see the point in the 0% alcohol drinks but I'm not arsed if someone else wants to be on a night out and look and feel like they're having a night out..

I have a pint of iced water as I don't like sugary drink anymore, it's harder to lose the extra podge the older you get and you only get one set of whites...

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    What is the point of alcohol free booze to begin with? I seriously don't get it.

Most people started drinking because they wanted to experience getting smashed, not because it tasted good.

Why the f*ck would you drink any of that stuff when it doesn't taste good, and you can't even get smashed?

And to top it off, you're paying just as much as you would for the alcoholic version. Very bizarre...
    If there was no point to alcohol-free booze no one would produce it. So I should imagine that the point of it is that a lot of people buy it. I know people that alternate between regular and alcohol-free on a night out to avoid getting pissed up.

People who are driving can drink it. People who cant drink alcohol for medical or allergy reasons can drink it. People who are taking pills which clash with alcohol can drink it. People who don't like sugary or artificially sweetened drinks can drink it. People who like non alcoholic drinks can drink it. Guinness non alcohol and 00 lager actually taste good. Need I say more ?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bloody repeats!!
    Annoying.
    Not for me, I hadn't seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    People who are driving can drink it.
    Ridiculous statement..............they’d spill it all over the steering wheel

There are some people in this world (like me) who like the taste and don’t want to get smashed. So, sorry there is a point to non-alcoholic beer / wine / gin etc.

Who would want to drink pop all night?

I agree that initially when you start drinking when you’re younger it’s an acquired taste and it’s to have alcohol rather than enjoy the taste

When you’re a bit older though, I for one enjoy a few beers on the weekend. At the moment I’m on a big fitness push and enjoy having some zero Heineken just to still enjoy a beer. Less calories in the few cans of it, don’t end up with the bad eating alongside it, and there’s a lot of research that says you still get the dopamine rush (it’s one of the reasons why they say alcoholics should steer clear). Also I’m guessing where someone said they’re the same price, I guess you mean in pubs because cans are cheaper.

With watching the city and wales games today I enjoyed them

I’ll still enjoy some real beers but having this as a healthier alternative is superb. When I get back to drinking I’ll have a lot more alcohol free weekends because of them.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    there’s a lot of research that says you still get the dopamine rush (it’s one of the reasons why they say alcoholics should steer clear
    Doesn’t affect me this, although I know it’s a massive bone of contention amongst the recovery community.

If someone is on drugs that mean they are violently ill if they use alcohol (Antabuse), or even come into contact with the smallest amount (perfumes etc), then these “alcohol free” options aren’t a good option.

They really helped and continue to help me, and the thought of drinking more than 2 or 3 (like I did watching the rugby) doesn’t cross my mind. I drank to get drunk and these af drinks don’t facilitate that.

They do relax me though, I’m assuming that’s partly placebo and partly the hops

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Doesn’t affect me this, although I know it’s a massive bone of contention amongst the recovery community.

If someone is on drugs that mean they are violently ill if they use alcohol (Antabuse), or even come into contact with the smallest amount (perfumes etc), then these “alcohol free” options aren’t a good option.

They really helped and continue to help me, and the thought of drinking more than 2 or 3 (like I did watching the rugby) doesn’t cross my mind. I drank to get drunk and these af drinks don’t facilitate that.

They do relax me though, I’m assuming that’s partly placebo and partly the hops
    I find they relax me too. I fancied a few beers for the game yesterday but stuck to zero ones, only had 3 and was glad of not having had alcohol later