+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bt Hub not working.

Re: Bt Hub not working.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    Turn it off for 20 seconds then back on or press the re-set button ?
    I have had BT broadband for about 12 years now, initially non fibre optic then infinity 1 fibre optic & the the last 2 years infinity 2 ? superfast fibre optic 76mbps.
    Never had a hub problem, touch wood.
    Was meant to arrive Friday and be connected yesterday. Arrived yesterday and couldn't get it working before I left for work. Arrived home still no joy but the chat was offline.
    They've fumbled about last minute today to get me online when I was on the chat as they hadn't changed me from "order processed" to order live...had a flurry of emails and txts and the light went on all at the same time.

Just a case of laziness.

Worked fine before I left again for work.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Virgin for me
    Had it in the past. No complaints with their service in all fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Came today (was meant to arrive Friday and go live today)

Set it up before work, well tried, and the hub goes from green to flashing green to orange.
    Went on the chant and I was assured it would be working before today was over.
    Went to work, got back in and it's doing the same shit still..can't get on the chat after 22.45 so I'm likely going to have to wait till morning. Just a little bit frustrating..

Any one offer any advice?

I had the same, eventually got through to them and they sent a new one out. It took another 5 days mind. Plug the old one back in.

I find their new hub really good. Much better than the last one which was ok. The coverage in the house is much better. I have thick walls and get 30mb+ upstairs on wireless, 75mb+ on the cable on the lads xbox.

Speak as you find, excellent performance, reliable but not the cheapest. You pays your money you takes your choice

Quote Originally Posted by Penybont Blue View Post
    I had the same, eventually got through to them and they sent a new one out. It took another 5 days mind. Plug the old one back in.
    Was a new customer, reports so far from home are no problems and better internet.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    I find their new hub really good. Much better than the last one which was ok. The coverage in the house is much better. I have thick walls and get 30mb+ upstairs on wireless, 75mb+ on the cable on the lads xbox.

Speak as you find, excellent performance, reliable but not the cheapest. You pays your money you takes your choice
    This ^^ TBH, and I've been unhappy with BT in the past. Been excellent of late, and TBF I live atop the farthest cliffs of Westeros.

They need to remain competitive mind - I can see that if I was a new customer I would be paying a third or more less for the 'package' that I have. I'm sure they can help me with that.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post

Sky- 37 meg downstairs on Wi-Fi..
    Shit upstairs
    Decent speed on ps4 using adapters

(I got a faster connection on the ps4 using my mobile hotspot that I could either way with sky)

Checked this morning for BT speeds..51 meg wifi downstairs 46 and full bars on phone upstairs..46 on ps4 with Wi-Fi..34 odd using the adapters...strange but hey ho.

Was meant to arrive Friday and be connected yesterday. Arrived yesterday and couldn't get it working before I left for work. Arrived home still no joy but the chat was offline.
    They've fumbled about last minute today to get me online when I was on the chat as they hadn't changed me from "order processed" to order live...had a flurry of emails and txts and the light went on all at the same time.

Just a case of laziness.

Worked fine before I left again for work.
    You'll be fine. Are you getting BT Sport as well. Three live games on there tonight. Sky have Inter v some side from the Italian third division. Sky Sports cost - about £35 a month. BT sport cost, significantly less.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    You'll be fine. Are you getting BT Sport as well. Three live games on there tonight. Sky have Inter v some side from the Italian third division. Sky Sports cost - about £35 a month. BT sport cost, significantly less.
    Yeah mate got it on in work but I've turned it off for a browse on here. Will defo get value out of the bt sport and the internet, rest is for the old dear so as long as she's happy with the t.v. were golden.

Shame they ain't got bt on the ps4..would save watching football on a tablet in the house..

Shit upstairs

(I got a faster connection on the ps4 using my mobile hotspot that I could either way with sky)

Checked this morning for BT speeds..51 meg wifi downstairs 46 and full bars on phone upstairs..46 on ps4 with Wi-Fi..34 odd using the adapters...strange but hey ho.
    What speeds should you be getting?

