+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock the coach

Warnock the coach

I always notice when reading his post match comments that he says things like ' Damour lost his market and was ten the wrong side' or ' We were too square on for their goal' or ' we dropped off them by 10 yards which caused us problems'

I don't see him saying 'they bullied us' unless they actually did.

I think he's a better coach than people give him credit for, he might be tactically stubborn and risk avers on occadion but I believe he makes players better. Countless interviews off him where he says if ' He listens to me he could really do something'

A good coach as well as a good man manager,

Nice 1 Neil.

Re: Warnock the coach

When was the last time we had a manager who could change a game at half time? Frank Burrows?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    When was the last time we had a manager who could change a game at half time? Frank Burrows?
    I thought Frank Burrows was pretty set in his ways I thought. Billy Aires in the same mould. Eddie May was more likely to pull some shit. Mind you it was a good team Eddie had for that level. Frankie done wonders with what he had. Then fkd off
    Last edited by joecity; 12-12-17 at 02:33. Reason: Left the word same out

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    [sorty you meant the hair dryer. You right mate

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I always notice when reading his post match comments that he says things like ' Damour lost his market and was ten the wrong side' or ' We were too square on for their goal' or ' we dropped off them by 10 yards which caused us problems'

I don't see him saying 'they bullied us' unless they actually did.

I think he's a better coach than people give him credit for, he might be tactically stubborn and risk avers on occadion but I believe he makes players better. Countless interviews off him where he says if ' He listens to me he could really do something'

A good coach as well as a good man manager,

Nice 1 Neil.
    Warnock isnt a coach, he leaves his staff of Blackwell, Jepson, Dibble and Rowberry coach the team.

Joey Barton commented that Warnock wasnt a coach. Thats correct you want you manager to manage. Then have your coaches coach.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Warnock isnt a coach, he leaves his staff of Blackwell, Jepson, Dibble and Rowberry coach the team.

Joey Barton commented that Warnock wasnt a coach. Thats correct you want you manager to manage. Then have your coaches coach.
    Fair point. I don't put much stock by what Joey Barton reckons. I agree Warnock let's the coaches get on with it but he talks a lot about players positions etc in the the press conferences. I suppose at his age he isn't going to oversee every session but I was trying to get at his eye for what a player should be doing to get better. No point telling Joey Barton that,

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Fair point. I don't put much stock by what Joey Barton reckons. I agree Warnock let's the coaches get on with it but he talks a lot about players positions etc in the the press conferences. I suppose at his age he isn't going to oversee every session but I was trying to get at his eye for what a player should be doing to get better. No point telling Joey Barton that,
    Joey Bartons comments simply reflect that Warnock doesnt really coach players. Thats fine, that why you employ coaches. As we have seen with people like Trollope is that a good coach doesnt always make a good manager.

Warnock works with a similar set of coaches from job to job. So he manages those. I would think they now have a good understanding, and if he sees an issue he briefs his coaches and they work on it the following week.

The will take charge of all the staff in the club, Coaches, Scouts, CEO, person in charge of contracts, without being directly hands on in all these areas. What we have at the club now is a manager that is comfortable at running a club.

Lets face it - I reckon 99.9% of us watching the game at home or in the stadium simply blamed Patterson for the 1st Reading goal. Warnock laid the 'blame' on Bogle,s positioning. That's why we pay to watch and he gets paid to watch !

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Joey Bartons comments simply reflect that Warnock doesnt really coach players. Thats fine, that why you employ coaches. As we have seen with people like Trollope is that a good coach doesnt always make a good manager.

Warnock works with a similar set of coaches from job to job. So he manages those. I would think they now have a good understanding, and if he sees an issue he briefs his coaches and they work on it the following week.

The will take charge of all the staff in the club, Coaches, Scouts, CEO, person in charge of contracts, without being directly hands on in all these areas. What we have at the club now is a manager that is comfortable at running a club.
    Good post that'. I was of the impression that Warnock didn't like the top level because you can't really tell the players anything or coach them. Whilst he is undoubtedly a canny manager I still reckons he got a sharp coaches eye if that makes sense n he buzzes off of it

Blue in the Face

Another thing I noticed about Neil, is he dodges media questions about tactics. Most managers want to show off everything they know out of insecurity. But why share the knowledge?? Knowledge is power....

There are very few managers left that buy players with the view of improving them. Even managers like Mourinho tend to buy players ready and if they don't work out they just sell them.

Mourinho had Salah and De Bruyne at Chelsea ffs!

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    There are very few managers left that buy players with the view of improving them. Even managers like Mourinho tend to buy players ready and if they don't work out they just sell them.

Mourinho had Salah and De Bruyne at Chelsea ffs!
    Even at the time, I thought his/Chelsea's treatment of De Bruyne was weird. He looks like he could be a future Ballon D'or winner now.