http://the4thofficial.net/2017/12/li...-destinations/

Re: Danny Ings....?

I'm looking forward to the January ings and outs

Brilliant striker when fit but that’s not often enough

I think when he's fit he's above our level

Wages would likely be steep and as said maybe above our level for the time being. Been unlucky with injuries that lad. Non starter I think.

This is a rubbish article. It even states that Alan Pardew is French.

I think Bogle has got plenty of goals in him. Looks decent.

Zohore on his way back.
    Bogle and Ward with the other long term injured striker (can't think of his name at the moment) and our Belgian friend who hasn't really featured.
    Infant see us signing a striker in January

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Wages would likely be steep and as said maybe above our level for the time being. Been unlucky with injuries that lad. Non starter I think.
    Given how many injuries he's had, I'm not sure his wages would be too high, but I don't place too much store by this story - it's as if the writer thought "I need to have a Championship side that's doing well in my list of possible destinations for him and so I'll choose Cardiff this time".

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Given how many injuries he's had, I'm not sure his wages would be too high, but I don't place too much store by this story - it's as if the writer thought "I need to have a Championship side that's doing well in my list of possible destinations for him and so I'll choose Cardiff this time".
    True. I suppose he might get paid up by Liverpool as well. I wouldn't want anybody coming to get in the way of Bogle just for the sake of it or if it's a gamble signing like Ings would be. I've got high hopes for that lad. As Dai said Healy shows potential as well do any signing would have to better than them and ready to go. Journo talk as you say

Danny Ings is a cut above our current strikers

He's a lot better than what we got but would he fit in the system we play

How would you describe the system we play?

what's he like now. I haven't seen him play for ages. He's obviously still going to know where the goal is but pretty serious injuries he's had.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    How would you describe the system we play?
    Quick physical counter attacking, I think we need a number 9 type striker and ings is more of a old number 10

He is only better than what we have if he is fit.We have some good strikers at the moment and I would be very careful not to upset the mood within the team.Having said that one injury a sending off or loss of form and we may well be struggling for a striker. I have faith in Warnock to do the right thing this is how he earns his money,should be interesting.
    I would like to see a strong creative midfielder come in to boss the middle but I think we would all agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think when he's fit he's above our level
    A fit Danny Ings, and it would take something ridiculous for Cardiff not to go up.

A fantastic player when he gets a run of games.

Can we afford him the time to get fit and back to his best with our more physical type of game.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Danny Ings is a cut above our current strikers
    *BLANK STARE*

One good season for Bournemouth - 21 league goals in 40 games at this level. Are we really thinking Bogle for example can't match that? Season before that at same level... 3 goals in 32 games.

He had one storming season - and I'll grant you the 11 he scored for Burnley in the Prem was decent.

He's not exactly a goal machine like Chopra was.

He's done his ACL in one knee then did his other knee in.

Based upon all that on what grounds is he a cut about Zohore, Ward, Healey and Bogle?

EDIT:

Before I get the inevitable response, he's capable of being a good striker at this level. There's far more potential in for example Bogle than in Ings. Zohore imo has a far higher ceiling in terms of talent.

He’s just come on for Liverpool. Bit out of our reach I’d say. Plus I don’t think we need another striker.

Jesus, there's some click-bait on that site.

Keep him

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    *BLANK STARE*

One good season for Bournemouth - 21 league goals in 40 games at this level. Are we really thinking Bogle for example can't match that? Season before that at same level... 3 goals in 32 games.

He had one storming season - and I'll grant you the 11 he scored for Burnley in the Prem was decent.

Based upon all that on what grounds is he a cut about Zohore, Ward, Healey and Bogle?

EDIT:

Before I get the inevitable response, he's capable of being a good striker at this level. There's far more potential in for example Bogle than in Ings. Zohore imo has a far higher ceiling in terms of talent.
    You make some reasonable points but the Bogle/Ings potential comparison is stretching it. The recovering Ings just had 10-15 mins in a vital Merseyside derby (don't know if Ben Woodburn was fit to take his place on the bench). Might be a while before a fully fit Bogle achieves that level.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You make some reasonable points but the Bogle/Ings potential comparison is stretching it. The recovering Ings just had 10-15 mins in a vital Merseyside derby (don't know if Ben Woodburn was fit to take his place on the bench). Might be a while before a fully fit Bogle achieves that level.
    That team had the plain average Dominic Solanke starting, for reference. I'd also take our central defenders over those of Liverpool at this point in time.

I suspect Bogle will play more than 15 minutes next season when we promote by overtaking Wolvesalona last game of the season with a 96th minute penalty to win the title.

Bogle has scored goals at all levels with more regularity than Ings - granted not at Wigan then again Wigan is an utter cluster****. Time will tell but Bogle has had a good start here.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    *BLANK STARE*

EDIT:

Why is there more potential in Bogle than Ings? Bogle is 24, Ings is 25, Ings has an England cap and scored 11 goals for struggling Burnley in the Premier League and performed well enough for Liverpool to sign him. Comparing the two is stretching it a bit

And compared to Healey? You're having a laugh, right?