+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: FT READING 2 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT READING 2 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

The beauty of football. Over on Hobnob not a mention about the ref. Over here the ref was dire.
    One thing I can say is this stuff about Cardiff City being over physical is nonsense.
    Overall a very entertaining game but dear God the amount of poor clearances from both sides was really poor.
    As for Gunter....jeez he was poor tonight.

Paterson had a game to forget and Peltier coped with Barrow far more easily than Manga.

Started well like against Norwich, first 10 mins looked like it was going to be the Mendez Laing vs Barrow show. Reading upped in confidence although we looked alright but then Etheridge wasn't commanding enough and we were down without being outclassed. Reading were physical a-la Cardiff City and the ref seemed to only have eyes for minor Cardiff infringements, not letting the game progress for us. Paterson did not look himself at all. Half time and it looked hopeless. Hoilett was quiet 1st half and came a bit more into it in the second. Bogle worked hard but was finding himself battling and winning the ball out on the wings to look for a striker in the middle when he was it.

Second half was mainly all City with Reading being there for the taking many times with the ball being in the box bouncing around bodies only just not struck at goal. Ref oddly gave a free kick against Cardiff on at least 2 occasions when Moore used his hands to vault over city players. Lovely to see the 2 goals eventually. Warnock didnt really need to get sent off to the stands he seemed to be more than willing to get himself sent off playing up to his rep. Sent on Tomlin 20 mins too late. All in all Reading are better than their position shows for, unbeaten in 5 and physical with some good players - a cold night and some players just not at their normal standards - so 1 point certainly gladly taken when 0 seemed for sure what we were destined for.

Towards the end is particular we played some smashing intricate stuff around Readings area. I reckon if Bogle and Ward still out that we play Feeney up top and manage without a true centre forward. I think our football is good enough to cope. Provided of course our defenders dont play hoof ball. Keep it on the deck!

When Hoilett's header bounced under the goalie and went over the bar I thought this is not going to be our day. All credit to the team for keeping going.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    When Hoilett's header bounced under the goalie and went over the bar I thought this is not going to be our day. All credit to the team for keeping going.
    I thought after seeing 2 own goals and the way the ref was I'd all but given up hope, but not completely as this team deserve us to have more faith in them (few on here need to calm down)
    But Yeah, when that ball hit the ground I just didn't see how we were scoring.

Amount of times I screamed "FVCKING PASS THE FVCKING BALL FOR FVCK FVCKING SAKE" i lost count the second half.

People wondering why Tomlin does not start I don't get as it seems obvious to me.
    As has been mentioned before on here, and intimated by NW himself, he is simply not fit enough.
    Great to have him as an option off the bench, great goal and strikes a lovely dead ball but to get any more game time than that, he's gonna have to shed at least a stone of timber for the way Warnock sets up.

Two poor 'gift' goals apart, I thought it was a decent performance from City, especially 2nd half.
    Our heads did not drop, even after some very strange refereeing didn't go our way.

Bogle seemed to start badly and couldn't get going. Paterson was just awful and Bruno right back against a lightening quick winger was a mistake, Peltier should have started.

Spirited fightback and and 13 points from 15 is good form going into the crunch period of the season, over Christmas.
    Just hope our physios can perform some miracles!

BTW, one of the 'expert' commentators stated just after the game finished in his summing up that some of the stuff Cardiff served up "wasn't pretty at times" but that we deserved a point. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    People wondering why Tomlin does not start I don't get as it seems obvious to me.
    As has been mentioned before on here, and intimated by NW himself, he is simply not fit enough.
    Great to have him as an option off the bench, great goal and strikes a lovely dead ball but to get any more game time than that, he's gonna have to shed at least a stone of timber for the way Warnock sets up.

Two poor 'gift' goals apart, I thought it was a decent performance from City, especially 2nd half.
    Our heads did not drop, even after some very strange refereeing didn't go our way.

Bogle seemed to start badly and couldn't get going. Paterson was just awful and Bruno right back against a lightening quick winger was a mistake, Peltier should have started.

Spirited fightback and and 13 points from 15 is good form going into the crunch period of the season, over Christmas.
    Just hope our physios can perform some miracles!

BTW, one of the 'expert' commentators stated just after the game finished in his summing up that some of the stuff Cardiff served up "wasn't pretty at times" but that we deserved a point. WTF?
    Sure one of them mentioned we were decent and don't play the long ball we are accused of. Stat on screen after half hour showed them with not far off double our long balls too..be interesting to see it for the whole gsme.

Edit..he also said something like "Cardiff just don't play 20 passes to reach the half way line and get into the final third really quickly, which is what you want from your team"

great point, cold though not sure i will ever get warm again

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Paterson had a game to forget and Peltier coped with Barrow far more easily than Manga.
    Reckon that's the downside of trying to fit Manga in the team if you're not going to play him centre half. It's dead tempting cause he's good. City improved when he went centre half from what I picked up on the radio. Manga is a very good centre half but a limited full back. Peltier might be a limited full back in loads of people's eyes but he does it all the time so knows what he's doing.

I can't understand tonight's team selection for the life of me. He shoehorned Hoilett into CAM to deliberately avoid playing Tomlin. As a result, we had to play Paterson on the right wing where a Hoilett or NML could have torn apart an out of position Gunter. Hoilett was ineffectual in that position and Paterson kept losing the runs of Gunter.

