Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
I can see why people would argue that but I think Pep won over the Bayern fans with his style of play and the sacking of Ancellotti has highlighted that it's not a given that you would be successful at Bayern.

Pep is evolving in my opinion while Mourinho is standing still.
On Sunday it was an absolute masterclass of coaching in my opinion. He started with his usual 4-3-3 then observed that Matic and Herrera were doing man to man jobs on Silva and De Bruyne so he moved Sterling central to confuse Matic.
Second half Mourinho got to grips with that so what does Pep do, he takes off Jesus amd puts Silva as a false 9!
Pep is the best manager around.

I wasn't sure before. I thought he inherited one of the best Barcelona teams with the likes of Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. Then when to Bayern and had similar players, and these squads made his tactics look good.

But now he's at Man City he's achieving the same success with players that aren't quite as good as his previous squads, in my opinion. They obviously have world class like De Bruyne and Silva. But his full backs on Sunday were Walker and Delph. He clearly improves players and when they play the way he instructs them to, look how dominant they are. He's making Sterling the finished article. He's won me over basically.