+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Snow - Reading

Snow - Reading

Is it likely to all clear up by tomorrow or could it be a bit of a struggle to get there?

Re: Snow - Reading

Motorway will be clear. Probably more of s problem getting down from the Valleys to get on the M4

Met Office have Reading FC as -1 c at 8.00pm tomorrow night. We've got about 7 inches of snow here in the Midlands. Very little is moving by us. Not looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Met Office have Reading FC as -1 c at 8.00pm tomorrow night. We've got about 7 inches of snow here in the Midlands. Very little is moving by us. Not looking good.

I’m sure it’ll be chilly but there’s just a bit of sleet forecast for Reading area. Don’t think there’s any chance it’ll be postponed.

Might be a close call depending on state of car parks, bus routes and paths around the stadium. Only vehicles moving by us right now are 4wd. Wouldn't mind but I've already got a ticket😐

Apparently nothing in Newbury or Guildford, so I'd guess Reading is clear

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Ice rather than snow could be the issue. Good luck to all travelling.

The pitch will be playable but it will be very icy in the ateas surrounding the ground so I would not rule out a postponement.
    Last couple of weeks have been a nightmare. On route to our game two weeks ago the M4 was closed at junction 13 so we ended up going home as we would not have got there until well after kick off. So 100 mile round trip for nothing. Then en route to the Barnsley game three days later my missus rang me to say my dad had been rushed to hospital. He had a stroke so we turned around and went straight to hospital. He is recovering but very down at the moment.

We live in Andoversford and have had seven inches of snow and its still snowing so may miss the game tomorrow night. Feeling grumpy.

Five miles from the Mad Stad and had a heavy snow shower for a couple of hours that has just stopped. Already turning to slush. Forecast for tomorrow is a bit more snow at lunchtime. As previously said freezing temps forecast for later tomorrow so risk will be the state of the surrounding area rather than the pitch.

ps - Hope your Dad makes a strong recovery Pearcey!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The pitch will be playable but it will be very icy in the ateas surrounding the ground so I would not rule out a postponement.
    Last couple of weeks have been a nightmare. On route to our game two weeks ago the M4 was closed at junction 13 so we ended up going home as we would not have got there until well after kick off. So 100 mile round trip for nothing. Then en route to the Barnsley game three days later my missus rang me to say my dad had been rushed to hospital. He had a stroke so we turned around and went straight to hospital. He is recovering but very down at the moment.

We live in Andoversford and have had seven inches of snow and its still snowing so may miss the game tomorrow night. Feeling grumpy.
    Hope your dad makes a good recovery.

Pitch inspection at 9.00am according to another MB.

Still snowing here in the Midlands with -12c forecast for Monday night going into Tuesday.

Last couple of weeks have been a nightmare. On route to our game two weeks ago the M4 was closed at junction 13 open your dad recovers quickly Mike.so we ended up going home as we would not have got there until well after kick off. So 100 mile round trip for nothing. Then en route to the Barnsley game three days later my missus rang me to say my dad had been rushed to hospital. He had a stroke so we turned around and went straight to hospital. He is recovering but very down at the moment.

Hope your dad recovers quickly Mike.

Hope your dad's feeling better soon Pearcey.

No mentions of weather problems on this Reading MB. Not sure if it’s thier main one, doesn’t seem very busy. Decent pre match report though -

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewt...p?f=1&t=139456

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I second that

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I second that
    Thanks mate and to all of you for your comments. Dad is 90 in March and led a long and healthy life. He is lucky as he has loads of support. It could be so much worse.

Bitterly cold tomorrow night. It will be treacherous walking around the stadium environs. I reckon it’s a 50/50 call that the game will go ahead. Travel safely gents.

Sorry to hear about your dad, Pearcey. I hope he gets better soon and can enjoy Christmas with family and friends.

Hope your dad makes a full recovery.

Sorry to hear your dad has been unwell, you take care mate

All the best, on the road to recovery for your dad Pearcey.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Indeed