+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Christmas trees

Christmas trees

About to go and get one. Had a good one last year from Aldi. £19.99

Is that still about the going rate. Anyone else bought a good or bad one this year?

Re: Christmas trees

always had a real tree until I saw one go up in flames-couldn't give me one now,unbelieveable

No trees , presents , decorations in my house , it's all a load of bollocks

Just metal , black metal

IKEA had 6ft real trees for £25 with a £20 voucher to spend in February. That started a couple of weeks back though so may have already all gone.

I've had the same fake tree the last 4 years no need to buy a new one and she's had it up for at least 3 weeks now

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Is that still about the going rate. Anyone else bought a good or bad one this year?
    My old man was just complaining to me yesterday that he paid £55!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No trees , presents , decorations in my house , it's all a load of bollocks

Just metal , black metal
    Not a fan of Xmas I take it from your many posts stating as much?
    I'm looking forward to it. Last week in work until January. What's not to like about a lazy few weeks getting fat .

I only like green ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

You wont beat that prize ,and I understand they are Norwegian spruce 35 every where else

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I only like green ones.
    Fake ones that is. My misses got a red one couple of years ago but as luck would have it I have been unable to find it in the attic this year. They got a decent real one in lidl for a score. I'm gonna get that in the morning. The smell of a proper Christmas tree takes some beating

Fake ones that is. My misses got a red one couple of years ago but as luck would have it I have been unable to find it in the attic this year. They got a decent real one in lidl for a score. I'm gonna get that in the morning. The smell of a proper Christmas tree takes some beating
    We got a fake green one a few years ago from my mother-in-law. I was dead set against it at first, I've since warmed to it and can't see ever going back to traipsing around to find a tree, driving home carrying it indoors and cleaning up the sap/needles etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We got a fake green one a few years ago from my mother-in-law. I was dead set against it at first, I've since warmed to it and can't see ever going back to traipsing around to find a tree, driving home carrying it indoors and cleaning up the sap/needles etc.
    A fake green one is scheduled for next year but since I couldn't see the big old box in front of my eyes I getting one last real one. I will happily get a fake one next year so long as it's green. No diss on red ones or what not bit I never got on with them. Fake ones are convenient and can look proper. Bogle for a goal tonight. City.

A fake green one is scheduled for next year but since I couldn't see the big old box in front of my eyes I getting one last real one. I will happily get a fake one next year so long as it's green. No diss on red ones or what not bit I never got on with them. Fake ones are convenient and can look proper. Bogle for a goal tonight. City.
    Fair play, ours looks pretty real too. It's not made of tinsel or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I've had the same fake tree the last 4 years no need to buy a new one and she's had it up for at least 3 weeks now
    We've had ours for 8 years now. An "upside down" one.

Can't see us buying a real tree for another few years yet.

Last real one we had came with two free live birds. Once we undid the netting the feckers flew around the living room for about half an hour before we could catch them.

My misses looks on Pinterest. The trees on there are amazing. Ours will look shite in comparison.

My misses looks on Pinterest. The trees on there are amazing. Ours will look shite in comparison.

People tend to 'compare and despair' too much these days.
    Some must get awful upset after a visit to redtube ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    People tend to 'compare and despair' too much these days.
    Some must get awful upset after a visit to redtube ;)
    Not me. I don't let my misses watch it.

Not me. I don't let my misses watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Hehehe. Feck that. Wouldn't here the end of it. Nice 1 mate.

Walked past ASDA today, they had them for £25

we have a fake one, spent fairly decent money on it a few years back ( might be 5 years now ) then we have a Yankee candle " christmas tree " candle that gets lit a hour in the evening

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    We have a fake one, spent fairly decent money on it a few years back ( might be 5 years now ) then we have a Yankee candle " christmas tree " candle that gets lit a hour in the evening
    So looking forward to your 'How my daughters put out the house fire on Xmas Day' thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    So looking forward to your 'How my daughters put out the house fire on Xmas Day' thread....
    thanks, If you send me your phone number, i can text you when i have posted it, just so you dont miss it

Where have you been ? ? ? Using another account ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Walked past ASDA today, they had them for £25

we have a fake one, spent fairly decent money on it a few years back ( might be 5 years now ) then we have a Yankee candle " christmas tree " candle that gets lit a hour in the evening
    Life in the suburbs eh *stares blankly around the room*

Oh FYI I picked one up in Home Bargains for £9.99

and it's really nice. As good as any we've bought before.