+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Redundant statistics in football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Redundant statistics in football

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    The best side I've ever seen in my lifetime is pep's Barcelona and his philosophy was if we have 100% of the ball the other side can't score that is great when you have 11 word class players
    A decent possession side will punish you, tire you out as you chase shadows.
    Some of the teams at our level attempt it and don't go nowhere.
    What's the point of doing something and only being a little bit effective? We do what we do and it is effective. I'll take that.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    What's the point of doing something and only being a little bit effective? We do what we do and it is effective. I'll take that.
    Very relevant point.
    Reading tried over playing from the back a number of times last night.
    Between the goalkeeper and the two full backs they got into a mess on a number of occasions.
    On another night we would have bagged a couple of goals from their mistakes.
    They don't have the quality to play that way.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    It depends what they do with that possession, if they pass and create no threat, then there's no point in chasing them down. If they pass and move the ball forward with any amount of pace, then they're going to have to do plenty of running off the ball, so it can work both ways.