+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO Molineux Mix

FAO Molineux Mix

Nice to see you reading and commenting on the threads we have on you on this messageboard.

I thought we might see if a thread on here aimed at responding to your thread on us would allow us to exchange pleasantries through our boards, as I can't be bothered to sign up to yours.

I'll start. Thanks for replying so graciously to my post on the Fosun Cuckoo that has taken over your nest:

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.....199381/page-2

Some great, well-balanced and erudite points made on there.

No bitterness from me about how you are progressing as a Club, just a concern that the established fans of your club are going to be left behind. It sounds as if the footballers wearing your colours are playing well and I look forward to seeing what all the fuss is about when you come to Cardiff to try and avenge your loss to us at your place.

I stand by what I say about the fact that it'll dawn on many of you that this is no longer your club sooner or later. Whether you care or not is entirely down to how you view supporting your team. Many didn't care in Cardiff either so long as someone else's money was being spent on new and shiny things on a regular basis. They mostly left when the money stopped being splashed about. Since then we've been trying to rebuild the club and fanbase connections following the disastrous rebrand. Hopefully you won't go through that - though I note that Fosun's logo is a nice shade of Blue. If they do leave then remember someone is going to end up with the Bill to pay...

From a Cardiff viewpoint, this time around it feels as if the 15000 or so hardy souls who are coming now are more committed to the club and if we go up this time I know that I personally will enjoy it far more than the first promotion. If we don't go up then it feels as if we're travelling in the right direction - even if we do play our football more like Man City than Barcelona...

Merry Xmas!

Re: FAO Molineux Mix

Second point: Wales Online ran an article the other day showing statistically how likely we were to get promoted. Given you were 4 points clear of us at the time I think you'll struggle to mess it up from here:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...rnock-14002027

Wolves are the meteor that has hit the Championship. Some dinosaurs survived the impact, but they’ll be wiped out by May.

Apart from belter like this who are likely even embarrassing their own fans, I don't really care much about them. They will go up, they will spend, and they will stay up (because they spend)
    All the best to them..the real fans among them that is..you have made some good points let's hope they reply the same.

As a side point, that WW1963 or whatever his name is doesn't seem like a well man.

Looking at some of the threads from the past week we're threatening to start sounding like them, optimism is great but let's not start getting ahead of ourselves

Let's be honest nobody cares about Wolves ordinarily and the only reason they've attracted attention recently is due to their sometimes amusing and in some cases delusional posts.

When that weirdo WolvesnWelsh or whatever he was called used to post regularly nobody could work out why he was here.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Let's be honest nobody cares about Wolves ordinarily and the only reason they've attracted attention recently is due to their sometimes amusing and in some cases delusional posts.

When that weirdo WolvesnWelsh or whatever he was called used to post regularly nobody could work out why he was here.
    Agreed, but they are currently our main rival for an automatic promotion spot and I'm certainly interested in how they are getting on at the moment.

I also couldn't help but get a huge sense of deja vu from some of their comments. We're all allowed to be optimistic as fans but as we've seen with some of our ex long-term supporters sometimes you can get carried away to the extent that you trap yourself into a position which can affect your future ability to support the club...

The main thing that struck me was their belief that Wolverhampton has enough to keep Fosun and their players there. Like it or not neither they nor Cardiff are high on the list of Cities that most top players or businesses want to ply their trade in. Yes you can buy people in, but it comes at a premium to get them to come. Exhibit 1 is Neves comment in the Mirror that "The City doesn't have a lot to do...". For a young man that is usually a key issue. There's no point in having all that money if you can't show it off...

This fella...

It's not going to be quite so much fun now they're snooping, but some of the more extravagant posts on that board warrant a bit of mickey-taking. As do some on here as we know.

Anyway, how many pages do we reckon their thread about us being obsessed is going to reach? I'm going for 10+.

It's not going to be quite so much fun now they're snooping, but some of the more extravagant posts on that board warrant a bit of mickey-taking. As do some on here as we know.

Anyway, how many pages do we reckon their thread about us being obsessed is going to reach? I'm going for 10+.
    I thought it was 'possessed' according to one post on there... I don't think we'll reach 7 as this post should kill it off

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Agreed, but they are currently our main rival for an automatic promotion spot and I'm certainly interested in how they are getting on at the moment.

