+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Walking dead

Walking dead

This really needs to be the final series

Re: Walking dead

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    This really needs to be the final series
    Definitely. Only watch it due to the amount of episodes I've already watched. Slow and boring.

No chance... there's still plenty of story left in the graphic novels. The pacing has been spot on this series imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    No chance... there's still plenty of story left in the graphic novels. The pacing has been spot on this series imo.
    The writing for the show has become diabolical. I haven't read the comic book but heard it is a lot better than the show

I agree. its getting ridiculous for me....mainly for the following reasons....

1) they seem to be fighting over a relatively small patch of land, when presumably large areas of America are still available. why not just go live elsewhere ?
    2) the amount of bullets they just shoot aimlessly at buildings and dead things. its like watching the A-Team.
    3) the amount of opportunities they have not taken to kill the person they seem intent on killing.
    4) everything else...

It got crap a good few seasons ago, that is when I stopped watching it. I now watch Van Helsing the series, on season 2 now, cannot see it going on for 7 seasons though

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Definitely. Only watch it due to the amount of episodes I've already watched. Slow and boring.
    I haven't started, was about to start when Fox were advertising the 100th episode. Not for me, ta. Especially when a colleague said he basically fast forwarded through 2 seasons at x1.5 speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    It got crap a good few seasons ago, that is when I stopped watching it. I now watch Van Helsing the series, on season 2 now, cannot see it going on for 7 seasons though
    It's Netflix - it could go on for another 10 seasons

Have religiously read the comic series. It's brilliant.
    The TV show by now is turgid, boring and not worth watching.

Feedback

it was great at the outset, the whole concept of how to survive and how human interaction would resort to the lowest common denominator. however they aren't afraid of the walkers anymore, so its raison d'etre has sort of vanished, now its just a gangster series

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I agree. its getting ridiculous for me....mainly for the following reasons....

1) they seem to be fighting over a relatively small patch of land, when presumably large areas of America are still available. why not just go live elsewhere ?
    2) the amount of bullets they just shoot aimlessly at buildings and dead things. its like watching the A-Team.
    3) the amount of opportunities they have not taken to kill the person they seem intent on killing.
    4) everything else...
    They seem to have forgotten Maggie is pregnant

The writing for the show has become diabolical. I haven't read the comic book but heard it is a lot better than the show
    The TV series is also correcting mistakes made in the graphic novel ( Comic? How very dare you... ).

One example was the Governor chopping Rick's hand off in the graphic novel.

Both are the same source material, envisaged differently. TV Governor, for example was way more nuanced from the start - graphic novel showed him to be a psycho from the first panel.

TV series has also had issues - Darabont left after first series, almost wanted film type money spent on the series. As a result, Dale was written out earlier as the actor left in sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    it was great at the outset, the whole concept of how to survive and how human interaction would resort to the lowest common denominator. however they aren't afraid of the walkers anymore, so its raison d'etre has sort of vanished, now its just a gangster series
    "Humans killing zombies" doesn't exactly scream longevity. That was also the point of the graphic novel. Walkers are easyish to deal with, it's the way civilisation has changed as a consequence that's now the issue. Laws, mores no longer apply. Society reverting to base instincts.

Gangster? Hardly. The whole point is Negan isn't this big evil baddy. There's a reason why he is the way he is, a reason why his world view has some validity. Rick's naivety vs Negan's practicality. That's something the graphic novel explores further over time.

They seem to have forgotten Maggie is pregnant
    Apart from when they pointedly mentioned her being in her second trimester? Which would put her 4-6 months pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Apart from when they pointedly mentioned her being in her second trimester? Which would put her 4-6 months pregnant.
    Have you seen how skinny she is?

Have you seen how skinny she is?
    My missus was pretty skinny certainly for our first kid. Made up for it since...