+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT READING 2 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT READING 2 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I can't understand tonight's team selection for the life of me. He shoehorned Hoilett into CAM to deliberately avoid playing Tomlin. As a result, we had to play Paterson on the right wing where a Hoilett or NML could have torn apart an out of position Gunter. Hoilett was ineffectual in that position and Paterson kept losing the runs of Gunter.

Manga is a great centre back but he gets beaten as a full back far too easily by pace, as he did on numerous occasions by Barrow tonight. We've seen this the last few weeks. The best option defensively on that side is Peltier and if we want to take more of a risk defensively then play Paterson there. Shoehorning players into wrong positions will cost us if it carries on.

Quote Originally Posted by ae15 View Post
    I can't understand tonight's team selection for the life of me. He shoehorned Hoilett into CAM to deliberately avoid playing Tomlin. As a result, we had to play Paterson on the right wing where a Hoilett or NML could have torn apart an out of position Gunter. Hoilett was ineffectual in that position and Paterson kept losing the runs of Gunter.

Manga is a great centre back but he gets beaten as a full back far too easily by pace, as he did on numerous occasions by Barrow tonight. We've seen this the last few weeks. The best option defensively on that side is Peltier and if we want to take more of a risk defensively then play Paterson there. Shoehorning players into wrong positions will cost us if it carries on.
    You havent got a leg to stand on with this post. How can you criticise Warnock or the team is beyond me. We are second in the table with the best defensive record and averaging over two points a game i.e promotion form. Warnock could play the tea lady at full back and he would still get my full backing. We let two goals in because of individual mistakes, not team selection. We would have won easily otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You havent got a leg to stand on with this post. How can you criticise Warnock or the team is beyond me. We are second in the table with the best defensive record and averaging over two points a game i.e promotion form. Warnock could play the tea lady at full back and he would still get my full backing. We let two goals in because of individual mistakes, not team selection. We would have won easily otherwise.
    Hardly like I'm tearing him apart? Wasn't even chanting "Warnock sort it out" last night either! Playing Bruno at RB was a fair experiment, but now we have two fit RBs playing behind him, it makes no sense to start him there when he's been badly exposed on a couple of occasions. As a result of playing players out of position across the field, we lacked flow and co-ordination going forward.

The ones you should be taking your anger out on are the ones who were booing at half time. I'm only pointing out what I see as problems with the team.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    We let in two goals through individual mistakes too. Does that mean we would have won easily too?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We let in two goals through individual mistakes too. Does that mean we would have won easily too?
    Of course! You weren't really expecting impeccable logic and unbiased views on a footy messageboard?

It sounded like a good game last night and it looks as if you have finally turned your season around. It'll be interesting to see where you end up from here...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Of course! You weren't really expecting impeccable logic and unbiased views on a footy messageboard?

It sounded like a good game last night and it looks as if you have finally turned your season around. It'll be interesting to see where you end up from here...
    I thought it was a very entertaining game. I think we are out of the running. A very slim chance of the play offs. I hope your boys win promotion. You have every chance. Warnock does need significant backing in January though to help the final push.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I thought it was a very entertaining game. I think we are out of the running. A very slim chance of the play offs. I hope your boys win promotion. You have every chance. Warnock does need significant backing in January though to help the final push.
    A bit surprised by your league position. The playoffs are not unattainable for you. You have some excellent individuals for the championship, but I wonder if you might have tempting bits for one or two?

I was really impressed with Liam Kelly. Tremendous vision. Think he could have a bright future.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    A bit surprised by your league position. The playoffs are not unattainable for you. You have some excellent individuals for the championship, but I wonder if you might have tempting bits for one or two?

I was really impressed with Liam Kelly. Tremendous vision. Think he could have a bright future.
    Kelly was much better last night. I prefer Swift to him but he did have a good game. We need to keep winning and winning. A bit like Cardiff last season. We will finish top half but not much beyond that.