I also couldn't help but get a huge sense of deja vu from some of their comments. We're all allowed to be optimistic as fans but as we've seen with some of our ex long-term supporters sometimes you can get carried away to the extent that you trap yourself into a position which can affect your future ability to support the club...

The main thing that struck me was their belief that Wolverhampton has enough to keep Fosun and their players there. Like it or not neither they nor Cardiff are high on the list of Cities that most top players or businesses want to ply their trade in. Yes you can buy people in, but it comes at a premium to get them to come. Exhibit 1 is Neves comment in the Mirror that "The City doesn't have a lot to do...". For a young man that is usually a key issue. There's no point in having all that money if you can't show it off...
    They have about half the population of Cardiff

Has nobody told Neves he could live in Birmingham instead?

Just been to see if anyone has noticed this thread and there're a few decent answers, but I think Sheriff Woody most accurately mirrors my thoughts about football at present. Nice post.

As has already been said by others, if we can keep within a few points of Wolves we'll get promoted this season. I think we have the players to do it, but we'll need some better luck with injuries. We'll also need Zohore to come back at least as good a player as he was before his injury 2 months ago. Hopefully that'll be early January but I'm not holding my breath...

My gut feeling is that we'll get overhauled by Villa or Derby. I'm really hoping Bristol don't have quite enough and I think Coutts loss for Sheff Utd is going to be too big for them to overcome before the transfer window opens...

Right, the nice man has just finished servicing the heating in my house so I need to get some work done now while it heats back up...

This from a different thread sounds quite familiar to conversations on here a few years ago, particularly the profile and revenue bit..

A very good read. The Portuguese interest in Wolves is going to be huge, with Wolves TV the conduit for raising our revenue and profile, because these young players will become firm candidates for the national squad. Interviews in Portuguese by Nuno and the players for Wolves TV will accelerate this, and, of course, Portuguese is the language of Brazil, so our profile and revenue will grow there too.

Yeah he strangely disappeared after those 2 relegations to league 1.....

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    This from a different thread sounds quite familiar to conversations on here a few years ago, particularly the profile and revenue bit..

A very good read. The Portuguese interest in Wolves is going to be huge, with Wolves TV the conduit for raising our revenue and profile, because these young players will become firm candidates for the national squad. Interviews in Portuguese by Nuno and the players for Wolves TV will accelerate this, and, of course, Portuguese is the language of Brazil, so our profile and revenue will grow there too.
    They wonder why people take the piss (that's all we do here contrary to their insisting belief it's jealousy..) they write stuff like that.

They will likely make a good go of It, but they use Leicester as an example, yes they won the league, but they'll not get into the top 8 again.

I haven't noticed one poat on here calling them names or getting irate, yet they swear every other post and really seem to get riled up. Do they not know it's banter and nobody actually gives a **** about wolves? 3 teams go up every season as long as your club is one of them do you really care who else goes up with you? IF we can sustain this I won't care who joins us, neither will I be jealous as they spend yet more money next year. Good for them and the fans that deserve it among the idiots.

Good luck breaking into the top 6 though. Look at the money Everton spunked, after a few solid years challenging they threw money at it..and look at them now..do well to make top 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post

Yes, I can see all those Portugese flocking to the tourist attraction that is... Wolverhampton.

I dare say we could well have made some decent money from Malaysia if we'd got up and stayed up long term.

Old Wolves fans who remember us being in the same leagues from 4 to this are embarrassed no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Old Wolves fans who remember us being in the same leagues from 4 to this are embarrassed no doubt
    Yeah, bit you don't get It, nobody outside the little bubble GETS what is happening there. They are building something. Will be here for us all to see for DECADES to come.

(To any snooping eyes this is piss taking, not jealousy yaaw idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Yeah, bit you don't get It, nobody outside the little bubble GETS what is happening there. They are building something. Will be here for us all to see for DECADES to come.

(To any snooping eyes this is piss taking, not jealousy yaaw idiots.
    They should build some more down to earth fans. Or maybe draft some in from Braga. They pretty down to earth or Setubal even.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    They should build some more down to earth fans. Or maybe draft some in from Braga. They pretty down to earth or Setubal even.
    Like you said above there are some decent older ones.