Manga is a great centre back but he gets beaten as a full back far too easily by pace, as he did on numerous occasions by Barrow tonight. We've seen this the last few weeks. The best option defensively on that side is Peltier and if we want to take more of a risk defensively then play Paterson there. Shoehorning players into wrong positions will cost us if it carries on.

Anyone know how far Jazz Richards is away from full fitness?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Tomlin has been the catalyst that has gained us 4pts in the last 2 games, how he isn’t starting is baffling.
    He doesn't look fit enough to play 90 minutes.

Who made the call to bring Tomlin on?

Coincidence he came on within minutes of Warnock going or is it because it was around 80 mins so always the plan.

Warnock needs to find a way of getting him into the team for home games against teams down the bottom. A 4 2 3 1 with Tomlin behind surely works?

Just got in and still not bloody warm, what a cold experience that was. Get in, great point!

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Who made the call to bring Tomlin on?

Coincidence he came on within minutes of Warnock going or is it because it was around 80 mins so always the plan.

Warnock needs to find a way of getting him into the team for home games against teams down the bottom. A 4 2 3 1 with Tomlin behind surely works?

Just got in and still not bloody warm, what a cold experience that was. Get in, great point!
    I was wondering if Blackwell or Jeppo made that call. Whoever made it common sense prevailed. Football full of if onlys but not for the first time this season it's another question of if we put him on earlier could we have won. I don't know the stats but it would be interesting to know how many points we've got when he's on the pitch.

Re: READING v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    A draw I reckon 2-2 we score a late equaliser
    No I noticed in the stats that most of the goals that Reading concede are in the last 10 minutes
    On chances made we deserved to win

Spoken like a true Wolvesalona fan

Great prediction though

Quote Originally Posted by ae15 View Post
    I can't understand tonight's team selection for the life of me. He shoehorned Hoilett into CAM to deliberately avoid playing Tomlin. As a result, we had to play Paterson on the right wing where a Hoilett or NML could have torn apart an out of position Gunter. Hoilett was ineffectual in that position and Paterson kept losing the runs of Gunter.

Manga is a great centre back but he gets beaten as a full back far too easily by pace, as he did on numerous occasions by Barrow tonight. We've seen this the last few weeks. The best option defensively on that side is Peltier and if we want to take more of a risk defensively then play Paterson there. Shoehorning players into wrong positions will cost us if it carries on.
    You havent got a leg to stand on with this post. How can you criticise Warnock or the team is beyond me. We are second in the table with the best defensive record and averaging over two points a game i.e promotion form. Warnock could play the tea lady at full back and he would still get my full backing. We let two goals in because of individual mistakes, not team selection. We would have won easily otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You havent got a leg to stand on with this post. How can you criticise Warnock or the team is beyond me. We are second in the table with the best defensive record and averaging over two points a game i.e promotion form. Warnock could play the tea lady at full back and he would still get my full backing. We let two goals in because of individual mistakes, not team selection. We would have won easily otherwise.
    Post made on last night's game, not the overall season. A lot of what he says is spot on. Don't mean we don't appreciate Neil and the teams effort..

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Hardly like I'm tearing him apart? Wasn't even chanting "Warnock sort it out" last night either! Playing Bruno at RB was a fair experiment, but now we have two fit RBs playing behind him, it makes no sense to start him there when he's been badly exposed on a couple of occasions. As a result of playing players out of position across the field, we lacked flow and co-ordination going forward.

The ones you should be taking your anger out on are the ones who were booing at half time. I'm only pointing out what I see as problems with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    He looks a bit fat again
    Interview with Bellamy after the game.
    Says he is a gifted player with great vision and ability, but s******ed and said "if only he could improve his fitness"
    I fail to see how Warnock and Blackwell can't sort him out ?
    He could lose 8-10lbs and get a little quicker and be the midfield player we are all saying Warnock needs to buy in January.
    Surely a professional player does not want to spend his career sitting on the bench ?

Hardly like I'm tearing him apart? Wasn't even chanting "Warnock sort it out" last night either! Playing Bruno at RB was a fair experiment, but now we have two fit RBs playing behind him, it makes no sense to start him there when he's been badly exposed on a couple of occasions. As a result of playing players out of position across the field, we lacked flow and co-ordination going forward.

The ones you should be taking your anger out on are the ones who were booing at half time. I'm only pointing out what I see as problems with the team.
    Did we boo? I wouldn't expect us to boo the team, not since many of us would have taken "challenge for a play off spot" before the season started?
    Was it the ref they booed?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Says he is a gifted player with great vision and ability, but s******ed and said "if only he could improve his fitness"
    He could lose 8-10lbs and get a little quicker and be the midfield player we are all saying Warnock needs to buy in January.
    Surely a professional player does not want to spend his career sitting on the bench ?
    'but to get any more game time than that, he's gonna have to shed at least a stone of timber'

With christmas coming I can't see Lily shedding much unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    They can't make him lose weight, you can't monitor his every move. They've obviously tried but so has everyone, you're just hoping the penny drops but I can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Did we boo? I wouldn't expect us to boo the team, not since many of us would have taken "challenge for a play off spot" before the season started?
    Was it the ref they booed?
    It was only in the second half that the referee did start to lose control and we became agitated with him. It was definitely a booing of the team, as what happened against Norwich. Some people expect too much.

It was only in the second half that the referee did start to lose control and we became agitated with him. It was definitely a booing of the team, as what happened against Norwich. Some people expect too much.
    Unreal. Thought the away lot would be a bit better than that.

After the interviews by players like Manga saying how the fans help too.