+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bt Hub not working.

Bt Hub not working.

Came today (was meant to arrive Friday and go live today)

Set it up before work, well tried, and the hub goes from green to flashing green to orange.
    Went on the chant and I was assured it would be working before today was over.
    Went to work, got back in and it's doing the same shit still..can't get on the chat after 22.45 so I'm likely going to have to wait till morning. Just a little bit frustrating..

Any one offer any advice?

Re: Bt Hub not working.

And you was glad to get rid of sky earlier (sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Set it up before work, well tried, and the hub goes from green to flashing green to orange.
    Went to work, got back in and it's doing the same shit still..can't get on the chat after 22.45 so I'm likely going to have to wait till morning. Just a little bit frustrating..

I had similar issues when I joined BT. Their reason was that the line was still under the name of the previous owner. It took a huge effort to get it all sorted out. If you have switched from Sky to BT today, then there is a chance it hasn't swapped over yet. Wondering if your Sky hub is working? Have you tried that?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    And you was glad to get rid of sky earlier (sorry)
    Do one David Silva :D

Aye well once it's up and running hopefully I will be, loads of reviews saying the hubs are always faulty..Few people I know with them say they are great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I had similar issues when I joined BT. Their reason was that the line was still under the name of the previous owner. It took a huge effort to get it all sorted out. If you have switched from Sky to BT today, then there is a chance it hasn't swapped over yet. Wondering if your Sky hub is working? Have you tried that?
    Was cut off as I disputed a bill and refused to pay so that may well be the reason.

I don't give much of a **** as I'll just plod along using mobile data. Old dear is furious and was already in bed reading when I got in from work. Too much effort to plug the sky box back in for a bit of tv see..

Hope it's sorted soon or i may have to live in work.

I am moving on Thursday, Sky BB to BT

a extra fiver a month, from 1.3 meg line to 53 meg, its a no brainer for a extra 5 quid, oh and BT will give me the hub for free and a 100 quid mastercard as a gift

Do one David Silva :D

Aye well once it's up and running hopefully I will be, loads of reviews saying the hubs are always faulty..Few people I know with them say they are great though.
    Tbh I haven't had no issues with sky and they gave me fibre for an extra £1 a month, my mother was with bt for a long time and had nothing but issues with them

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I am moving on Thursday, Sky BB to BT

a extra fiver a month, from 1.3 meg line to 53 meg, its a no brainer for a extra 5 quid, oh and BT will give me the hub for free and a 100 quid mastercard as a gift
    We had quid something too. No idea what can't remember.

Sky was 37 on the fibre for us, I get more on my 4g. Also get the same over WiFi on the ps4 that I do with a wired connection on sky.

Got a feeling I'll have a fight on my hands unless I pay sky though..hope that ain't the case. Bugger that this side of Xmas.. don't want to pay them full stop.

As an ex-BT employee, I can officially confirm that BT are shite.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Hahaha.

Had BT for years, poor service before upgrading to fibre a few years back, not had a problem since, as far as I recall.
    76MB service, and consistently getting pretty much close to that.

Costs seem to have crept up and up for just broadband service with no extras though.
    Time they had a call .

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    As an ex BT engineer I can officially confirm that they’re not

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    As a long suffering customer, I agree with the previous poster in that they most definitely are!

Come to Utility Warehouse and you’ll get same fibre cheaper and free LED bulbs for life 👍

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    We should listen to llanedeyrnblue
    He is the Nostradamus of this board after last night

Give it a couple of weeks and you'll wish you'd never seen a BT Hub in all your life, in my opinion.

Advice? Send it back now and go with another supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Come to Utility Warehouse and you’ll get same fibre cheaper and free LED bulbs for life 👍
    I forgot to reply to your message...was a Sunday after an all dayer Saturday..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Give it a couple of weeks and you'll wish you'd never seen a BT Hub in all your life, in my opinion.

Advice? Send it back now and go with another supplier.
    Shall see how it goes today.

Few mates have just the broadband and never had an issue, although readying online it looks like many many do..I'll likely fall into that category knowing my luck.

i had issues with the new superhub 6 so now just use my old hub 5 and alls good

Quote Originally Posted by El Horno View Post
    As a long suffering customer, I agree with the previous poster in that they most definitely are!
    Who do you recommend then?

Quote Originally Posted by C1C9F2C7 View Post
    i had issues with the new superhub 6 so now just use my old hub 5 and alls good
    I read a lot saying this after work last night. May be a case of getting a second hand one on eBay in case of further **** ups...when I eventually get it going.

Gonna have another pop at the delightful hat help now.

Piece of piss.

Sorted.

Virgin for me

Piece of piss.

Sorted.
    Turn it off for 20 seconds then back on or press the re-set button ?
    I have had BT broadband for about 12 years now, initially non fibre optic then infinity 1 fibre optic & the the last 2 years infinity 2 ? superfast fibre optic 76mbps.
    Never had a hub problem, touch wood.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Virgin for me
    As the suicide bomber said as he went bang.