Mate of mine is a wolves fan and he was gutted we beat them but accepted we were far superior on the day. He's obviously happy to see them do well and wants to see the team go up and have a crack at It, I've showed him posts from that board and I was using it to take the piss out of him as we watched England play rugby...he was rather embarrassed.

Have you seen a finer breakdown than this

"It’s full of contradictions, do they not understand they also sound exactly the same, if anything Wolves fans have a bit more dignity and common sense about them.

It’s the same with other fans. It’s as if you’re not allowed to celebrate a win or say it how it is otherwise it’s classed as being ‘unbearable’ ‘coming out the woodwork’ etc

It’s so so pathetic.

Wolves fans celebrate more wins and celebrate more positive things because they have won more games and been more positive!!

Just because Cardiff are chasing doesn’t. Mean you don’t get people saying they could catch wolves, win the league etc etc.

It’s just ****ing pathetic.

Supporters need to get a grip.

You’re not unbearable for celebrating a win or being top.

You’re not unbearable if your second and say you’ve got a chance of the title.

You’re not unbearable if you say you should beat 10 men subderland quite easily.

It’s facts and common sense.

What isn’t common sense or logical is the people moaning about the ones doing the above asnif they’re normal.

They’re the ones that aren’t normal.

****ing idiots"

Celebrate all you want kid.. we celebrate wins as do anyone else. We do it not thinking were about to be rubbing shoulders with peg inside 2 years. Even when we spent and went up I don't remember anything like these lot.

This is another good one..

"If you look at Sheff Utd I think you'd have to say it is squad strength (I'd say attack but apparently Leon is the best striker in the league!) Not sure what cover Cardiff have? Also they are not exactly prolific scorers so if people start parking the bus they will find it harder than us"

Sunderland packed the bus and attempted to hit them on the break. They failed to score..as we did against wall..but we don't come on our forum totally shocked that we didn't get 3 points against such a lowly team of papers.

Feel for the decent among their support. Headed to the big time with a lot of idiots clinching on for the ride.

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't win tonight, it's a long old season, they will be euphoric if we drop a point. I'm looking down not up..we've won the championship once. Oh and their fa cup (for the fan who's said we ain't won **** all)

Part of the problem is their coach.
    Again after the last 0-0 draw with Sunderland he brands them "a thuggish side" - "referee too lenient with Sunderland".
    Every time they fail to get 3 points it's everyone else's fault.

They signing Hulk in January. Batman couldn't agree terms so that ones fallen by the wayside.

The thread on Cardiff on Molineux Mix has some decent recent posts. The ones that are worth debating further perhaps are the ones that cover trying to define what is 'good' football. Obviously there's the Cardiff vs Wolves approach being debated as two extremes of how to play.

So do you prefer your football 'cultured' with lots of passing to drag sides out of position and score the perfect goal, or do you prefer to see less structure and more individualism in your football?

On a personal level, I've always preferred the individual moments of brilliance, from players like Whitts and Koumas, to a good team goal. In my mind it's a bit like choosing between a Lamborghini or an Audi - one will be more reliable in achieving its goals and in isolation would be fine, but once you've driven the Lamborghini you'll have memories you'll never forget despite all the downsides.

In terms of what I seem to have gotten out of football over 4 decades, it's the moments of brilliance that burn brightest in my memory, along with the people I have gone on the ride with...

I posted this on another thread

"A decent possession side will punish you, tire you out as you chase shadows.
    Some of the teams at our level attempt it and don't go nowhere.
    What's the point of doing something and only being a little bit effective? We do what we do and it is effective. I'll take that"

I'd rather be us than many other teams who tread water "trying to play the right way"
    I don't class wolves as a team trying, as they are effective at what they do and are good at it too.

I like the way they play, I ain't arsed that they have spent any money (plenty of others will have spent fortunes this last window and before) there is no jealousy from me in that respect, I've seen us go the same route as weds/derby/boro and look at the mess it got us in. I'm happy we are going about it the way we are, but won't begrudge wolves using contacts to give then players, the players get a window and they get a decent player.. lovely.

What they can't seem to grasp over there though is that we aren't jealous and JUST TAKE THE PISS out of the belters who post the funniest sh*t over there. The decent lot on there Prob ably take the piss too as it's quite embarrassing the way a few of them carry on.
    Wolves are a decent club with decent fans. Shame about the idiots.