I've been with a lot of these suppliers now, BT are the best in my experience, just have to keep an eye on their prices. I was contemplating going to BT TV, but they were going to raise my broadband by £16 a month! No thanks. They offered me something else (their top tv deal for £15 a month), but I declined because they couldn't guarantee that my broadband cost wouldn't shoot up even if my TV costs remained the same.

Sport in UHD for £15 a month, plus the other channels. Compare, again, to Sky. I was paying £50 a month by the time I cancelled - largely for their "350" channels. That includes about 20 religious channels, 20 shopping channels, and a pile of channels that are free to view anyway!

Yeah mate got it on in work but I've turned it off for a browse on here. Will defo get value out of the bt sport and the internet, rest is for the old dear so as long as she's happy with the t.v. were golden.

Shame they ain't got bt on the ps4..would save watching football on a tablet in the house..
    Busy and productive In work then.

Can't you use Chromecast?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Busy and productive In work then.
    Great isn't it.

I'm here if needed watching over!!

Can't you use Chromecast?
    Not looked either 52 or 57. They said it would go up and down for the first few weeks. Understandable as was same with sky at first.

Maybe via my android box..ain't got a smart tv as I dodnt see the need to habe a smart tv AND an android box that effectively makes it smart..

Shit upstairs

I wonder if this is because your hub is using a different channel? Maybe your Sky hub was on a fixed channel? My hub uses the "Smart" setting so it picks the least busy channel. Often, other networks use channels 1, 6 or 11.

It's worth downloading Acrylic Wifi Home - it shows you which channels are busy. Often, people blame a hub for poor wi-fi quality, when the issue is actually the busyness of the channel you are on.

I wonder if this is because your hub is using a different channel? Maybe your Sky hub was on a fixed channel? My hub uses the "Smart" setting so it picks the least busy channel. Often, other networks use channels 1, 6 or 11.

It's worth downloading Acrylic Wifi Home - it shows you which channels are busy. Often, people blame a hub for poor wi-fi quality, when the issue is actually the busyness of the channel you are on.
    I didn't have time to look at the hub before I left for work will look when I get in now. Cheers for the heads up on that app too.

I didnt go with the BT TV, only due to the fact they wanted to charge me 80 quid for the hub with TV, free without ? ? ? ( i guess its the same hub ? ? ? ) i have hopes they will offer me the TV after i start to use the fibre

we will see

I’ve just play the ‘I’m switching game’ with Sky and BT.

BT infinity 2 plus line plus continuing SIM card down from £45 to £33.

Whilst playing the game I’ve upgraded my Sky to Q with extra boxes and discounting sports by £12.50.

That’s £25 saving per month.

My BT speed is virtually always over 50mB except Sunday afternoons. Odd. I use powerline around the house and hard-wire son’s gaming laptop. Worth the investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    I’ve just play the ‘I’m switching game’ with Sky and BT.

BT infinity 2 plus line plus continuing SIM card down from £45 to £33.

Whilst playing the game I’ve upgraded my Sky to Q with extra boxes and discounting sports by £12.50.

That’s £25 saving per month.

My BT speed is virtually always over 50mB except Sunday afternoons. Odd. I use powerline around the house and hard-wire son’s gaming laptop. Worth the investment.
    Everyone is either streaming Netflix with a hangover or streaming the football Sunday afternoon hence the high volume..
    As for BT I get 5 bars Wi-Fi upstairs..says it all was 1 or 2 with sky. Had to use powerlines for ps4 and android box.

Can you turn the wifi off on the BT hub ? ? ?

as i have my house hardwired and have a wifi point built into that

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Can you turn the wifi off on the BT hub ? ? ?

as i have my house hardwired and have a wifi point built into that
    Yes You Can.